Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Judgment: The Gameplay Thread  (Read 7984 times)

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania Judgment: The Gameplay Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 01:44:37 PM »
I would never use ANYONE besides Duo Lon in KOF 2003.

Are you kidding me? Use Kyo, he is the best in any KoF game, his moves are so easy to pull off. Even Shen from Duo Lon's team, you can combo off of any of his moves.

Anyways, I played Judgment for the first time today online. Yes, everyone did pick Aeon, and I beat them all with Trevor. They did moves I didn't know he had, but I won in the end =P.
Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 05:54:45 PM »
In Reply To #16

Probably his Clock things, like the Extension, the Clock Hands, the Toki No Tomare, and the Time Beam thing.

It depends what color his clock device is glowing.

If they TimeStop you and then do the Requiem of the Thirteenth Hour (his Super), it's annoying.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »
Yeah pretty much Jorge, what I don't understand is why they didn't have a large move set for everyone else other than just Aeon. The online play is a spam fest, luckily a found someone who actually picked everyone other than me. We quickly became rivals. Cool guy I thought.

Offline Iori E

• Stupid Disciple
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 12:29:58 AM »
Are you kidding me? Use Kyo, he is the best in any KoF game, his moves are so easy to pull off. Even Shen from Duo Lon's team, you can combo off of any of his moves.

Just curious, have you ever played KOF 2003 in high-level competition?
In the KOF '03 tournament at SBO, everyone had Duo Lon in their team.  And IIRC, no one used Kyo or Shen Woo.

Anyway, I think the number of moves each character has is just fine.  Each character has something for most situations, and that's what's important.
The number of special moves a character has does not determine his usefulness.  Ken is top-tier in SFIII: 3rd Strike, despite having only 3 special moves. (Some characters in that game have 6 or more.)

Omegasigma: Was it my Golem you fought against? I may have used certain moves repeatedly, but I'll say right now that spamming with Golem will only get one killed.
Golem is more about strategy and outsmarting the opponent than mindlessly using the same attack over and over again.

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »
Yes Iori I've played in plenty of tourneys, are the high level? Probably not, but regardless my main team usually consists of K-Dash which is probably my favorite KoF character since 99 when he started, some random characters im good with as second and probably Kyo or Kim in the third slot. I don't follow tiers because its such a lame way to play fighting games, not only that,to people that do follow that crap it makes all the other characters useless in the game. But hey, that is just my opinion. Im not trying to start a flame war here. Anyways, back on topic for good now.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 03:42:17 PM »
In Reply To #20

A CV online buddy of mine wh00ped my ass yesterday (I only won the first match, the progressively got worse).  The lag seemed to get worse with each match, but I admit I was also not that good either.

:(

Still, it's a great game.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: