Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Retro Game Challenge" for the DS  (Read 3497 times)

Retro2DGamer

"Retro Game Challenge" for the DS
« on: February 20, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »
Basically a collection of NES-style games (with fairly obvious influences) that you can either play normally or complete specific challenges in. It received handheld game of the month in the new Game Informer. Pretty fun stuff. Here are some of the games in it...

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 10:52:24 PM »
I've had my eye on this since reading about it in a magazine last weekend.  I haven't seen it in any stores yet though, seems like a really low-budget release.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:54:38 AM »
Ive got it. Its pretty neat. It really is very old school feeling they did a good job. Im only on Haggleman (2nd game) but I dont really like the game so Im findin it hard to care enough to beat the challenges to get to the next game. I really wanna check out the rpg thats in it tho

Retro2DGamer

Re: "Retro Game Challenge" for the DS
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
If you're on the second Haggleman game, the RPG is the very next one that opens up -- and it's a very fun RPG. The third Haggleman game is about ten times better than the first two; very much like a Ninja Gaiden game.

johnnoz

Re: "Retro Game Challenge" for the DS
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 05:53:22 PM »
aah i love this game.
except i haven't bothered to grind on the RPG, seems to be the problem with this sort of game; players will eventually get to one they dislike, causing them to be stuck.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 11:32:45 AM »
In Reply To #5

Wow way to necro bump. Anyway I agree I got stuck on Haggleman and never played it since. Forgot it even existed til you bumped this

Tags:

anything