Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dr Wily returns... Hell freezes over... Megaman 9...  (Read 39080 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Dr Wily returns... Hell freezes over... Megaman 9...
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2008, 05:15:38 PM »
Must.... get.... this game....

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2008, 06:47:40 PM »
I find that Jewel Man's weapon is more useful than GalaxyMan's, only 'cuz there are so many annoying enemies hanging out juuuuust off-screen right by important jumps.

The thing reminds me of one of those "I wanna be the guy" stages, at times.  Seriously, at times it seems that they've purposefully put it so that you'd have to memorize the game completely in order to do even marginally well.

And the achievements sound so wrong "Finish the game without getting hit" LOLOL

Maybe in 7 years when I'm finally awesome at the game.

Anyway, two more Robot Masters to go...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2008, 07:21:50 PM »
I find that Jewel Man's weapon is more useful than GalaxyMan's, only 'cuz there are so many annoying enemies hanging out juuuuust off-screen right by important jumps.

Thats true...i got Jewel Man's weapon late so i didn't get a chance to use it like that. Even so...Black Hole Bomb is just too awesome.
For those who haven't played yet...just you wait.

Im at the wily stages now...im stopping for the day so i can savor the 10 bucks i spent on it. Anyway..concrete man was lame. It was like guts man but with projectiles...eh at least every one else makes up for it...even Galaxy Man.

After playing all the stages i have this to say...

Best Stage: Tornado Man: -Had me on the edge of my seat the whole way.

Best Music: Splash Woman...Second Place: Tornado Man...Third Place...the Stage Select screen.

Coolest Boss: Splash Woman...i thought it was done very well...although Tornado Man gets a mention because the fight is fun with the Mega Buster as well as Galaxy Man because he looks cool.

Also Ive heard rumors of harder difficulties as DLC for a bout 200-300 bucks as well as a new time trial level with a new boss.

Noteable Challenge compleated: Speed Metal: get to boss room without stopping.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »
I loved how I died in later levels. Once you think everything is alright, something comes out and carries you to your death. I also liked the room with 3 lives in it.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2008, 01:26:44 PM »
Ah, the little details in life. So I was playing Magma Man's stage and got really close to one of those lava death rays, and noticed some flying orange pixels near Mega Man's boots, like they were getting singed.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2008, 02:48:11 PM »
Thats true...i got Jewel Man's weapon late so i didn't get a chance to use it like that. Even so...Black Hole Bomb is just too awesome.
For those who haven't played yet...just you wait.

Im at the wily stages now...im stopping for the day so i can savor the 10 bucks i spent on it. Anyway..concrete man was lame. It was like guts man but with projectiles...eh at least every one else makes up for it...even Galaxy Man.

After playing all the stages i have this to say...

Best Stage: Tornado Man: -Had me on the edge of my seat the whole way.

Best Music: Splash Woman...Second Place: Tornado Man...Third Place...the Stage Select screen.

Coolest Boss: Splash Woman...i thought it was done very well...although Tornado Man gets a mention because the fight is fun with the Mega Buster as well as Galaxy Man because he looks cool.

Also Ive heard rumors of harder difficulties as DLC for a bout 200-300 bucks as well as a new time trial level with a new boss.

Noteable Challenge compleated: Speed Metal: get to boss room without stopping.

Yeah, there will be difficulty modes. You can look at a list of downloadable content on the manual of the game. Also, Proto Man dlc is coming out October 6.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2008, 03:22:46 PM »
Downloadable content, eh? If only Nintendo's storage capacity weren't so tiny. I've only got like 50 blocks left. No way I'll be able to free room for Ys anytime soon...
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2008, 05:36:02 PM »
Ah, the little details in life. So I was playing Magma Man's stage and got really close to one of those lava death rays, and noticed some flying orange pixels near Mega Man's boots, like they were getting singed.

Yeah i saw that as well...pretty interesting.

Also, the Wily stages are awesome...i love how they make you use your special weapons.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2008, 12:58:43 PM »
In Reply To #98

Yeah.  Using Concrete to freeze the Killer Beams... would've been nice to be able to do that in QuickMan stage back in part 2 (without killing your entire TimeStopper ability).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2008, 05:20:48 AM »
Well i beat the game and i can't wait till the DLC drops...im dieing to play more. Although i feel i cheated to beat the game. I had to buy 9 E-tanks just for the final boss. (not that i used them all) I had went though the whole game with out using them until then....i just couldn't beat him with out it.

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2008, 08:33:38 PM »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/913/913727p1.html

Proto Man footage. I can't wait to play as him.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »
Whoever said Concrete Man is just like Guts Man obviously has never played either of these games.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2008, 08:03:56 AM »
In Reply To #83

That person sounds like a foaming at the mouth Wiitard. "XBL Achievements aren't worth your time" and "felt like rushed ports"

Tags: