Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Little bit o news about Castlevania LOS sequel! (Spoilers here)  (Read 45912 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Little bit o news about Castlevania LOS sequel!
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2010, 04:12:36 PM »
Hay I see da Forum on da back! xD
Also, Flannel Hat!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2010, 04:16:40 PM »
Personally, the tracks I liked most were the Waterfall one, the Belmont Theme, and the Castle Hall.
Actually, I take back what I said about it having bad composition. Its composition is competent enough, but it's really gratingly repetitive. I guess it isn't so much of how it isn't well-composed as it is uncharacteristic. Placing character over technique lol. I still think it's jumpy but ; - ;
There are some neat touches and there's a real attempt at adding complexity to the music. But a lot of the songs aren't that cohesive. Do the passages really compliment or build on each other? Is there a sense of progression over the whole of the music or is it just complex for the sake of being complex? Most of them, imo, sound like jumpy medleys instead of actually complete songs despite some smooth transitions just because on a whole, all those different segments only compliment their neighbor. I personally do not find so much ABAB but something more akin to ABCBDEAF and etc. It's just all over the place.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 06:19:58 PM by thernz »

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »
IMO, the soundtrack fit the game. It just wasn't what I was expecting for a Castlevania title. I can't imagine Wicked Child. Bloody Tears, Heart of Fire, Pitch Black Intrusion, or any of the other awesome Castlevania songs playing during LoS. Same thing if you play LoS music during other titles. I know jack about composing music, but I'd rather have music that fits the game I'm playing.

Anyway, I'm glad MS is getting the chance to make another game in the series. I may not have been too thrilled with LoS, but there is the chance that might all change with a sequel.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »
Is that a calendar?!  :o Want it now!

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »
Typical "I'm an artist/musician/designer, I know what I'm talkin about" forum response, like I haven't seen that a hundred times. Only one that's ever proven it is Jorge.
It's like I tend to say, if there's anybody more pretentious than Psychology majors, it's those who study the Arts. The ones that get big headed don't let you forget how wrong you are for not knowing anything about a specific type of art. Hell, I'd deal with 10 Psych majors trying to overanalyze me than one big headed Art student. ;D

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2010, 05:08:35 PM »
You really need to learn how to use a public forum, it does not involve shitting on anyone that may have a different opinion than you.  oh no!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2010, 05:25:07 PM »
From the sounds of the music posted, this Oscar fellow really just makes boring music. We need some other guy to step in here who knows what hes doing.

Offline Dracgou

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2010, 05:53:55 PM »
speakying of music, in my opinion Basil Poledouris is one of the best fantasy composers of all time.  there is one movie that sums up his masterful work , and that is Conan The  Barbarian.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2010, 05:55:28 PM »

>>>>>>>>> Every other CV song ever.

Even this is superior to those songs you posted  :-X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBnMbOD_H04
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2010, 06:00:05 PM »
From the sounds of the music posted, this Oscar fellow really just makes boring music. We need some other guy to step in here who knows what hes doing.

Jesper Kyd would be a good canidate, he can compose beautiful, catchy, and atmospheric music. (See Hitman, Assasins Creed and Freedom Fighters)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 06:02:55 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »
Jesper Kyd would be a good canidate, he can compose beautiful, catchy, and atmospheric music. (See Hitman, Assasins Creed and Freedom Fighters)

He is good but his soundtracks since Hitman: Contracts have gotten rather bland.

Jeremy Soule on the other hand is great, I would love to see him working on the Castlevania series.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »
His Evermore music is topnotch.  A bit ambient but it fit the game perfectly.
I've heard some of his Morrowind stuff, too.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2010, 06:26:27 PM »
For the little music Morrowind had, it was really really nice. Great at establishing mood when exploring. Kinda amazed at how well using a motif so much worked so well for a game score.

Offline Apolake

• Just a lurker
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2010, 06:34:06 PM »
"I respect your right to an opinion, it's your "right" to lie and misinform that I take issue with."

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2010, 06:38:25 PM »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Main Theme (Original) - Arranged by Geoffrey Gunn

I wish this piece was in the actual game.
I guess it sounds rough because it was done through FL Studio, but personally I preferred the original to that.  Not a huge fan of the instrumentation of that arrangement.

Tags: