Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone play Tales of Symphonia?  (Read 7683 times)

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Anyone play Tales of Symphonia?
« on: June 15, 2008, 04:49:10 AM »
Tales of Symphonia for GCN is an awesome game with a great storyline, amazing cut-scene graphics, and an awesome unique battle system. Anyone played it?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 07:46:20 AM »
In Reply To #1

I've played it and finish it.
I kept wanting to pick up more GRADE so that I can purchase stuff after the ending for the NewGame+ Feature.

I was going after the Experience Multiplier and other thingies.  Fun stuff.

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Anyone play Tales of Symphonia?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 08:35:17 AM »
I've beaten it 3 times and collected a massive amount of GRADE. I beat the game in all 3 difficulty settings, finished all the side quests, unlocked all the costumes, and got all my characters between the levels of 80 and 100. Yeah, I have no life.  ;D

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 03:01:30 PM »
I've beat it. I love that game. Im actually playing it with my little sisters right now. (Boss battles....often require multiple attempts)
I need to get the Zelos ending thingy this time. and finish the collector's book so that old guy can suck it.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Killerwhip

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 12:43:07 AM »
In Reply To #1

The game's awesome.  I've beaten it eight or so times, and have gotten all the endings except Zelos'.  I can't wait for Dawn of the New World.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 06:50:38 AM »
I love that game. I think the storyline is the best part of the game. It has so many plot twists, but then everything ties together so perfectly in the end. That game was incredible. It made me cry so many times, like when you're in Derris Kharlan and everyone "dies", and when Corrine is killed by Volt. That game is amazing.

Nintendo better do an excellent job on Dawn of the New World because if it's bad, I'll go on a wild killing spree and slaughter everyone in the entire world! >:(

Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme...

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 07:04:54 AM »
I love that game. I think the storyline is the best part of the game. It has so many plot twists, but then everything ties together so perfectly in the end. That game was incredible.

Thats funny you say that. A lot of people i talk to who have played the game didn't like it because the story was too cliche. I didn't think so...most the the cliche's where broken by the plot twists. (at least that's my take on it...I've only played it through once but i played it to near completion.)

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 03:15:07 PM »
The game was great. The story was okay, but it wasn't as bad as many people make it out to be, nor was it cliche.

Looking forward to it's sequel.

*SPOILERS*
Since when was a legendary figure turned into a villain considered a cliche? I can barely name a few games that recycle that plot point.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 04:32:56 PM »
In Reply To #8

Baten Kaitos had a more epic plot twist but it isn't as sad as that one.

I want the Tales game on psp so I can play some of the characters wherever I go. Too bad Sheena isn't in it.

I just beat it again yesterday. I need to beat it 8 more times to get all the ultimate Ex. gems.
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 11:48:35 AM »
Tales of Symphonia Dwn of a New World better be good. I don't want Tales of Symphonia given a bad name by a bad sequel.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »
New graphics have jaggies but makes it look more real. Sheena...

Im worried about the map and controls though. I've lost faith in the wii/wiimote. And I saw screenshots that look like the world map but it seems to be linear so the enemies would be random encounters. I hope not. (map looks like fft meets super mario world)

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »
Yes, I certainly hope they don't mess up the controls with the wiimote, which I have hated how they've used it so far!

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 05:20:14 PM »
Just read: "The development team has admitted they left Overworld out due to production schedule deadlines." Map screen is really lame. Quick jump everywhere without seeing it. Makes it feel like you aren't in the game.

SOAB!@!#@!#@!

Saw some battle vids though and it didn't seem bad. Also seems like you can run around all over the place during a fight not just towards or away from a locked-on enemy. I wonder if there will be anime scenes actually in the game this time.

Anyone know if they got the same US voice actors? I'll be dissapointed if they aren't the same. (even though I didn't really like colette's voice.)I hope they pay them to voice the skits too. When I found out they did it in japanese in the last game I felt let down. I would have loved to hear Presea do the Gnomlette skit.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 05:31:01 PM »
Haha, yes, and I hope they have unlockable alternate costumes like in the first one. If I can't humiliate Genis by dressing him up in a cat suit, I'm not playing!

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 05:33:15 PM »
I hope you keep your alternate costumes if you have your memory card in. I also hope there is a ton of replay value and sidequests.

So those katz....they're not human or feline. Same with the penguiner and penguinists? Wierd

Tags:

anything