Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dark Souls 2  (Read 22062 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
I gotta check to make sure my preorder is still comin...hope Gamesport didnt lose it D:

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »
Can't you just avoid invasions by shutting off your internet connection to your system? That just might be the only way to do it. I hate it when someone invades a game and kills you outright just for s**t's and giggles. It's very poor sportsmanship on their part and they should be banned for a time till they can learn to play nice with everyone else.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 06:35:36 PM »
I'll be getting this one at midnight for sure.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 09:32:53 AM »
Okay, normally I prefer playing through something before something else, but I tried Dark Souls last night (even though I'm halfway through Demon's Souls. It's so amazing, Boltaria Palace and Latria Tower locations are my favorites.  Really, people don't understand how jawdropping these locations are until they at least reach the entrance to the archdemon of each world.  Wow. the beginning of each world is only the surface to the GENIUS of the level design and atmosphere.  When I reached 3-2 and 1-3, I was in tears how wonderous and profound and fascinating these "worlds" are.   I mean just for example 3-1, people don't really know 3-1 until they reach the bottom floor and explore the outside and cathedral parts of that level.  The level design becomes a different monster the further you progress. And 3-2 from start to finish is outstanding madness!!  Seeing 3-1 to 3-3 as a whole, it's one of the greatest levels EVER DESIGNED. Even though there isn't jumping, these enviornments are the closest to the ideal evolution of Castlevania 3D level design.)

I'm just speechless how ULTIMATE Dark Souls looks and feels.   :o   And I only completed the first area and the first steps of Lordran (well okay I explored a bit of the water on the side.    but this is more than amazing.   Even the character creation and everything is like in a league of its own compared to the first one.    The voice acting is high quality like the previous one too. 
This is like comparing Street Fighter II to Street Fighter 1.   
or Star Fox 64 to Star Fox SNES.   
or Saints Row 2 to Saints Row 1. 
or Castlevania II to Castlevania 1 (yes that is the best analogy.   Castlevania II was open world and really reinvented Castlevania in spectacular ways, while holding onto its foundations.) 

Demon's Souls is a masterpiece in itself, but Dark Souls not only feels greater in every way, but is still faithful to what Demon's Souls did best and known for.   Ah well it's first impressions  ;D

though personally, Dark Souls does not make Demon's Souls obsolete one bit. 

What it does is provide new, different, familiar, and greater ways to enjoy Souls quality experiences.   ;D

Dark Souls II is going to be BEYOND phenomenol.     
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:35:41 AM by affinity »

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 11:20:50 AM »
I will get this eventually because I loved the first (second?) game. Thought Dark Souls made a pretty decent Castlevania from the point of view of a random would be crusader that found his way into the castle, and then died. A lot.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 07:39:36 AM »
Wonder what hairstyles they have now.   One of the characters I'll make will be Sonia Belmont, though it may be tricky finding a whip. 
Shame there is no official whip class (yet this series introduced whips since Dark Souls 1. )

Ah well maybe I'll RP Sonia in this adventure starting as a knight  (just like Leon was, without the "sword belonging to the church" excuse), then eventually she would evolve into a whip slinging hunter (this still has whips, right?)    ;D   

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 09:51:10 AM »
Sonia carries a sword as a side arm in the official art so she could start out with the sword (game-wise), then once you get the whip you'll have a complete Belmont character.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »
I thought that was more of a Dagger.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »
I thought that was more of a Dagger.

http://www.illusionware.it/main/sonia2.jpg

Then that is one huge dagger!

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »
Any Dark Souls save bonuses?

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 10:30:02 AM »
none of the extra preorder/whatever bonuses interests me.   :P  The game itself counts.   ;D

I don't know HOW I tolerated Blighttown.  its magnitude and design is fascinating, yet at the sametime, is a hell you don't wanna be in too long.     I think that maneater npc was intentional, that phantom definitely helped me beat the boss and progress further.   Back to the firelink shrine, I really am amazed how I discovered the path to the next location (Sen's Fortress) on my own.   It made me recall that doorway I didn't explore earlier. 

Having no map really encourages exploration, understanding and observation of the terrain even more so than other games.   The world really is opening up further, now with a dark forest I discovered, and a trap filled fortress I have mastered.    It is breathtaking how massive and perfectly designed this Lordran world is. It's like a character in itself filled with personalities.  Dark Souls really is the Castlevania II/SOTN of Demon's Souls, times 1000.    Now Dark Souls II could really raise the standard with its own world to uncover.  ;D

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 08:19:49 AM »
Well just completed Dark Souls 1.   60+ hours and didn't come across a SINGLE whip (except that flame whip magic spell that I found like 2 bosses before the finale.)   >.>     I heard rumors whips can be obtained very early and easily in Dark Souls II (if you know where to look).   Ah when I start Sonia Belmont playthrough, I'll nickname that experience as: "Castlevania: Souls of Darkness"  :) 

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 03:52:25 PM »
There's a whip in Blighttown, I think. ;o

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2014, 07:13:59 PM »
There's a whip in Blighttown, I think. ;o
  I am not going back to that hell.   XD   Found some GREAT news.  Reports say that whips have a major buff in Dark Souls II and can be found very early.   Sounds like they could be a viable weapon for a full playthrough.   Also, I skimmed some character creation video and saw something that resemble Sonia's braid!!  Castlevania Resurrection REALLY wants at least a spiritual successor to that project.   http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/Images/Screens/resa.jpg        Now if Dark Souls II supports custom soundtracks on PS3 (like I think Battle of Z does), then it could be golden a reinvention that's better than a fanfic.  :D  Well even without Castlevania music it can still feel related. I normally planned on playing with music off anyway (really boosted the ambience in the first two Souls games).

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2014, 07:15:59 PM »
Let's write some Dark Souls fanfic 8)

Tags: