Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: DAY 2 - Sat Jan 30 @ 5 PM EST - Street Fighter V Beta 4 Livestream!  (Read 32406 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »
Cave Story is awesome!  I'd love for some kind of sequel/prequel.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 06:34:54 PM »
Did a test for capturing retro consoles. Worked out fairly well. Sadly I think my NES is dying though. It goes super glitch and crash after a few minutes of play. I have a top loader but it does NOT have the AV cables, so I need to find a way to convert that perhaps.

The video should be recorded on Twitch. I played Mario 64, Smash bros 64, Bomberman 64 1 and 2, and a few other things I think.

There is an input delay on the N64 with my TV so if it seems I'm running off cliffs for no reason thats why.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:37:09 PM by uzo »

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 02:36:01 PM »
Did a test for capturing retro consoles. Worked out fairly well. Sadly I think my NES is dying though. It goes super glitch and crash after a few minutes of play. I have a top loader but it does NOT have the AV cables, so I need to find a way to convert that perhaps.

The video should be recorded on Twitch. I played Mario 64, Smash bros 64, Bomberman 64 1 and 2, and a few other things I think.

There is an input delay on the N64 with my TV so if it seems I'm running off cliffs for no reason thats why.

Use an emulator. :P It's not illegal to use roms if you actually own the game and the systems (i don't think anyway).
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 12:11:47 AM »
Do you have access to an original NES machine? If so I'd also recommend using the game genie with it. That way you can bypass all the annoying issues with trying to get the game to start the first time. For some inexplicable reason the NES Game Genie seems to alleviate the problem more often the not.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 10:15:02 AM »
I do have an original NES. Two infact. Front and top loader styles. The problem is that the Front Loader system crashes after a few minutes of gameplay, with any game. The Top Loader only has RF output, which I do not have the ability to capture or convert at this time. Also the picture on the Top Loader model is not as good as the Front Loader. Has something to do with scanlines as I understand it.

I'll be picking up another front loader NES when I can, probably going to hit up some retro stores on black friday. Also getting other adaptors and accessories I'll need to get everything streaming right.

I do have a game genie, but I had modified the case to work on the Top Loader, and it will probably get stuck inside the Front Loader as a result now.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 01:14:03 AM »
Thanks for hanging out.

I guess we're doing Metal Gear Rising Revengeance on Tuesday since i have that off from work. Probably around 3pm, but I'll update that here.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 04:22:09 AM »
You're welcome ;D
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 10:19:52 AM »
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance this Saturday! Starts at 5pm EST. More platinum hype, and my first time playing it. It looks really stupid crazy and it's going to be awesome.

Also upcoming, we got a very special event planned for Megaman's birthday. It's another marathon with multiple games, multiple nights, and this time a guest on stream! We'll be doing it the weekend of Dec. 13th. I'll keep things updated if the date and time changes.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:30:06 AM by uzo »

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »
Ooh, I like the Megaman plan!

I stumbled upon a few videos on YouTube where a few people are racing through various titles in that series.  Seems like a fun idea, though I have no idea how it works.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2014, 12:14:17 PM »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2014, 12:32:05 PM »
Does Twitch streaming have commercials on the client end?
I usually stream using uStream (mostly because it's the one I got to work with my streaming setup for PC).

I don't have a capture card, otherwise I'd play LOTS of Wii and Wii-U games.
I do random streams (the last I did, which Lelygax checked out, was an Alucard run of Castlevania III).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »
Yeah, hau auu~
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 12:11:21 AM »
I'm bummed I missed this last one.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 02:56:49 AM »
Thanks everyone for hanging out. Next week is.... undetermined. I'll keep you all posted.

I'm bummed I missed this last one.
They're recorded by Twitch. I'll also be uploading them to a youtube channel when I'm not lazy.

Tags: