Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: FORK YEAH GHIBLI  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: June 13, 2012, 12:36:33 AM »
+1
This'll be playing near me in November. 35mm prints! Mostly subbed!

http://www.gkids.tv/ghibli/
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »
I didn't like Only Yesterday and Ocean Waves, but everything else on that list are good movies I liked. My Neighbors The Yamadas might be a bit vague or slow for some viewers used to the other movies because it wasn't a Miyazaki film, but it's one of my favorites, very cute. Meet The Ghiblies was fun, too. I'm kinda upset that Porco Rosso got a thumbnailed poster. I think it's one of Studio Ghibli's best films.

How'd you find out it's playing near you? I didn't see a list of theaters.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 06:32:16 PM »
+1
I emailed Landmark Theatres requesting that they bring the tour to Minneapolis, and I got a response saying I might be psychic 'cos they had just struck a deal to do so.

I'll be wanting to see all of them. There's the possibility it'll end up being too expensive, but I'm gonna try my darndest to see everything. Seeing these movies on 35mm is just too good a thing to pass up.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 12:46:20 AM »
So, anyone looking forward to Ni No Kuni in january? It seems like a pretty traditional Level5 JRPG which isn't everyone's cup of tea anymore, but I mean... come on! Look at it. It's so... pretty!  :'(

My most anticipated game of 2013, I think. Only Yakuza 5 comes close.

(Sorry if I went off topic. But it's still Ghibli!)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:47:59 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 10:27:29 AM »
Bringing this back because I just remembered about it and Landmark Theatres has listed all the dates for Minneapolis.

http://www.landmarktheatres.com/Films/films_frameset.asp?id=GHIBMIN

Folks might wanna check your theaters or ask GKIDS if this tour is coming your way.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 05:49:46 AM »
Most of these films are absolute classics. I saw Porco Rosso and Spirited Away at the IFC Center in downtown Manhattan last year (wanted to see Nausicaä on the big screen, but they ran out of tickets). In fact, they were showing all of the Miyazaki films in 35mm, like GKIDS did in June. I hope a nearby theater does that again soon.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Tags:

anything