Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 (now with Pokemon X & Y!)  (Read 47752 times)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
New Pokemon so quickly...so confused...can't decide when to jump back on board...??? (And I don't even have a 3DS yet--what happened to the promised Contra 3DS?!)

BUT, I will say that I like the name X and Y. It's cool. It shows a clear break from the series' conventions, and plays up the 3D. (Besides, letters like that just look cool next to names--Mega Man X, anyone?)

I find the new starters less divisive than the Black & White gen. Chespin's probably my fav so far. I like the X logo, but I like the Y Legendary better, so that causes a dilemma. :P

Unfortunately, the graphics and the features so far don't seem like the quantum leap one would hope for. (seems like this could have happened ages ago). In other words, it seems like only a logical baby step up from the last gen, which is sad. I feel they are holding back still. And of course, knowing Z will inevitably come out just adds the insult to injury. Z=snake-shaped Pokemon?

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards

The names for the legendaries have been revealed:

X version's mascot is Xerneas, and may be based on a Chital. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chital (pronounced ZURR-nee-us)

Y Version's mascot is Yveltal, and may be based on a Wyvern (pronounced ee-VELL-tall )

Stay tuned to serebii.net for more info.  8)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:35:33 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Since we are talking about pokemon here, i will never understand how some people are thinking.......

20 Yu-Gi-Oh Cards America Censored
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Pokemon... more of them to remember argh!?!
So.. would the third installment of X and Y be Z? or X2 and Y2?
I'll just wait before jumping into it again.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I hope they don't add too many new Pokemon for 6th gen. Not all the 5th gen Pokemon have sunk in yet. I doubt there will be too many new ones though, since they aren't having only the new Pokemon available through the game until after you beat the elite four, as in the first gen 5 games. New and old Pokemon will be everywhere.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I going to get a 3DS is the next month and even though the new Pokemon won't be out for a bit I'm sure I'll pick it up. I need to continue transferring over my team. LeafGreen to Pearl to HeartGold to White to Black2 and now to X or Y.

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
  • Member of youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
New Pokemon so quickly...so confused...can't decide when to jump back on board...??? (And I don't even have a 3DS yet--what happened to the promised Contra 3DS?!)

BUT, I will say that I like the name X and Y. It's cool. It shows a clear break from the series' conventions, and plays up the 3D. (Besides, letters like that just look cool next to names--Mega Man X, anyone?)

I find the new starters less divisive than the Black & White gen. Chespin's probably my fav so far. I like the X logo, but I like the Y Legendary better, so that causes a dilemma. :P

Unfortunately, the graphics and the features so far don't seem like the quantum leap one would hope for. (seems like this could have happened ages ago). In other words, it seems like only a logical baby step up from the last gen, which is sad. I feel they are holding back still. And of course, knowing Z will inevitably come out just adds the insult to injury. Z=snake-shaped Pokemon?

Haha, No 3DS yet? Even with Mirror Of Fate just around the corner? (A 3DS exclusive) I completely agree with you on the break. In my opinion (Which is what forums are for!) This truly feels like an "Evolution" for the pokemon franchise. I spent about an hour wanting to hate this game, when it was released. But how can I? Ever since I was A kid and played Pokemon Stadium, I wanted Pokemon in the 3rd dimension. I think its safe to say we all did. But look now, We are finally making A step towards A full 3D adventure. I still think one on console would be best. But Pokemon is best on the handheld systems, Its the reason Nintendo always wins the handheld wars haha.
Castlevania Fan, and member of
http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards

Haha, No 3DS yet? Even with Mirror Of Fate just around the corner? (A 3DS exclusive) I completely agree with you on the break. In my opinion (Which is what forums are for!) This truly feels like an "Evolution" for the pokemon franchise. I spent about an hour wanting to hate this game, when it was released. But how can I? Ever since I was A kid and played Pokemon Stadium, I wanted Pokemon in the 3rd dimension. I think its safe to say we all did. But look now, We are finally making A step towards A full 3D adventure. I still think one on console would be best. But Pokemon is best on the handheld systems, Its the reason Nintendo always wins the handheld wars haha.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Haha, No 3DS yet? Even with Mirror Of Fate just around the corner? (A 3DS exclusive)

Well.... I also do not have a 3DS yet. I am a person who wishes to wait and see before buying stuff.
I am torn whether to get the Japanese or US 3DS, region exclusivity is a pain!
And I don't want to buy both just to play a few games, then the next gen handheld comes along...

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards

"Nintendo has sent out some new details regarding Pokémon X & Y. Specifically, it has confirmed that the types of Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie will be pure Grass, Fire and Water respectively. In addition to that, they have released six direct feed screenshots of the Pokémon in battle, which have been added to our screenshot page."

No surprise there, but the screenshots are from the trailer, so nothing new there.
Expect more new screenshots and info from next month's Coro coro magazine.

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
Well.... I also do not have a 3DS yet. I am a person who wishes to wait and see before buying stuff.
I am torn whether to get the Japanese or US 3DS, region exclusivity is a pain!
And I don't want to buy both just to play a few games, then the next gen handheld comes along...

I can actually understand your reasoning just fine. It just seemed odd considering 3DS is getting its own exclusive Castlevania game. Good Luck in your search.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
I can actually understand your reasoning just fine. It just seemed odd considering 3DS is getting its own exclusive Castlevania game. Good Luck in your search.

I am hyped for the game but i have to consider money matters. Plus i am saving big for a trip to Japan.

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
I am hyped for the game but i have to consider money matters. Plus i am saving big for a trip to Japan.

Oh wonderful! I hope you enjoy it.

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
If my manual is correct, I need someone's friend code to get mine? WTF lol?  ;D

So, if I need a FC code to get mine...what did the FIRST person do to get his, since he needed someone else's code, but he was the first, so there were no other FCodes...!?  :o :o :o

Can someone give me a PKMN BorW 2 friend code, I'll give mine the instant this stupid game gives me it after typing yours.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:58:22 AM by P/\/\\/o »
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
p.s. didn't the guy/gal you have a rivalry with in the Pocketggcktmon games used to be a huge d-bag? The guy I'm having in PKMN B2 is surprizingly symphatetic!  :o
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Tags:

anything