Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Top Five Favorite Music Albums  (Read 14460 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: September 12, 2007, 11:47:23 AM »
Just wondering what y'all are into. :o What you think is the best, what's absolutely perfect to your ears.

1. Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
2. Skinny Puppy - Last Rights
3. Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park
4. David Bowie - Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)
5. Prick - Prick

If I were to only have one Skinny Puppy album, I'd replace TDP with Pet Shop Boys' Very.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Top Five Favorite Music Albums
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
1-The Black Mages I, by the Black Mages
2-Evanescence, Fallen
3-t.A.T.u. Dangerous and moving
4-Rozen Maiden Full Sound Box (with one of those chibi dolls O.o)
5-Castlevania Curse of Darkness OST

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:50:12 PM »
See the avatar for #1

2. Frank Klepacki's home cookin' pink in the middle album
3.CoD OST
4. Wild's Time album
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:59:42 PM by Mr Sven »
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:59:11 PM »
1.Heavenly-Coming From The Sky
2.Theatre of Tragedy-Musique
3.Dark Moor-Tarot
4.Armin Van Buuren-A State of Trance
5.PoR Sound Track
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 02:10:06 PM »
I don't really have a top 5, but I will state that my two favorite albums are Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd), and Master of Puppets (Metallica).
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Silenced Gamer

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 03:05:47 PM »
5. Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
4. Out of the Blue - ELO
3. Anthology 1, 2, 3 - The Beatles
2. Fallen - Evanescence

Abbey Road - The Beatles

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 04:36:15 PM »
I cannot choose only five albums. I

Killerwhip

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 05:04:16 PM »
In Reply To #1

1.) Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
2.) Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace
3.) Chevelle - This Type of Thinking Could Do Us In
4.) Chevelle - Point #1
5.) Staind - Break the Cycle

My #1 favorite song is Free Me, by the Foo Fighters.  Just thought I'd add that.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 10:12:33 PM »
I like to do this little rant every now and then:

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 10:26:58 PM »
In no particular order (and subject to change at any time):

Pinkerton - Weezer
Permission to Land - The Darkness
Ace of Spades - Mot

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 10:37:53 PM »
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

: (

Aw, darn you beat me too it for my numero uno!

1. NIN - The Downward Spiral

2. Radiohead - Ok Computer

3. Beck - Odelay

4. From Autumn to Ashes - A Fiction We Live

5. Reggie and The Full Effect - Songs Not To Get Married To

Radiohead and Beck have been my unknown musical gods for sometime, I've listened to their stuff for so long, but nothing really clicked... I wish I embraced music when I was much younger (Luckly I have brothers who've had good tastes, it helps.) : )

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 03:25:31 AM »
5. Hail to the Thief - Radiohead

While I really like Kid A and Amnesiac, I am glad that Radiohead decided to go a bit more(if only a bit) traditional with Hail to the Thief. There is a lot of variety in this album, starting off with the blasting 2+ 2 = 5 through to the beautiful,beautiful There There and Sail to the Moon.
Unfortunately, it suffers the worst from the pretentiousness that's been present in every post The Bends album. Ridiculously subtitled songs and the continuous yapping about climate change(just about on every track)can be quite irritating.

4. The Doors - The Doors

This album was a huge influence on Rock and Roll and its not hard to see why. It features everything from the energetically charged Break On Through to the surreal, chaotic "The End".

3. Sgt Pepper's

This album broke all kinds of ground when it was first released, but unfortunately having not been around then I cannot comment on that...
What I will say is that just about every track in the album is a winner. A Day in the Life, in particular, is a fantastic climax.

2. Me Against the World

Back when I was 16 I used to listen to nothing but 2pac. While since then I have embraced different styles of music,  'Pac's stuff still holds a place in my heart. And none more than this masterpiece.

There's something very real about this album, the way each track contrasts with the preceding one. The hope and faith in songs like Young Niggaz and Me Against the World are almost a response to the desperation and paranoia of If I Die Tonight and Death Around the Corner. A lot of people dismiss 2pac as just another braindead hip-hop drone, but if they put their prejudices aside they would discover that few could convey human emotions into music as well as Tupac did.

1. OK Computer

It's quite a credit to the other songs that despite the inclusion of the oh so pretentious "Fitter, Happier" the album still manages to be so awesome.

The sounds on each song differ so much, yet they all compliment each other so bloody brilliantly. Airbag and Paranoid Android are genre defining tracks, I can't even begin to describe them. It's hard to believe that Exit Music was originally made for a movie. And The Tourist is personally my favourite closing song.

If you haven't listened to OK Computer yet you are missing out on the best album EVAR.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 03:27:30 AM by ringo »

Juno106

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 06:22:34 AM »
I can't make a toplist either. I'll mention just a few artists I like past/current that spring to mind.

- Severed Heads 
(never been fond of the mindfuck side, but Ellard's pop sensibility was the tits. What can I say, I'm a Sev head)

- Absolute Body Control
(belgian favorites alongside Front 242. obviously different than later Klinik but I still like the old stuff better)

- Doris Norton
(chick played keyboards in occult italian prog band Jacula before releasing cerebral electro in the early 80s)

- Heldon
(Primitive electronics. The very definition of cybernetics. I'm not surprised to still listen to it from time to time.

- Clock DVA (Buried Dreams)
(Had only been exposed to their early career for years. Finally heard this album some weeks ago. Jeffrey Dahmer was supposedly listening to this record when police arrested him. Fittingly, it's dark in sound and production, but not unlike anything that had been done by 1989)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 01:18:16 PM »
+1
I don't really have a top 5, but I will state that my two favorite albums are Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd
:)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 03:51:59 PM »
1. Days of the New - Green

hell fuckin yes! Thats my number one as well. Theres not one thing not ONE thing Id change about this entire album. Ive listened to this cd so many times in so many places Ive had to buy it 3 times and make countless burns.

A lot of things can be said about him and how he treated his bandmates that went on to form Tantric but this was either his 1st or 2nd album solo and it speaks volumes.

I can quite literally put it on repeat and listen to it all day long and never tire of it.

That said my top 5 are:
1. Days of The New - Green Album
2. Crash - Dave Matthews Band
3. Under The Table and Dreaming - Dave Matthews Band
4. John Mayer - Room for Squares
5. tie for Legend of Zelda OOT original soundtrack and Mary Poppins soundtrack.

Tags: