Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: best times to play Castlevania  (Read 13611 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2011, 11:27:34 AM »
My IQ was measured at 132

Seriously? Mine too. But my testing was never fully finalized so I'll never know my true IQ level. I could be higher, who knows.

Does the alternate game-over where Sara screams out "Leon! LEOOOOOONNN!!" scare the crap out of anyone else besides me? The first time I heard it I think my brain stopped working for two minutes.

I never had this situation happen to me while playing this game. But I did find the pitch-black rooms in the ghostly theater to be on the spooky side, more-so then any other segment of LoI. Luckily nothing jumped out at me like those giant spiders in Tomb Raider 2...Yeck!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »
that said, I will admit that I have the sexual maturity of a brick. Me and my boyfriend don't even do much. We just enjoy each other's company and do normal teenager stuff like play video games (he did manage to get me hooked on Fallout, for one), listen to vinyl records, and seek out pieces of retro technology.

You mean there still exist young people who don't fuck like nasty pigs? I commend you. ;D
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
Seriously? Mine too. But my testing was never fully finalized so I'll never know my true IQ level. I could be higher, who knows.

I never had this situation happen to me while playing this game. But I did find the pitch-black rooms in the ghostly theater to be on the spooky side, more-so then any other segment of LoI. Luckily nothing jumped out at me like those giant spiders in Tomb Raider 2...Yeck!

Hey, that's pretty awesome.
I did take another test when I was 15 and scored 130 on the WASI scale.

And if it's any comfort to you, I was, and still am, absolutely TERRIFIED of the Skulltulas in Zelda: OoT!

You mean there still exist young people who don't fuck like nasty pigs? I commend you. ;D

Yes sir! Unlikely, extremely so. Impossible, absolutely not! But given the people at my (now former) high school one would think otherwise.

EDIT: it's night, there is a beautiful breeze out right now and a little bit of rainfall. WHAT TIME IS IT?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:41:44 PM by narkolepsi »
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Carmilla boyfriend

• carmilla is my girlfriend
  • I am the only one that carmilla loves
    • Awards
Re: best times to play Castlevania
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 05:56:25 PM »
at midnight every month i like to play castlevania judgment because i do anything for carmilla

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »
So what is this thread about again?

Anywho, maybe the best times to play castlevania varies with the season and month. least to me.
Around october, i'm usually in the mood to play Super Castlevania IV, since the game has a good holloween atmosphere. Around November, i get the urge to play Dracula X, Rondo of Blood or DXC, and during December, i feel like playing Dawn of Sorrow. Though around the summer, i have the urge to play Chronicles/X68000 and Simon's Quest.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 06:57:42 AM »

i can never play Castlevania in the morning.

The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night.

Someone had to do it.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Colin B.

• Hunter in Training
  • Belmont sturtin'
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2011, 07:32:22 AM »
Anybody have a particular Castlevania that you like to play at a specific time? I mentioned before that the spring was my traditional time to play Symphony. In the Fall, Portrait and Order of Ecclesia get some love from me. With December comes Castlevania 2 (with some Taco Bell, I might add).

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2011, 07:49:49 AM »
I remember me and my online buddies becoming Nocturnal for about 2 months with HD, it was a great time.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 07:17:15 AM »
I play every year at Halloween.  Either SoTN or LoI.  Last year I played DXC.  Usually the week leading up to Halloween I play Castlevania a lot.  This year I may play SoTN and Lords of Shadow.

But I take time off from work around Halloween as well, because I do a lot for the holiday.  So it just sort of fits in with the whole week.
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »
Between 3 and 5 in the morning.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 11:05:46 PM »
Between 3 and 5 in the morning.

And that's only if you're living on your own. The last thing anybody wants to ruin a good CV experience is to have you're mother, father or both barge into your room and demand that you go back to sleep  :P (This unfortunately happened to me. But only once thank god.)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything