Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274424 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #435 on: April 01, 2014, 12:09:13 PM »
Quick update peeps  ;D I fine tuned the catacombs boss and that only leaves the courtyard and cliffside entrance to be polished  8)then ill be making the custom intro stages for all the extra characters and itll be a done deal  ;Dhome stretch, HOME STRETCH!!!!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #436 on: April 04, 2014, 08:16:15 AM »
Hey fellas, quick update:
I added a new attack sequence to the creature boss for the catacombs and he is a pain in the ass to beat now lol.  I also completely wrapped up terror tower, that just leaves a few tweaks to fix on t he courtyard and even less on the cliffside entrance and all the main stages will be 100% ready! Ive also added the use of controllers or keyboard, both very easy to adapt and use. The contoller scheme is laid out just like cv4 do you guys should have no trouble getting used to it. Once I wrap these up ill be working on grant sypha and alucards prologue stages. As of now, kaonstantine has sypha completely made and a majority of grant as well. I cant wait for you guys to play this!!! Its getting VERY close to being completely finished  ;D also, ive fully implemented the passwords as well to add to the nostalgia  ;D

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #437 on: April 04, 2014, 10:30:26 AM »
After reading this, I'm wondering if I'll have to type: «Help me» as name. Sounds like you beafed up the difficulty which is great. Can't wait!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #438 on: April 04, 2014, 10:45:04 AM »
If the difficulty is too beefed-up then it's going to kill the fun-factor. You'll have to balance out rest of the game to correct this.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #439 on: April 04, 2014, 01:46:23 PM »
Sabin -  thanks man. Yep, wouldnt be a remake in my eyes without having help me give you something  ;)

X - no worries man, the balance flows perfectly. Lets just say that haunted castle is still by far the hardesr cv ever lol

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #440 on: April 09, 2014, 09:46:28 PM »
Its update time again  ;D I have recently upgraded my program and it has been a slow transition due to someold actions needing refreshed to get working right, but now im right back on track :) in the next week or two i will be sending out the game for full beta testing to a few volunteers, but theres always room for more on board, so if you are interested in beta testing please let me know and ill send you the game when its ready! The wait is nearly over dudes! I cant WAIT for you guys to see this!!!!

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #441 on: April 10, 2014, 05:53:42 PM »
I can't wait to see it!

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #442 on: April 11, 2014, 03:53:45 AM »
If the difficulty is too beefed-up then it's going to kill the fun-factor. You'll have to balance out rest of the game to correct this.
Nah, the difficulty is what drives the fun factor in the first place. Beef it up to your heart's content -- just include an easy mode for those who might complain.

Also, look no further if you need any more volunteers for beta testing.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #443 on: April 11, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »
Nah, the difficulty is what drives the fun factor in the first place.

No it isn't. To you, yes from the sounds of it, but not to everybody. The difficulty is categorized in the 'Challenge' area of games, whereas 'Fun factor' is how much enjoyment you get out of playing said game. If there is no balance to any of the games' categories then everything falls apart. You don't want the game to be a cakewalk, but you don't want it to be near-unplayable either. It needs to be balanced out.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #444 on: April 11, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »
Gentlemen, it´s better wait the whole thing be ready, to take your our conclusions. ;D

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #445 on: April 11, 2014, 08:38:49 PM »
I have to agree with Intersection. Games used to give us a real sense of accomplishment. Nowadays it's all about save points, respawning indefinitly and even auto-dumbing down the difficulty if you're dying too much. I remember beating Cv3 for the first time...wow the sweaty palms, the throat raw from cursing (this I'm not so sure since I was probably 8 or 9 but still, you get the point lol), the different last orb music telling me: you are the ultimate dracula slayer. I was the king of the world. I don't get that feeling anymore, or very rarely. I am of the old school, where I think it's nice to work for your ending. I understand though the need for the difficulty to be playable. Demon's soul or battletoads legendary difficulty is just no fun.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:40:37 PM by SabinFigaro »

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #446 on: April 12, 2014, 05:44:41 AM »
@Sabin. Yes very good old times. i still remember the unforgiving ninja gaiden 2. one of the hardest games of NES.

@BMC_WarMachine. hey man what i need to be a volunteer on the Beta Testing ?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #447 on: April 12, 2014, 07:19:22 AM »
I say do it like DMC where if you die too often or X amount of times within a given timeframe, then give the player an option for a Easy Mode. However, you can only go so far and you want see the real ending.

Or you could go even old school and make it so you don't get a easy mode option until you beat the game the first time.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #448 on: April 12, 2014, 03:17:19 PM »
Hey fellas, let me first say thank you all for your involvement and input, as always its more than appreciated, a majority, if not, all the input and requests have or will be implemented  ;D with that, I also want to say that I agree 100% with everything you guys mentioned. Im old school too and I too get that feeling of accomplishment from doing the impossible lol, but I also realize that most dont agree with uber hard difficulty and ive definitely kept that in mind from the get go. When I mentioned beefing things up, it mainly pertains to additonal boss and enemy attacks and patterns. Im not dogging anyones work, any time a fan takes the reigns and makes a game purely for the love of the game is an amazing and dedicated work, but I do know that most projects I have seen have very simple and predictable patterns. My AI evolves around the players actions, so in a nutshell you'll never fight a boss the same way twice. Granted, there are some bosses are made to be simple and predictable so dont expect medusa or something to devour you haha. As for the beta testing requests, all ya gotta do is hit me up on here or via PM and youre in  8) As always, thank you all for your continued support and advice! It is on the home stretch now!!!

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #449 on: April 13, 2014, 09:32:40 AM »
Ha WarMachine, my excellent dude. You do whatever the hell you want to do. This is your game. I was merely expressing an opinion, not a request. You should do the things YOU want. Let the fans bicker among themselves. You don't have to accommodate anyone. We will play your game and love it no matter what. Medium difficulty or legendary :) Keep it up dude, all the best.

Tags: