Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: DARK SOULS! New Screens - CVesque :)  (Read 6651 times)

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« on: June 16, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 05:36:12 PM »
I hear this game is gonna be even tuffer than Demon's Souls....T_T

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: DARK SOULS! New Screens - CVesque :)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:33:15 PM »
Demons Souls isn't as hard as everyone puts it out to be. It is hard at FIRST, but then as you play you begin to memorize enemy patterns, trap placements and such. It reminded me of an old NES game in a way, I hope this game delivers on a similar premise. I do like the idea of it being open ended this time around, that means your never safe which could make for some chilling romps through it's eerie land.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 10:39:19 PM »
Yea, it's not as hard as people make it out to be... but I did get stuck and quit. Mainly because I forced pure black tendency and those stupid shadow guys that shoots laser always kill me in 2 hits.

I guess I could just farm those death guys further, but... I got bored of that.

Shouldn't this be in hardcore gaming?

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:56:44 PM »
Dark Souls, take me.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 11:59:50 PM »

Shouldn't this be in hardcore gaming?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 12:50:27 PM »
those stupid shadow guys that shoots laser always kill me in 2 hits.

Roll directly towards them and keep rolling. You'll make it.

Drop this thread to Castlevania Discussion where it belongs~

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 12:56:52 PM »
Perhaps to HG101, since it's technically not a CV topic.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 12:59:40 PM »
I was making a crack about Demon's/Dark Souls doing a far better job of upholding the quality and spirit of Castlevania than Castlevania itself these days.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 01:16:48 PM »
That's definitely true.  Other games are picking up the slack, these days.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 01:45:40 PM »
I was making a crack about Demon's/Dark Souls doing a far better job of upholding the quality and spirit of Castlevania than Castlevania itself these days.

YEs, or at least a mature depiction, without cinematic reference (Lord of the Rings) and marketing. I like that the Dark/Demon's Souls team doesn't give a SHIT!

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 09:41:43 PM »
Roll directly towards them and keep rolling. You'll make it.

Drop this thread to Castlevania Discussion where it belongs~

I sort of know how to beat them, but the game gets very hectic when you can get owned in two hits... I usually try to kill em and I end up falling or getting hit by someone else. I need to get better weapons against them but I keep missing those stinkin slugs, they run away too fast for me. I've only managed to kill like 3 .. maybe.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 06:17:04 PM »
God this game is looking amazing, and check out the shield design contest they did:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432949&page=15

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 04:36:50 PM »
Holy Fuck, this game is looking so good, so dark/CV.. this is what alot of you were hoping a 3D CV would be:
E3 2011: Dark Souls Interview (Xbox 360) - GameSpot Video

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Tags:

anything