Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013  (Read 108870 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2023, 04:17:16 PM »
https://github.com/Aceearly1993/lecarde-1/releases/tag/v0.4.2

HOTFIX - An attempt to fix an issue regarding controls after clicking out of window when an action frame is intact.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2023, 04:04:20 PM »
+1
Gathered several test players and their effort greatly helped the Lecarde 1 reworking process! Although the current reworking state cannot be established as completed because the workaround to DMCA trouble is still needing times to be in place...

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2023, 06:18:10 PM »
I feel like I missed a lot. Lecarde Chronicles 1 is getting another pass?! It sounds like spike balls are being worked on and remapping controls, maybe even with an XBox controller?

I haven't had much time lately, but I had started a Hard Mode quest on LC1 with the old build several weeks ago. (Which was hard to get when there are so many virus versions out there.) I am progressing well--Hard Mode seems totally doable with the skills I built on Normal--but I have had a glitch where the Xbox controller jams up when walking sometimes. Like, the character just stops moving as if you've let go of the stick. I don't know if you've seen this in the new build or if you're working on d-pad support. Anyway, I'm intrigued. (Maybe Konami will see the light and release a Lecarde Chronicles 2-pack. ;))

And I saw an old comment where you said you missed the whip action of LC1 after LC2. I felt the same way. LC2 was absolutely amazing, but there is something special about LC1, too.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2023, 09:59:01 PM »
I feel like I missed a lot. Lecarde Chronicles 1 is getting another pass?! It sounds like spike balls are being worked on and remapping controls, maybe even with an XBox controller?

I haven't had much time lately, but I had started a Hard Mode quest on LC1 with the old build several weeks ago. (Which was hard to get when there are so many virus versions out there.) I am progressing well--Hard Mode seems totally doable with the skills I built on Normal--but I have had a glitch where the Xbox controller jams up when walking sometimes. Like, the character just stops moving as if you've let go of the stick. I don't know if you've seen this in the new build or if you're working on d-pad support. Anyway, I'm intrigued. (Maybe Konami will see the light and release a Lecarde Chronicles 2-pack. ;))

And I saw an old comment where you said you missed the whip action of LC1 after LC2. I felt the same way. LC2 was absolutely amazing, but there is something special about LC1, too.

The controls remap is now here, the support to xbox gamepad is now in place and the plugins used by the controller events are reworked, they (normally) should be all OK in the latest build.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 11:39:43 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2023, 04:38:50 PM »

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2023, 09:09:44 AM »
Where do we click to play this and Lecarde 2 as whole games? There are so many files, I'm confused. Also, is there any way to skip to the Hard Mode in Lecarde 1?

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2023, 03:29:42 PM »
+1
Where do we click to play this and Lecarde 2 as whole games? There are so many files, I'm confused. Also, is there any way to skip to the Hard Mode in Lecarde 1?

At the "Release" pages, Download the largest .zip file which is the game binary contains the game's exe file. The .mfa files are the source codes requires by the game's engine (Clickteam fusion 2.5) to generate the .exe of the game.

If you grab the .zip file successfully, extract it and you will get multiple .exes. The "CTLC Binary.exe" is the base game while the rest are different launchers required if meeting incompatibilities in video side. (This was how MIG himself dealt with the video settings in original game. Although not necessary in my sight, there're a handful of people requested to make the original video option screens come back.)

Is my reply crisp and clear by now?  If you're still confused, we had a discord and we can guide you to get closer to the progress step by step if you're still having troubles.

LC1 & LC2 REWORK

Why host files like this is necessary because Katriel wants a safer method to archive our progress without getting hammered by DMCA too quick, please understand.

Why make the games open source is because the reworking of games are still in WIP state with a lot of issues needing to solve by people more skilled with Clickteam fusion than me, and to gather music composers around the world to get rid of DMCA issues with sound effects which is a lot harder without opening the task wide open to the world. Too bad the other people collabed with the rework project are all troubled by either life or other game project and are less active with the lecardes, so all I can do is to proceed some very small maintenances, I cannot do all the major changes I myself unless more people joined the reprogramming task.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 04:03:01 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2023, 11:03:27 AM »
At the "Release" pages, Download the largest .zip file which is the game binary contains the game's exe file. The .mfa files are the source codes requires by the game's engine (Clickteam fusion 2.5) to generate the .exe of the game.

If you grab the .zip file successfully, extract it and you will get multiple .exes. The "CTLC Binary.exe" is the base game while the rest are different launchers required if meeting incompatibilities in video side. (This was how MIG himself dealt with the video settings in original game. Although not necessary in my sight, there're a handful of people requested to make the original video option screens come back.)

Is my reply crisp and clear by now?  If you're still confused, we had a discord and we can guide you to get closer to the progress step by step if you're still having troubles.

LC1 & LC2 REWORK

Why host files like this is necessary because Katriel wants a safer method to archive our progress without getting hammered by DMCA too quick, please understand.

Why make the games open source is because the reworking of games are still in WIP state with a lot of issues needing to solve by people more skilled with Clickteam fusion than me, and to gather music composers around the world to get rid of DMCA issues with sound effects which is a lot harder without opening the task wide open to the world. Too bad the other people collabed with the rework project are all troubled by either life or other game project and are less active with the lecardes, so all I can do is to proceed some very small maintenances, I cannot do all the major changes I myself unless more people joined the reprogramming task.

You were detailed with your instructions. I'm sure I can figure it out. I've got a lot going on in my own life right now, too, so it might be a little bit before I get to it. Please know I didn't mean to suggest anything was disorganized, it's just that I am ignorant about these things. Always been more in the consoles side of things with gaming. I felt shocked I could get LC1 and LC2 to work to begin with. :P I know this is a labor of love and wish you all the best! While the Lecarde games have only been an experience for me in the last year, they've made me very disappointed how Konami has handled the series over the last two decades. They were that good.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2023, 08:15:39 PM »
https://github.com/Aceearly1993/lecarde-1/releases/tag/v0.4.5

Ooops! A bug newly happened by plugin swaps is found out of nowhere and freaked me out for several days. Fixed.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: January 01, 2024, 05:08:26 PM »
https://github.com/Aceearly1993/lecarde-1/releases/tag/v0.4.6

No real progress, but still managed to find out a vanilla bug and eased it.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2024, 02:02:15 AM »
https://github.com/Aceearly1993/lecarde-1/releases/tag/v0.4.7

Hotfix several reported issues overlooked in previous builds.

A good Update on situations: Belmontoya will exclusively rework the sounds as an attempt to get around DMCA troubles! (After all CotW sound works are done) The need of external resource is gone.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 03:48:29 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2024, 10:39:34 PM »
https://github.com/Aceearly1993/lecarde-1/releases/tag/v0.4.8

Everyone please spread the message to the world that Lecarde Chronicles 1 and 2 are still receiving community updates at github!  A plenty of people still only know the last original release that contains bugs and result in false impression to the games, which caused the community updates hard to gather public opinions.

As for DMCA argument or other risks, just as the previous posts stated: most of the game's sounds will be replaced in order to get around the troubles (matching the style of sounds in LC2). We can only hope the devil hand didn't stretch that far.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 10:43:14 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2024, 03:25:18 PM »
We noticed a weird bug about text in dx11 mode which text size will go incorrectly if set windows display scale to higher than 100%. Will have to leave this case to future roadmaps because my body is not in 100% perfect shape despite the body recover is going good.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 03:27:13 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2024, 06:51:40 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSbG3NOvt3Q&t=27s

A demonstration of how far the community goes on the attempts to rescue the fan game from the abyss.

More goodies will join the fun in the future!

Tags: