Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Moonlight Rhapsody (formerly Code C (Chinese Castlevania mobile))  (Read 30783 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Code C (a blatant Chinese knockoff of Castlevania for mobile)
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2020, 07:26:10 AM »
So, what exactly confirms that this is a copy and not a product by Konami at least in some degree?

Nothing, some people just automatically dismissed it as a knock-off just because it's from China. 

Offline Solo

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2020, 09:02:37 AM »
Nothing, some people just automatically dismissed it as a knock-off just because it's from China.

In that case as far as we know it should pretty much be a wip official game, i'm fine with that.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2020, 07:34:47 PM »
Does someone have something, anything to show Konami themselves acknowledging this game?

2+2 doesn't equal 5.

I wouldn't assume this game has anything to do with Castlevania until you hear it from the horses mouth.

My thoughts: this was probably a game being developed and pitched to Konami. Konami may have passed and now the developer is re-branding it.

There is nothing consistent with konami about how this game has been announced. And it would be foolish for them to let this come into the public and muddy the waters right as they are about to release grimoir of souls.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Solo

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2020, 03:58:15 AM »
Does someone have something, anything to show Konami themselves acknowledging this game?

As much as they have to say they DON'T. Judging the book by the cover, it must, it's literally GoS's engine, or you think some random company decided to do a game with the same feel, art style, gameplay and engine from scratch and "steal" Konami's property, smart move, Grimoire of Souls is being such a hit (/sarcasm).

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2020, 07:04:33 AM »
I'm unsure of it being the same engine. And yeah, given Konami's lack of mention about it, it cannot be said it's official. However, given their FABULOUS track record regarding the mobile CVs, it's hard to say it IS NOT either.

I kinda hope it is tho. Their Yoko looks fab

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2020, 09:17:57 AM »
As much as they have to say they DON'T. Judging the book by the cover, it must, it's literally GoS's engine, or you think some random company decided to do a game with the same feel, art style, gameplay and engine from scratch and "steal" Konami's property, smart move, Grimoire of Souls is being such a hit (/sarcasm).

As I said above, I think they probably developed this as a pitch to Konami, but that Konami may have passed on it. Which explains all of the above.

I would be happy to be wrong because it looks pretty cool.

However I don't think it's wise to get our hopes up without a single murmur of this from Konami.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:30:35 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2020, 06:32:10 AM »
Code C certainly sounds like a lame smokescreen title for a Castlevania game.  At the same time it is weird that there is absolutely no word from Konami.  But then again, I remember when Lords of Shadow was just some new IP that seemed to borrow heavily from Castlevania ideas.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline FlyingMudBlock

• Hunter in Training
  • Eternally flying around...
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2020, 02:20:26 AM »
+1
I ripped all the recent models from this game, i converted them to .fbx format for easy viewing.
But i kinda messed up with the NPC animations(i combined all of the animations on all characters by accident) so expect to see some funky stuff there.

Player:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d3aacxea5c2h7pk/Player.rar/file

NPC:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vfi1dm646gfu08i/Npc.rar/file

Weapon:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uk0d7hkwtgteb2f/Weapon.rar/file

Enemy:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k8tvnrdw7mfkshv/Enemy.rar/file

Boss:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w2jkc6ak614tyu2/Boss.rar/file

Enjoy.   

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2020, 07:06:25 PM »
wow! hey FlyingMudBlock could the same be done with GOS?

Offline FlyingMudBlock

• Hunter in Training
  • Eternally flying around...
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2020, 11:08:31 PM »
In theory, i could since it uses Unity just like this game.
Problem is, the models are not in either the .apk nor .obb files, they are streamed for what i know.
If somebody could copy the server files, i could give a shot at it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2020, 09:53:03 AM »

It already has. I was perusing the spriter's resource and saw some some GoS sheets being featured there. Not a whole lot right now mind you.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/mobile/castlevaniagrimoireofsouls/sheet/123382/
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2020, 10:13:15 PM »
hey thanks X and FlyingMudBlock, looking for I found this too

https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-36165.html

;)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2020, 09:11:17 AM »
Anything happening with this thing?  Now that GoS is dead I'm kind of desperate.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2020, 01:50:05 AM »
Officially confirmed this is going to be a Castlevania title:

Google translate:

"The Castlevania series of Shengqu games, which inherited KONAMI, announced the official appointment for the new mobile game "Moonnight Rhapsody". Today, Shengqu Games (headquarters: Shanghai, China, legal representative: Jie Fei) announced that it has entered into an agreement with the Japanese game company Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. (  The following KONAMI) has reached a cooperation to develop a new mobile game "Moonnight Rhapsody" that inherits the world view of its Castlevania (Japanese name: 悪魔城ドラキュラ) series for the Chinese market.  KONAMI is one of Japan's most influential game development companies. It has produced many well-known game products such as "Contra" and "Red Room". Among them, the Castlevania series has a 34-year history.  Shengqu Games is currently fully."

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags:

anything