Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania Season  (Read 32091 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2021, 01:35:31 PM »
I just wish they’d make some multimedia spinoffs like comic books or novels to fill in some of the periods they’ll gloss over or give some more backstory on existing characters.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2021, 02:08:37 PM »
Well, as I’m sure you’re already aware, there have been attempts here n there to expand the lore with comics & stuff. The Belmont Legacy features Christoph’s experiences, although the artwork in my opinion was pretty awful

Then there were the mangas. I own both the Curse of Darkness mangas, which I believe serve as a mini-prequel to the game. There was supposed to be a 3rd entry but I believe it was cancelled.

There was also that Lament of Innocence prequel comic that was exclusive only to cellphones in Japan, and since that was released so long ago (2003 I think?), there was no one available to preserve it & obviously the service shut down a couple months after the game was released. We only know bits & pieces of the story but the complete “digital manga” is forever locked away in a Konami vault somewhere. It allegedly detailed the life of Matthias & Leon as friends in the early days.

I also remember the SotN prequel manga that they made, it wasn’t terribly lengthy but it was unique for the time. An ongoing manga series that emulates Ayami Kojima’s style has long been my dream. But we must rely on Super Waffle to tell these stories, he’s the only one that’s willing & able

Offline Hayoam

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2021, 02:22:59 PM »
Well I'm not excited at all but as A Castlevania fan I need to see this through.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2021, 02:52:09 PM »
There was also that Lament of Innocence prequel comic that was exclusive only to cellphones in Japan, and since that was released so long ago (2003 I think?), there was no one available to preserve it & obviously the service shut down a couple months after the game was released. We only know bits & pieces of the story but the complete “digital manga” is forever locked away in a Konami vault somewhere. It allegedly detailed the life of Matthias & Leon as friends in the early days.

I totally forgot about this but it actually sounds like access to this phone comic was discontinued in 2012, so while it can't be accessed anymore, there should be phones out there who still have it downloaded. Just need that one person to dig their old phone out to dump the comic from.

The series has kind of faded a bit in Japan and really needs a shot in the arm from Konami to renew interest, unless Netflix fans in Japan really start putting the pressure on. Who knows that Moonlight Rhapsody will do in terms of interest in the series, so we have to hope that maybe interest in the new Getsu Fuma Den might mean future titles and future storybuilding.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2021, 07:45:03 PM »
I heard that this is also supposed to be the final season of the show, which, in my opinion, just further ultimately cements the whole thing as a failure. There is absolutely no way to coherently do the entire rest of the story that is to come justice in any way in just like, what, a dozen episodes? Especially given how the third season did absolutely nothing to further the actual plot, either the original one from the games or even the internal, alternate universe plot of the show.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2021, 09:39:32 PM »
Well, as I’m sure you’re already aware, there have been attempts here n there to expand the lore with comics & stuff.
Right, I mean something tied in with the Netflix animation.  Nothing else fiction-wise has come out since the Netflix show started.  Would be nice if someone tapped into the renewed interest in the franchise that the Netflix has given it.  I’d love it if Udon drew some stuff in the style of the Netflix show for one thing.  I follow most of their fighter game comics.  Heck Warren Ellis does comics, it would have been nice to see him involved with something while he was still attached.

Back to the animation.  Hope we get to see some skeletons in season 4 or the next show.  Gotta see a band of skeletons raise a village at some point.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 09:49:04 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 11:41:01 PM »
+2

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2021, 07:52:08 AM »
Here’s a teaser trailor for Season 4.  Sounds like Carmilla is getting more ambitious.  Plus can’t help but notice a town of “Danesti”.

https://youtu.be/_dW1FdL1AiY

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 09:18:13 AM »
If I had to guess, this will be the final season... the fallout with the writer being a big reason, but its hard to say since the show seems to be very successful in terms of viewership. If the show continues to a 5th season, I'm in agreement that the show needs a reset with a new Belmont, in a new era. I would vote Simon, but with how much Alucard takes the spotlight, I would guess they would jump straight to Rondo and SotN.

It's been an interesting and bumpy ride so far, and my enthusiasm has declined with each season, but I'll tune in for season 4. My main concern is that each season has felt less like Castlevania than the one before, and there wasn't much at the end of season 3 to entice me as a Castlevania fan to look forward to more. If anything I'll tune in to appreciate the art and animation, one aspect of the show that I think has remained strong throughout.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2021, 10:57:00 AM »
+1
If I had to guess, this will be the final season... the fallout with the writer being a big reason, but its hard to say since the show seems to be very successful in terms of viewership. If the show continues to a 5th season, I'm in agreement that the show needs a reset with a new Belmont, in a new era. I would vote Simon, but with how much Alucard takes the spotlight, I would guess they would jump straight to Rondo and SotN.
It has been confirmed that this will be the last season.  However, Netflix has expressed interest in a follow up series set in the same universe with a different cast, though nothing confirmed.

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 06:15:11 PM »
+1
I really fucking hope it's not Simon. He's badass and that's great but basically everything surrounding him will be made up from scratch.

I'd prefer DXC, Aria or Ecclesia.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2021, 08:15:40 PM »
I mean, the Dracula X / Symphony story arc would be the logical follow up to CV3's story. Have one season dedicated to Rondo and 2-3 dedicated to Symphony.

It's either that or the 1999 story. I don't think fans will want anything that doesn't have Alucard at this point.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2021, 10:43:43 PM »
Castlevania Adventure/Belmont’s Revenge all the way. Christopher is probably the least-known Belmont amongst casual fans & his story can bring in a lot of new fans. They can do so much with it

He was the first Belmont to fight Dracula after his death by Trevor. And then he defeats him again while being middle aged & way passed his prime, all while trying to rescue his possessed son. And the series can cover various locations since he visits several castles during his journey. He deserves more respect for what he’s been through

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2021, 07:59:12 AM »
I think anyone that believes it's going to be anything that deosn't involve Alucard is kidding themselves at this point. So I hope it's SoTN, 1999, or Aria/Dawn, because I absolutely believe they'd be willing to insert him somewhere else to give us something like and Alucard Simon team up, or an Alucard/Shanoa ship.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2021, 08:46:16 PM »
1 season Legends interlude. Why not. It's already an alternate canon.

Edit: remembered why she was retconned, cause the years don't line up with trevor's birth and whatnot. But they could just place it in a slightly different era since it's not a huggeeeee deal. But it's got a strong female lead, incredibly diverse environments, and True Alucard Romance.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:52:51 PM by Bloo »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Tags: