Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 (now with Pokemon X & Y!)  (Read 47767 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »
+1
http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Evolution_of_Pokemon/index.html

RPGfan has posted a retrospective for the entire series, if you're interested.  8)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2012, 05:32:35 PM »
+2
I'll give it a read.
Too busy trading for Shiny Pokes.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2012, 11:40:54 PM »
http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Evolution_of_Pokemon/index.html

RPGfan has posted a retrospective for the entire series, if you're interested.  8)

HIYA POKEMON FANS!!!

After reading dragoon's link about the evolution of Pokemon games, just remembered something.

When I was 14-15 I borrowed a CD from my friend. The CD had, among other things, ROMS of GBC/GBA games. The CD had the first two generations of Pokemon for game boy color: red/blue/yellow, and silver/gold/crystal. It also had an odd game for GBC called Pokemon Diamond. The game had nothing to do with Pokemon, although it WAS a pokemon-style game. I suppose calling it Pokemon was meant to confuse naive kids into buying it, thinking it's an actual Pokemon game.
Ironically, the game was made FAR before Nintendo decided to make a game with the same name.
Also, like pokemon, there was another game almost identical translated as Pokemon Jade.

Anyway, if you're the hardcore Pokemon fan, you should check out that game. Its original Japanese name is Keitai Denjuu Telefang and it contains a strange, poorly translated world of "electronic monsters". The monsters are actually original and interesting.

http://www.pokezam.com/games/fake/diamond/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keitai_Denj%C5%AB_Telefang

Fake Pokemon Diamond
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2012, 11:57:55 PM »
Lol, I remember hearing about that on Serebii.net around mid 2002.  :o :P

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »
Just want to say : Anyone who plays the "Nostalgia fag" card on someone just because said person doesn't like the new designs is retarded.

I'm sorry, but a spade is a spade, some of them look like digimon.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2012, 09:35:31 AM »
+1
The third evolution for a lot of the Pokes is pretty Digimon-ish.
Though this wasn't true for RBY and GSC (Dragonite, Charizard, Gyarados, etc. look just fine), it is true for RSE and DPPt.  Hoenn and Sinnoh seem to have many 'armor plated' almost-robotic final versions and legendaries, like Groudon, Dialga, Palkia... and third evolutions like Blaziken.

They seem to have dialed it back with Generation 5 (BW), since a lot of the third evolutions aren't ridiculous crazy super-armor dudes (though Samurott gets kinda close).  Evolutions like Gothitelle, Reuniclus, and Leavanny, look pretty lithe and not over-the-top, and even the legendaries look more like dragons with something attached to their tails (Reshiram) rather than heavy Transformers.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2012, 10:24:04 AM »
Gigalith, Cofagrigus and Ferroseed/Ferrothorn say hi, Jorge.  :P

They want a word with you.  8)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »
Gigalith is a giant piece of rock.  Making him soft would be stupid.
Cofagrigus is a sarcophagus.  The coffin is supposed to look like that.
Ferroseed is a seed with iron spikes.  It still doesn't look like Digimon nearly as much as the ones I mentioned.

You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2012, 10:57:20 AM »
I REJECT YOUR REALITY, AND SUPPLEMENT IT WITH MY OWN!  :o 8)

Nope, sorry Jorge, they still look like Digimon to me.

Also:

What would the following look like?

Dragon/bug?

Dragon/Fighting?

Dragon/grass?

Dragon/Poison?

Dragon/Rock?

C'mon jorge, dragons are the easiest thing to imagine.  :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:36:08 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
AN INTERVIEW WITH THE GAME DIRECTOR AND ARTIST
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2012, 09:01:03 AM »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2012, 06:29:01 PM »
I'm sure it's been talked about but I'm too lazy to scroll the 6 pages but why the name Black and White 2? I know it's a sequel to black and white but gold and silver weren't called green and red 2 or blue and red 2. Did they run out of colors?

Anywho just because I have no other games to play(btw that's a lie) I'll pick this up. Moreover, I'll transfer my team I made on leafgreen then to pearl then to heartgold then to white and now to black/white 2. I've had my team for awhile.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »
No, they wanted to save the colors, plus, it's a sequel in the fifth generation.  8)

EDIT: I GOT BLACK 2!

EAT IT, PUNKS!  8) :P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:51:48 AM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Fofa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2012, 03:00:44 PM »
I have my copy of White 2, but I'd have to wait until I get through every bit of the game I possibly can before I can give my impressions. Most of my team has been gathered however.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2012, 05:42:01 PM »
Well, I bought Black 2 today(I bought White last time so I'd thought I'd change it up) but I have so much homework I haven't started on it yet. :(

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »
I got Black 2 as well.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags:

anything