Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Haunted Castle  (Read 70843 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #240 on: July 05, 2014, 06:25:53 PM »
+1
So, on a side note, I've worked out a bunch of boss movesets. Text lists and doodles together.

Medusa
(click to show/hide)
Sketches
(click to show/hide)

Bone Dragon King
(click to show/hide)
Sketches
(click to show/hide)

Skeleton Leader
(click to show/hide)
Sketches
(click to show/hide)

Dracula
(click to show/hide)
Sketches
(click to show/hide)

And I also finalized on a design for Dracula.

What Hellsing reference?
Also, ignore the Iron Throne look, poles were a bad idea. Removing.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: July 05, 2014, 06:37:28 PM »
Is skeleton leader going to be a replacement of stain glass armor? I like that idea cause the stain glass armor looks terrible.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: July 05, 2014, 07:09:21 PM »
No. Skeleton Leader will be riding BDK, and dismount after BDK is killed. Stain-Glass Knight is still present, but I've got a very nice design to replace that garish original one, courtesy of ACE_Spark.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2014, 08:30:13 PM »
Drac's sword wielding phase reminds me of the Final Guard.
Coincidentally I was planning to place a Final Guard right be fore the fight with Drac in my CV1 remake. :P
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2014, 12:55:19 PM »
So, on a side note, I've worked out a bunch of boss movesets. Text lists and doodles together.

Medusa
(click to show/hide)
Sketches
(click to show/hide)

Bone Dragon King
(click to show/hide)
Sketches
(click to show/hide)

Skeleton Leader
(click to show/hide)
Sketches
(click to show/hide)

Dracula
(click to show/hide)
Sketches
(click to show/hide)

And I also finalized on a design for Dracula.

What Hellsing reference?
Also, ignore the Iron Throne look, poles were a bad idea. Removing.

Yeah the poles totally remind me of Game of Thrones! lol

I am loving that you are including your concept process.

No Death battle?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 01:01:54 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: July 06, 2014, 09:44:15 PM »
I still have a few bosses left to conceptualize, you know.

And Death is going to be in, yes. He'll be replacing the Monster as the Clocktower boss.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2014, 11:11:24 PM »
And Death is going to be in, yes. He'll be replacing the Monster as the Clocktower boss.

Well he doesn't have to. Remember that Death wasn't in the clocktower in several CV titles; Haunted Castle (of course  ;D), CV III, CV II, the original castlevania, Castlevania X68000, you get the idea. It just seems to be his spot in more recent games, but I think you can put Death anywhere and it would still work.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2014, 12:38:14 AM »
Actually, I'd totally forgotten about an old idea I had regarding this, that I never posted for feedback.

Have the Stone Golem, half-destroyed, follow and attack you a second time in the Clocktower. Have him squish the Monster after you defeat him or something, kinda like Balore and the Darkwing Bat. It just always struck me as odd that a monstrosity like that went down so easy. And since he was chained up in the original Haunted Castle, I can easily justify him as being another being akin to the Forgotten One, so having him wreck the Castle up to kill you makes a little more sense.

And with that, have Death be a halfway boss of the Castle Keep, so as to have genuine reason to break that stage up from one long-ass bridge.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2014, 12:57:33 AM »
That sounds like a great idea,
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2014, 10:11:51 AM »
Actually, I'd totally forgotten about an old idea I had regarding this, that I never posted for feedback.

Have the Stone Golem, half-destroyed, follow and attack you a second time in the Clocktower. Have him squish the Monster after you defeat him or something, kinda like Balore and the Darkwing Bat. It just always struck me as odd that a monstrosity like that went down so easy. And since he was chained up in the original Haunted Castle, I can easily justify him as being another being akin to the Forgotten One, so having him wreck the Castle up to kill you makes a little more sense.

And with that, have Death be a halfway boss of the Castle Keep, so as to have genuine reason to break that stage up from one long-ass bridge.

Sounds like a keeper to me!
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2014, 09:38:58 AM »
Hey Drac, what are your plans for the Drac fight? Are you going to keep the giant metallic head in there?   Also, what happened to Variable: Zero?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2014, 09:12:10 PM »
Megaman burnout and a mystery bug happened. It's on indefinite hiatus.

Dracula will still have a big form. May or may not be a head. Not spoiling what I currently have in mind.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: July 20, 2014, 01:29:33 AM »
You could do it this way: Dracula still resembles his Arcade counterpart; first form; usual self, second form; Giant head. But for the grand finale he could have a secret third form. Secret in the fact that you won't tell us what it is till after we've beaten your game in order to find out :)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: July 20, 2014, 01:57:46 AM »
X, for the love of God, if you inadvertently spoil one more damn thing I have planned...

*sigh*

WELL TOO LATE NOW

He has three forms which you will fight regardless of what happens in the game.

However, the game will have two endings based on whether you successfully save Serena or not, and if you do, Drac will ambush you a final time as you and Serena flee the Castle. That form's gonna be ugly.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2014, 09:51:39 AM »
X, for the love of God, if you inadvertently spoil one more damn thing I have planned...

Can I use a 'Get out of Jail Free' card? I swear I have no idea what's going on over there or in your mind, lol! Besides knowing about a third form is one thing. Knowing what it's going to be like is totally another. I'm just throwing suggestions your way so don't shoot the messenger...please?..

Tags:

anything