Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What ever happened to Grant?  (Read 5248 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: October 20, 2007, 09:37:45 PM »
So what ever happens to Grant? Trevor and Sypha get together, Alucard goes back to sleep for a few hundred years. What about Grant?

I like to think that Hammer is the descendant of Grant, just cause Aria and Dawn have the other relations of CV3.

Anyone have any ideas?
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
Re: What ever happened to Grant?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 09:42:27 PM »
In Reply To #1

Grant, at the time of CoD, was helping rebuild the Wallachian towns and whatever else might be. I think he just got back to a normal life.

As far as where I heard that, I think it was Koji's statement when asked regarding the other assistants that didn't appear in CoD alongside Trevor. Someone else on here ought to know the actual link/interview it was from.

I like your Hammer idea. I would like to think Maxim Kischire was a descendant of Grant Dinasty.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 01:37:32 AM »
I honestly don't like that idea. I'm all for introducing new families to the story instead of rehashing the same families over and over. The only needed factors are the Belmonts.

That said, if we follow the real world history the Danesti family where Grant's from was related to the Draculesti, where Drac and Al are from. Plot twist. :o

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »
There was a character named Grant.

He died, he died.

IGA said he's helping to rebuild the town.

He lied, he lied.

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 12:57:16 PM »
In Reply To #4

:D ;D That's catchy!

And I like Serio's idea: Let us follow the historical plot.

Steve

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 01:01:46 PM »
The plot of the series would be completely unrecognizable if it had followed history.  And making anyone related to Dracula as a plot twist seems incontravertibly lame to me, whether it be the Belmondos or the Danestis.

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 01:06:20 PM »
In Reply To #6

No one said the historical aspect needs to be strictly followed, but perhaps be borrowed from.

And overall, it's all a matter of opinion.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 05:50:44 PM »
In Reply To #2

What do you mean his idea? I've heard that in MANY other places. I think was actually true....
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 08:41:33 PM »
In Reply To #8

Any support for that? I can't recall hearing that (then again, I'm forgetful on certain aspects of the story...).

Still, I'd like some official info stating that if you can find it please.   ;D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 09:26:28 PM »
Off topic, but I wonder if the CVIII animated flick will somehow address CoD, with introducing (or alluding to) Hector, etc.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 09:30:15 PM »
It was an interview. I remember that well. The person conducting the interview asked about the CV3 characters and if they'd appear in CoD(it WAS an interview conducted during the CoD dev period). IGA stated that Sypha is home(rearing Trevor's child, or "holding up the house"). Alucard is asleep. And yes, as Marto stated, Grant was said to be helping with the reconstruction of the ruined countryside.

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 03:38:59 AM »
In Reply To #10 and #11

I hope that they do mention Isaac and Hector. That would actually make it a bit more indepth.

...Even though, so far we have...goat f**king... O.o'

And DragonKnight thanks for stating where it was from.

Now I might be able to track it down.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 12:24:08 PM »
In Reply To #9

Sorry, but I have no idea where I found it, and I could never find it again, but I know I saw it on a trustable sight.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 12:32:53 PM »
It's a hard, well, more boring task to recall interviews by searching the sites over just to make a point. Sometimes they'll have the interviews at IGN, sometimes 1up.com, sometimes Gamespot, or the interviews might be from Nintendo Power, EGM or Play magazine. On rare occassions, it might be from a translated Japanese magazine(Famitsu, Dorimaga or Jump). But yeah, sometimes I'd rather say, "Well, if you don't wanna believe, don't believe", which is more easier than searching the world over just trying to make a point.

Tags:

anything