Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Query on the music contests  (Read 10403 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: April 25, 2015, 12:37:40 AM »
Just had a thought, why not expand the music contests to game music other than Castlevania?

I only bring this up under the mindset that, sooner or later, we're gonna run out of CV themes for the contests. There are, after all, only so many forest and cave themes, boss and game-specific tunes, and tonalities we can cover.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 02:11:28 PM »
Just had a thought, why not expand the music contests to game music other than Castlevania?

I only bring this up under the mindset that, sooner or later, we're gonna run out of CV themes for the contests. There are, after all, only so many forest and cave themes, boss and game-specific tunes, and tonalities we can cover.
LMFAO dude I LITERALLY thought about the same thing the other day lol. Im definitely down for that as well  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 03:05:27 AM »
Why not? I'm up for it. Even if it's the CASTLEVANIA dungeon lol

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 03:17:13 AM »
Because then we could theoretically expand into chiptunes and specific gamesound styles and I'd have a leg up against you two for a cha-I mean, uh, it gives more variety.

Plus, we may be a CV board, but we don't only discuss CV.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 03:36:22 AM »
I have no problems with this. This would also bring in variety and perhaps more people to join.
You can start this with the next month's contest.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 03:54:00 AM »
I predicted that we would run out of contests eventually.
Non-CV stuff should be submitted at the HC101 section.  But I suppose contests for that could go here. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 05:02:37 AM »
I'd have a leg up against you two for a cha-I mean, uh, it gives more variety.
who has 2 gold medals in the music competition?   :P I lol'd hard on that comment dude, but in all seriousness,  Drac9, you and Chernabogue bring it every month and its a blast regardless who wins.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 05:05:59 AM »
Speaking of which, those trophies are beginning to take too much space IMO lol Maybe just one trophy for "Entering the [X] Compo"? :p

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 05:07:49 AM »
Agreed. But, of course the highest ranked should sit in the awards for "x" competition   ;)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 06:32:13 AM »
Or perhaps a better idea, a slot for each level of trophy a person has won, with the number of times they've won it next to it (not under our usernames, but in our profiles), i.e.;

Music Contest First Place - Won 4 times
Sprite Contest Second Place - Won 2 times
Music Contest Second Place - Won 3 times
Music Contest Third Place - Won 1 time

Et cetera, et cetera. If this is doable, it'd only show one actual trophy here on our posts, but the actual number listed on the profiles, that way our other awards can be displayed.

Tags: