Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Schneider  (Read 10054 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 10:49:34 AM »
In Reply To #12
Thank god IGA does do that.  He cares about the series so he tries hard to keep things from conflicting.  They have always done that, accept for Legends and CoTM.  Thus they had to be cut.  I have always stated that I do not understand why IGA cut the 64 games...  My only guess is that they are to close to Bram Stoker's novel.

Reignhart is awesome, I like juste to.  But the 64 games had much more storyline than almost all of the IGA games.  There was actual character development and great side plots going on through out the games.  The 64 games IMO were some of the most enjoyable games in the series.  Jonathen was ok... his character was lacking but I LOVE the whole Belmont/Morris storyline they added with him.  Explaining how it works for a cousin family actually added something to the series as a whole rather than just the game itself.  Something not done since LoI.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 10:59:07 AM »
Well there's the thing where cv64 contradicts not only sotn and rondo, but also lod when drac says his "after 100 years i'm back" unless the lod Dracula was supposed to be the servant in disguise too, something which many people try to prove to be wrong.

I don't really think it was a mistranslation either. In the japanese cv64 where Dracula's servant has his lines voiced in english what he says is similar or maybe even the same. Gotta compare it later, but i think the whole "pitiful worm, upstart weakling" was in both japanese voices and usa text versions.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 11:04:13 AM by Serio »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »
In Reply To #17
Still... something as little as saying "After 100 years I'm back." Is hardly enough to warrant having the games pulled.

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 12:52:26 PM »
Yeah, I guess one of the reasons was that it was stepping on the whole "Belmonts gave the whip to the Morrises for a while" thing Iga came up with, and since bloodlines was made before he joined the team and cv64 after the choice on which to kick out and which to keep was obvious.

Not that it's impossible to tie both of them, but seeing how many opportunities are missed in Iga's scripts and how poor they generally are it's no wonder he didn't think of that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:54:23 PM by Serio »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 06:41:45 PM »
In Reply To #19
I severely doubt IGA already had the Morris hand off thing in his head when he cut the 64 games.

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
Re: Schneider
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 08:03:53 PM »
In Reply To #20

I do and don't agree with you at the same time. As far as I'm concerned, I don't think that he truly had it extremely set in his mind, but also, on the other hand, he didn't give the official guillotine on Legends and the N64 games until the release of the timeline for the Portrait of Ruin game which came in the preorder special, therefore connecting it to his own creation. Not only, but it was evident through those actions that he himself had plans for a discontinuation of the Belmont's wielding of the Vampire Killer.

Or so I think. ^^' Sorry if I said anything that might be stupid, I might have mistaken...

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Schneider
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 08:12:24 PM »
In Reply To #21

I think it was when HoD was released that he axed Legends and the 64 games, if I'm not mistaken.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 08:27:56 PM »
If what IGA said was true, and the N64 games were originally created with the intent of "being it's own world" and not fitting into the contiuity, then that alone could explain and justify it's place outside of the timeline. If the ORIGINAL creators(not IGA) WANTED the game to be it's own thing and not connect to ANY other of the games in the timeline, I don't see any wrong with going with what the original creators wanted for the game. If that's the case, then putting it INTO the timeline WOULD, in theory, be just as bad as IGA taking out Sonia, wouldn't it?

Tags: