Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula is Pathetic **spoilers**  (Read 42083 times)

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2009, 02:02:13 PM »
One Simon is wearing metal wrist guards, which are armor designed to protect the forearms from attack.  The other Simon is wearing long fingerless black leather gloves that extend up the forearm and end in an oversized cuff.  These are obviously designed to... umm... look fabulous..?   :-\

I will say that the tiara that Conan-Simon is wearing does look a little silly.  I'm just glad she left that out when adapting the look for Chronicles.  If you were to put a tiara on the head of Chronicles-Simon, he really would look like he's auditioning for the Village People.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »
I don't understand how people could possibly misstake Chronicles Simon for a girl. It's not the face or hair that defines the gender - it's the body. Does his body look femenine? Not really. He's broadbacked and pretty hunky. Only a blind moron would misstake him for a girl.

Guess you've never seen women like this before. Women can have muscles too man. Not all of them look like this. You need to get out more man. I don't know why people think only men can be muscularly fit. Anybody can have toned muscles, and some women like men are born with alot of strength. Not all women look like the hollywood stereotype, in fact only 9% to be exact.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Dracula is Pathetic **spoilers**
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2009, 03:42:25 PM »
Guess you've never seen women like this before. Women can have muscles too man. Not all of them look like this. You need to get out more man. I don't know why people think only men can be muscularly fit. Anybody can have toned muscles, and some women like men are born with alot of strength. Not all women look like the hollywood stereotype, in fact only 9% to be exact.

Haha, I never said all women are basically skeletons with skin. I never said women can't have muscles. I'm just saying women with the same ammounts of muscles as Chronicles Simon has is... very unusual.. don't you think? thus making Chronicles Simon look like a man - not a girl.

I'm not sure what planet you're from, but if I were to ''get out more'' as you're suggesting I should, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see women like that, walking down the streets.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2009, 03:54:49 PM »
Haha, I never said all women are basically skeletons with skin. I never said women can't have muscles. I'm just saying women with the same ammounts of muscles as Chronicles Simon has is... very unusual.. don't you think? thus making Chronicles Simon look like a man - not a girl.

I'm not sure what planet you're from, but if I were to ''get out more'' as you're suggesting I should, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see women like that, walking down the streets.

never said that, just emphasizing that only a small percentage look like what hollywood thinks they should and that percentage skyrockets downward as you increase the age factor.

I'm just saying women with the same ammounts of muscles as Chronicles Simon has is... very unusual.. don't you think? thus making Chronicles Simon look like a man

And the belmonts would be unusual, they're trained from birth to kill supernatural beings with crazy strength. You couldn't be a stick or you wouldn't last 5 minutes. If you rely on your own physical strength like belmonts do you have to be able to match them blow for blow.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:08:24 PM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2009, 04:09:35 PM »
never said that, just emphasizing that only a small percentage look like what hollywood thinks they should and that percentage skyrockets downward as you increase the age factor.

I wasn't trying to insult you or anything with the planet thing :P All I meant is that a woman as hunky and Chronicles Simon would be so rare, so you'd make the assumption it's a man, not a girl. At least I would.

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2009, 05:04:44 PM »
http://castlevania.armster.org/artbook/artbook09.jpg

http://castlevania.armster.org/artbook/artbook10.jpg

There's no way someone could think Simon was a woman at first sight unless some very strange standards were involved. It's also silly to bring all of these things up. Has there been a single bulky woman like that in a video game or even an anime?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2009, 05:34:18 PM »
Has there been a single bulky woman like that in a video game or even an anime?

yeah it's real and from a game. :o

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2009, 05:36:03 PM »
In Reply To #112

It's still ridiculous and pathetically desperate to bring something like that into this kind of arguement.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »
i just posted that to prove you that there are bulky he-man type girls in video games. :o

i'm sure animu has some like that too, but then again i don't watch it that much anymore.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2009, 07:58:34 PM »
Operation by Milton Bradley doesn't count as a medical degree, Last Belmont.

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2009, 08:17:22 PM »
In Reply To #115

I don't see what that has to do with anything...
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2009, 08:35:55 PM »
In Reply To #116

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2009, 08:56:03 PM »
In Reply To #117

I've been paying enough attention to know that nothing TLB has said would need a medical degree for credibility.
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2009, 09:10:53 PM »
In Reply To #118

Offline gravekeeper