Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is it okay to get hyped?  (Read 6304 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 07:34:19 AM »
What's bs is that there are 3DS Virtual Cobsole downloads like ALTTP which are only for 'new' nintendo 3ds, that is cheaper than Apologyman's incoming mixup in Umvc3. That sort of reaming the consumer-type mentality is when I stop buying consoles.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 09:59:56 AM »
Yeah, the New 3DS point is a good one. I couldn't afford one for a while, and when I could, they pumped out the New 3DS, which is the one I got. And they've barely taken advantage of the stronger hardware on the system. I'm not saying they should make more New 3DS exclusives, but it'd be great if more games took advantage of the new hardware.

I mean, Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate looks and plays great on the New 3DS, with much better controls and almost instant loading times during missions. Tecmo Koei managed to condense the MASSIVE Hyrule Warriors for the New 3DS as well as add new content (I say for the New because it performs horribly on the regular). I really wanna see more games take advantage of this, whether it be in slight graphical upgrades or performance upgrades. But so few of the games I've played are any different.

Also, Nintendo should really just go back to a standard gaming console. Sure, not much would make it all that different from the PS4 and Xbox One, but if they made the specs of it on par with the PS Neo and Project Scorpio, it'd give them a fighting chance. Not to mention more developers would actually want to make games for it since it doesn't have any gimmicky controllers. On top of a potentially insane first-party library that people would eat up, since Nintendo has consistently had arguably the best first-party library of the three major companies. Unfortunately, right now, first-party support is all Nintendo has.

Though with this new Sonic '17 being confirmed for NX as well as PS4 and Xbone, I actually have quite some hope for the console.

That's where things do get tricky. Nintendo has their exclusives, and that should be enough for them to succeed. At the same time, a ton of ppl are backtracking on their "Nintendo must be the same" argument. They say "why would I want yet another console just to play the same games?". I feel like the game journalists or ppl who buy all systems miss something: NOT EVERYONE WANTS MULTIPLE CONSOLES AND NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD MULTIPLE CONSOLES. If someone wants third party but also wants Nintendo games, they have to either go for PC, which has a high asking price assuming you wanna build something that can run AAA games very well, and they'll also have to buy the Nintendo console. Imagine having an all in one system: Nintendo games and the third party of PC, PS4 and Xbone. It'd be great for Nintendo fans!

Nintendo consoles are also always cheaper. Might be tricky for them to make a console up to snuff with the Neo and Scorpio at an affordable price. They at least need to make something X86 so ports can be easily done, and at least make it comparable to an extent with the Neo and Scorpio so devs don't have to change a lot of their game's to run well enough. Plus, imagine how fucking awesome a new Zeda would look on something like the XBone or PS4, let alone the Scorpio or Neo(even tho we haven't seen those systems power yet).

As for Sonic, hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Segas always supported Nintendo since they got out of the console business, and hopefull that long relationship isn't the sole reason Sega is supporting NXeith this game: hopefully it's because devs around the board are interested. I know Square Enix and I believe Take Two said something, but third parties spoke well of the Wii U

Tags: