Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Belmont Tree  (Read 36873 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2007, 11:44:08 PM »
Don't forget that the Fernandezes (AKA the Belnades) Are also related to the Belmonts, through Trevor's union with Sypha. Some of their children may have even kept the fernandez name as an attempt to protect them selves from the Cult of Chaos, who kept reviving Dracula.
I doubt that. I think the other Fernandez/Belnades descendants are not descended from Sypha, but other Belnades. Perhaps her brothers(to keep the surname alive THAT long). Yoko, Carrie, and Charlotte(who's Aulin clan branched out from the Belnades) are from THAT line. Sypha's descendants are Belmonts, or Belmont cousins. That would mean Charlotte Aulin isn't a descendant of Sypha(even though the Aulins are branched out of the Belnades clan), but Jonathan Morris IS descended from Sypha(since the Morris clan branched out of the Belmonts AFTER Trevor and before Christopher).

Quasar

Re: Belmont Tree
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2007, 10:25:52 PM »
It is possible that Sypha had children by another previous marriage before she met Trevor. If they had some reason to keep their mother's name rather than their father's, they could have been named Belnades/Fernandez and be able to claim direct descent from her. I've just always preferred that possibility for some reason :)

Steve

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2007, 12:23:31 AM »
It is possible that Sypha had children by another previous marriage before she met Trevor.

...Sypha was an apprentice monk in the Catholic Church before she met Trevor.

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2007, 03:14:05 AM »
In Reply To #78

Technically, she'd be a nun. The Catholic Church doesn't have female monks. I know. I used to be Catholic and did the whole religion thing. Though I'm not sure she had anything to do with the Catholic Church, since I've usually seen her mentioned as a wizard.

And don't get me started on Yoko being a "Witch in the service of the Catholic Church". Them Japanese are on crack when it comes to integrating western religions.

- John

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2007, 03:52:37 AM »

Well, It looks to me like they just got lazy and reused Dracula's speech in Richter's end for Maria as well. So, that might not actually be true that the Renards are related to the Belmonts.

Maria is related to the Belmonts because:

1. It says so in the Rondo manual.
2. Dracula says so at the end of the game.
3. Maria says so if and when she rescues Annette.

In what capacity she and the Renards are related to the Belmonts is never truely explored though. It could be a branch going back as far as Trevor as far as anyone knows. But the relation is there.

Besides that would be a little weird with Richter and Annette.

Not at all. Because Annette and Maria are not related by blood. That was a combination of fan invention and possibly some misdirection imposed by Dracula XX (once again, I hate that game). Too many fan sites have stated this. And its leading to some of you putting it in your family trees.

Technically Annette was never given a last name. She's not important enough to rate one. She serves as the Damsel in Distress, and a love interest for Richter so that the Belmont genes can be passed on. Nothing more.

Also, Simon obviously had to screw around with somebody, so Serena is a good enough place holder even though that game isn't canon.

- John

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2007, 06:29:02 AM »
In Reply To #79

Sypha was pretending to be a man though. ._.

Steve

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2007, 08:33:14 AM »
In Reply To #78

Technically, she'd be a nun. The Catholic Church doesn't have female monks. I know. I used to be Catholic and did the whole religion thing. Though I'm not sure she had anything to do with the Catholic Church, since I've usually seen her mentioned as a wizard.

She was definitely working for the Catholic Church.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2007, 06:30:01 PM »
Ok, but what about the cell phone game? Is there a way to get it without a cell phone?

nope well not right now at least, but no worries it's only 6 bucks.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2007, 06:34:14 AM »
She was definitely working for the Catholic Church.  It's stated in the story in the Japanese manual.

Actually, wasn't that the Eastern Orthodox Church?  They're not the same, y'know...

The Eastern Orthodox Church is mentioned again in Legacy of Darkness.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Steve

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2007, 07:48:46 AM »
Yeah, I went back and checked, and it is the Eastern Orthodox Church.  My mistake.

I guess it's easy to get confused when most of the games just refer to "the Church."

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2007, 07:58:09 AM »
I'm looking at the Japanese manual...

Yes. She's Eastern Orthodox. Not the same as Catholic. It also says that the EOC sought out Trevor and charged him with killing Dracula when they lost touch with Sypha.

- John

Steve

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2007, 08:45:53 AM »
Confusion also stems from the fact that it says the Pope is the one who requested the aid of Ralph and company.  Needless to say, the Pope is Catholic.

Quasar

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2007, 01:14:29 PM »
"Working for" the Church is not the same as having taken vows. That Sypha later marries Trevor IMO precludes the idea that she intended to serve as a nun. How many nuns have you met that carry staves and cast fire, ice, and lightning spells? What a waste of talent that would be ;D

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2007, 04:37:32 PM »
In Reply To #87

There's Eastern Orthodox Popes, but they serve a much more limited and less powerful function. Another possibility is that Dracula was such a threat that the Eastern Orthodox & Catholic Churches (Protestantism didn't exist yet) put aside their differences long enough to work together.

Anyways...here's a copy of the Drac III Japanese manual translated:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv3/documents/CV3J.txt

- John

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2007, 06:54:36 PM »
In Reply To #87

There's Eastern Orthodox Popes, but they serve a much more limited and less powerful function. Another possibility is that Dracula was such a threat that the Eastern Orthodox & Catholic Churches (Protestantism didn't exist yet) put aside their differences long enough to work together.

I tend to think this is what happened, Europe was in such trouble that the 2 churches came together to overcome a common evil. I think when it says the pope goes looking for Trevor/Ralph, it's referring to the catholic pope. I also think the catholic church sent out an army as well maybe after the Eastern Orthodoxes.

Anyways...here's a copy of the Drac III Japanese manual translated:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv3/documents/CV3J.txt

- John

Thank You, that's awesome I've never read the JP manual, just a translated version of the text in the intro. :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags: