Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yoshi's New Island  (Read 2182 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: March 17, 2014, 06:07:35 PM »
has any1 played this adorable game yet?

Yoshi's New Island - Launch Trailer [HD 1080P]

Offline RegalSin

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
Game is great, they basically, used "Yoshi Story" Graphics, but up the violence level to be, just about the below the belt of "Super Mario World". Sadly the game has all the NEW SUPER MARIO, sound effects, and animations. I do not want to give any spoilers away, but at least you get to see some Kamek ( who is a dude, not a girl ), action, as well as some cameo stuff.

Did it out do the original SMW2:YI...... Nope, and if you played the SNES game you would know what I mean.

The graphics again, it apparently is the graphics from the preview ( of the original game ). You know the very beginning of the game? That is what this is, the graphics are done very nicely, if not too nicely, like the preview ( where they tell the story ).

However the gameplay feels kinda weak, in comparison to the SNES game. Like there is something missing.

The music is not bad, but it lacks the life, and happy upbeat-ness of the SNES game.

The NDS game has a terrible usage of fonts.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:59:16 AM »
Heard it was incredibly easy and not really challenging in both difficulty and gameplay design, which the original SNES classic (my favorite game) got spot-on in both regards. I still wanna play it, though—it looks BOSS, YO.

But I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope it's better than the DS game, 'cos I still have yet to finish that 'cos it just doesn't captivate me.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:38:30 AM »
I had the first game for my SNES and thought it was fun, but I'm going to pass on this. I have my 3DS eyes set squarely on Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 04:26:59 PM »
I played the original and It was ok, not really my favorite iteration of the Mario franchise, but I did like some of the concepts that came out of it.

Never really had any interest in playing Yoshi's Story. The singing killed it for me even worse than Baby Mario's crying.

Haven't ever gotten passed the first world of the DS game, but I at least had more interest in that because of the other baby characters and their powers.

This new game seems like there's barely anything new to hold my attention. Kinda blah.

I think they should have just made something altogether new just for Yoshi. They could do something cool if they go back to the original and cut out the baby mechanic while expanding more on Yoshi's other powers like the fruit and the transformations.
"Stuff and things."

Tags: