Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LoS Glitches?  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: June 09, 2012, 01:51:08 AM »
I feel like an idiot for not taking a video or pic of it, but a while ago I was replaying Crow's Pass in LoS, and ot up to the part where you have to avoid Balore's the Ogre's arm jutting out of the fortress trying to grab you.

so at one point when he lunges his arm at me, i double jump over it, and end up skyrocketing right off the top of the map. the entire stage sort of scrolls down leaving just the background sky/mountains, and I can HEAR Gabe up right past the top of the screen. He can jump and attack and shit but I cant see what im doing. I dick around a bit and eventually jump off of something, and die.

Anyone ever encounter any what the fuck glitches or odd moments in LoS?

Just curious.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:54:27 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 03:22:16 AM »
There was this Youtube user named satvara that discovered a bunch of zany exploits.

C:LoS, Wygol Village Lever Skip (5-2)

By alternating between holy water and attacks while in midair, it's possible to gain a limited amount of extra height and bypass certain obstacles/barriers. There are many more LoS vids on his channel that demonstrate the repercussions of this technique- large chunks of levels basically fall by the wayside.

The channel hasn't been updated in awhile, though. It's odd- the guy was pretty much breaking ground, but still opted to upload his videos in the most silent way possible. Many of them barely have any views.

Here's a really good one:

C:LoS, Dracolich Skip (11-2)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:48:16 AM by derision »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:52:37 AM »
haha wow those were pretty neat.

Now that i think about it, his arm itself gave me extra height by pushing me upward. Then I might have whipped some, which adds a teeny bit more too.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.