Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone Have DXC yet?  (Read 37672 times)

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
Re: Anyone Have DXC yet?
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2007, 03:52:49 PM »
In Reply To #75

That's in the PlayStation version? Damn, I need to play through that game again.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2007, 06:55:50 PM »
I'm listening to the SotN credits song, and I have to say it's pretty excellent. Almost reminds me of Condemned Tower from DoS. It's eons upon eons better than 'I Am the Wind.'
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 07:16:09 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2007, 07:59:26 PM »
i thought "I am the wind" was good, but it didnt fit with the game at all unless one of the major themes in SOTN is about Maria helping Alucard to discover an emotion called "love" LOL

As for the new credit song, I agree.  It fits and sounds excellent.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »
In Reply To #74

Death: So you've made it this far. In the name of your father, cease this foolishness!

Alucard: Not while there is a breath in my body.

Death: Then for the master I'll feast on your soul this night.

Huh.  Well, okay then.  I guess I completely forgot about that.  But still, there should be a little more than just that between them.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2007, 11:01:15 PM »
I'm trying to beat the Boss Rush modes in order to get the remaining soundtracks and also finally unlock the "third" game which is supposedly "Akoumajou Dracula Peke"
The little game which appeared in the original Rondo when you inserted the wrong system card.
At least it's what Gamefaqs says.
 :-\
Also...just a random thought, isn't Dracula supposed to look more similiar to HoD Drac? After all, Rondo of Blood takes place after Juste's fight. Again, just a random thought.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2007, 11:28:13 PM »
Sadly i'll ahve the game today if all goes well sicne the stores here have it but won;t sell it to me, "sorry but you'll ahve to wait till halloween to fight dracula"

quote the angry video game nerd: "ASSS"
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Side_ScrollR

• Pro
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2007, 01:29:58 AM »
I would love to get it... but im not willing to pay that much money for a psp to play 1 game cause nothing else interest me on psp... but i would LOOOOOVE to play it.
- Side_Scroll'R -

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2007, 06:08:53 PM »
Yay. :o
After having beaten Boss Rush Normal 3 times, I've finally unlocked the THIRD and FINAL ORIGINAL game!
Akumajaou Dracula Peke or whatever:

Yay.
Leapin' Lizards!

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »
im having trouble beating dracula peke can someone help me its too long and hard...i mean, how do i swung whip
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 06:59:49 PM by Jago »

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2007, 06:26:10 PM »
FINALLY got the game. Everthing about it is amazing. The amount of hidden stuff in a level based game is unbelievable. Such a great remake. The cutscenes intermixed in the gameplay are just icing on the cake. 100% presentation.

I actually like playing SOTN on the PSP over the PSP, 360 and Saturn. It controls so sweet. I can pull off the spells with surprising ease. Even the soul steal. I don't know why people have so much problems with the PSP's d-pad. And yup, I have the 1000 model, not the slim. No problem.

And as a ranter about keeping the originals as they should be, I feel they did good with the original Rondo. Some things changed, mostly voices, but it seems more of an actual port than an emulation.

I can't get enough of this game. I've played it for 8 hours so far, and will probably be playing it throughout all day tomorrow. :P

My new favorite Castlevania game.
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2007, 06:56:02 PM »
Indeedn it is great, the only thing i hate about itand i've mentioned it enough after this i think is the mist transformation.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »
In Reply To #85
The PSP's D-Pad is horrible!
I have a SHITLOAD of trouble trying to perform the Hellfire spell! LIKE JEEZ LOUISE!
But the game(s) is(are) sweet!
And Galamoth is still killing me.
Sucks monkey-fuck.

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2007, 08:51:30 PM »
I dunno. Guess for some reason the d-pad works better for me than everyone else. Either my PSP is working better than all others by pure fluke, or I somehow use the d-pad differently. I don't even have to press hard to get the diagonals, which I hear a lot of people have to do. Maybe I wore the PSP in playing too much Gradius. :P

Either way, I'm totally enjoying the game. ;)
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2007, 11:08:32 AM »
Yeah, I have no trouble with the d-pad either. I guess you can't please everybody  ::)

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2007, 01:38:27 PM »
A few things on the original Rondo that I noticed. Though it seems like it's a port over an emulation IMHO, there's some flaws.

-Some backgrounds noticably (but slightly) darken when they're scrolling. Since I tend to blaze through Castlevania games all the time, I find it barely noticable.

-Besides the rescue cutscenes, the cutscenes' sound are  slightly out of sync. Why? Not an emulation problem, but a PSP loading problem. The video starts, then you hear the UMD spin up. Makes the cutscenes off by about a second. But hey, the emulated versions we've been playing for years aren't much better. You can also notice about half a second of silence before each level (even in the remake and SOTN), before the music starts. Nothing big.

Other than that, I absolutely love what they did with the original Rondo. The voices and new sounds are great. Just don't know why they replaced the voices in the opening cutscene. It's german either way. Copyright issues perhaps?

Tags:

anything