Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 1st Monthly Dungeon Digital Art Contest April 6th, 2015- May 31st 2015  (Read 4568 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
RULES: Participants will digitally paint a environment scene depicting the iconic scene of a hero standing on a cliff overlooking Dracula's Castle.

Contest starts on April 6 2015, PM Pacific Time (PT)

Deadline for entries is May 31st, 2015 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (PT)

Winner's will be announced and posted on the dungeon by June 6th, 2015, at 11:59 (PT)

Judges will be able to judge: June 1st, 2015 - June 6th, 2015

There will be awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place.

There will be no teams allowed for this month's contest.

There are no style, color, or art limits.

Contestants can use any paint program that they wish ie, Photoshop, MS Paint, Illustrator, GIMP, etc.

All scenes will be fully colored and textured. (No sketches allowed.)

A WIP (work-in progress) thread can  be made and maintained in the contest. ( Feedback and critiques from members is encouraged.)

A final render will be required for contest entry.

The art submitted must be originally made for this contest. No existing art work will be accepted.

Artist participating must be a member of The Castlevania Dungeon. Registration is free.

Please Note: Judges are encouraged to participate, but entries will not be counted during a contest.

JUDGES:
1.) Darkmanx_429
2.) To be announced
3.) To be announced
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:22:26 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Re: 1st Monthly Dungeon Digital Art Contest April 6th, 2015-May 6th, 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 06:33:43 AM »
Anyone want to volunteer for judging?

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »
Uhh...first I think your dates are a bit wonky.

Deadline for entries is April 4th, 2015 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (PT)

Second....shit, I totally would have been down for this.

Don't suppose you could open it for another month?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 03:19:13 PM »
Uhh...first I think your dates are a bit wonky.

Second....shit, I totally would have been down for this.

Don't suppose you could open it for another month?

Of course, I can! 

I dunno what was up with me and those dates, must of been half a sleep!

I extended the time for everyone too for additional participants.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:23:19 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
I think I can make this happen then. =)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Okay, this is totally unfinished and unrefined and I kind of cheated and skimped on things like the rocks and the castle shading. This month was busier than I thought, so take this as a 90% finished piece.

In retrospect, I should have put the castle more on a cliff-side....but fuck it.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Well you would win by the default...lol

Judging by the lack of entries, I don't think I am going to be the one to continue this contest any longer unless there is some more interest and actual participation.

Sindra, if you want to pick the contest for next month and make a thread that would work! Winner's get to pick and make the next contest!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I was thinking about entering but I don't think I have the time to make anything close to finished.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I was thinking about entering but I don't think I have the time to make anything close to finished.
Well technically, Sindra didn't finish either. I would rather participants start a project and submit a unfinished work than nothing at all. You can always go back and finish it after each contest.

Tags: