Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: PS4/Xbox3 just in time to commemorate 30th anniversary of great video game crash  (Read 7124 times)

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I e been predicting a game market crash for a few years now but I didn't think it would come as a result of consoles not playbg used games. If anything, this will likely make people more careful  about what they buy, which may mean less games sold, and in an era where production costs are bigger than they've ever been, this is the last thing devs want.

I'll call this alarmism until the consoles come out and we know whether it's true or not. I read an article that claimed the same thing about the PS3 before it came out so maybe this is just another cry of wolf.

But even if it's true, we have thr entire history of video games available for free online. So I'm not worried. That and I've been playing most of my games on ios and pc. I just got a ps3 recently so I've got a lot of catching up to do.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:04:00 PM by DoctaMario »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

I hate how the "new" way is being pushed on us, If we don't like it, we wont use it. This is why so many people are still playing Twilight Princess GC over the Wii version, an option is nice, but forcing such a thing is just retarded.

Take PC for example, plent of controllers but Classic mouse and keyboard has been around since day 1.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I figured Microsoft would go with mandatory Kinect support. It makes me wonder if Sony will go with mandatory Move support for the Orbis.

I'm not too bothered by it, it's not like I'm living off the grid and fearful of everything the government is already recording that I do. And again, if we don't like it? There's always the glory of joining us in the PC Master Race. ;)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:22:55 PM by TheCruelAngel »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I figured Microsoft would go with mandatory Kinect support. It makes me wonder if Sony will go with mandatory Move support for the Orbis.

I'm not too bothered by it, it's not like I'm living off the grid and fearful of everything the government is already recording that I do. And again, if we don't like it? There always the glory of joining us in the PC Master Race. ;)
Returning back to the PC ranks soon, Finally getting to play borderlands 2 (i ordered it some time back in advance)
til then its laptopping

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
For me, though, it's just a matter of waiting for the fighting game market to fully enter the PC *cough*SNK*cough*Namco*cough* for me to go "PC-a-go-go, baby!". :x
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
For me, though, it's just a matter of waiting for the fighting game market to fully enter the PC *cough*SNK*cough*Namco*cough* for me to go "PC-a-go-go, baby!". :x

That would be incredible, I love fighting games and if they are made for PC the chance of a Onliine Mode raises.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: