Poll

What role (if any) do you think IGA should play?

I'd like to see him pull an Inafune --leave Konami and do his own thing.
He should be allowed to give his timeline proper closure --give us 1999 Demon Castle War!
Igarashi IS Castlevania --to hell with Coxlevania!  This poll is SACRILIGE!!!
The man is washed-up, finished --he can shine my shoes
I don't know.  My mind was recently violated by a Dark Priest.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: IGA --Le Requiem?  (Read 48369 times)

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: IGA --Le Requiem?
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »
Both of you are forgetting Belmont's Revenge established the passing of the Vampire Killer as a father-son tradition

The manual describes a ceremony where Soleiyu is bestowed with some form of power & the title of vampire hunter but there is nothing about him receiving the whip. I don't even think the whip was regarded as the Belmont’s main source of power at that stage was it? I mean both Christopher & his son have whips in the games ending.

am just saying that fans will be in rage if the games get altered by removing the title of the game or removing the belmonts as Dracula's rival

...and yet Iga has a record of letting just about anyone take on the Count & his Castle.

Wasn't Quincy supposely single in the book?

I think he was also a bit of an adventurer & "a rough fellow, who hasn't perhaps lived as a man should"
Obviously it's a stretch but he could have had an illegitimate child
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:01:35 PM by C Belmont »

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2010, 10:35:11 PM »
The manual describes a ceremony where Soleiyu is bestowed with some form of power & the title of vampire hunter but there is nothing about him receiving the whip. I don't even think the whip was regarded as the Belmont’s main source of power at that stage was it? I mean both Christopher & his son have whips in the games ending.

This is one of those things where you wonder what details might have been lost in the translation.  But the concept here is very clear --Soleiyu has come of age and to become the next "Vampire Killer" --although no specific age is given, Belmont's Revenge is specifically dated 15 years after Castlevania Adventure --so you could easily conjecture Soleiyu as a teenager...  Considering the young age and the corruption by Dracula, you have to acknowledge Solieyu's weakness --as if he were just beginning his training...  As for the source of the Family's power --well that's really a secondary issue.  The point here is the father-son relationship of Belmont's Revenge building upon the patriarchy that was established between Trevor and Simon.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2010, 05:54:41 AM »
I've never read the book and thought Quincy was the british guy.  My bad. 

The son was only created to make him the sucessor of the belmont clan.  It is stupid to even try to fit the book into castlevania because not only did they make the son somehow watched Quincy fight Dracula when he was five.  Wasn't Quincy supposely single in the book?

Yes, he was single.
!!!! MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW !!!!

(click to show/hide)

Bloodlines is a fantastic game.....one of my favorites. However, I could really do without the connection to the novel. It only complicates things.

I think the only game that wasn't canon, but was a bit contradicting was Castlevania legends.

CotM was a little contradicting too, IMO. Here we have a different vampire hunting bloodline with a different vampire killing whip. A mentor named Morris(lol) and the castle is in Austria. How many diifferent families and whips are there? You would think that if another family made a weapon to hunt vampires, they would at least use a sword or something.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2010, 11:39:10 AM »
CotM came out before AoS was even a glimmer in IGA's eye so at the time it fit. The Baldwins are not members of the Belmont family but Nathan is. Chronologically, Nathan's mother would've been the child of Annet and Richter. She would've married into the Graves family and then given birth to Nathan.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2010, 11:52:57 AM »
CotM was orginally supposed to be an alternate universe story, making it not very likely Nathan had any ties to the Belmont family at all. Since it's a sidestory now the explanations that makes the most sense is that there exist similair whips to the VK such as Nathan's Hunter's Whip or Curtis' Holy Whip. Families such as the Baldwins are perhaps one of the clans mentioned in OoE that arose to replace the Belmont family after they disappeared, or they're only active in Austria.     

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2010, 01:05:25 PM »
CotM came out before AoS was even a glimmer in IGA's eye so at the time it fit. The Baldwins are not members of the Belmont family but Nathan is. Chronologically, Nathan's mother would've been the child of Annet and Richter. She would've married into the Graves family and then given birth to Nathan.

-X

But has that ever been confirmed? Or is it nothing more than a theory? Your post makes perfect sense, but unless it was confirmed by someone at Konami, we don't really know if it's true.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2010, 01:11:47 PM »
I love how Dracula mocks Morris about his looks.

The pot calling the kettle black  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2010, 02:35:52 PM »
The Baldwins are either successors to Belmonts, or they are an alternate family.  Nathan Graves has no relation to the Baldwins.
In CotM's Introduction, when Dracula is revived by Carmilla in Austria, he recognizes the old man "Morris Baldwin" (Hugh's father, and teacher to both Hugh and Nathan Graves).  He specifically says "You have aged."  This puts another adventure and another Dracula resurrection around the times of Symphony of the Night, as Circle of the Moon takes places a few decades afterwards.

The is an Epileptic Trees theory that Morris Baldwin was actually Richter Belmont, as an outcast, with his name changed, and thus a Belmont Line is lost, and an alternate whip had to be used since the Vampire Killer couldn't be used for some crazy reason.

Of course it makes more sense if there are alternate timelines.  With St.Germain and Aeon now part of an IGA vision, it is no longer as farfetched as it was before.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 03:00:47 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2010, 03:27:28 PM »
I've never read the book and thought Quincy was the british guy.  My bad. 

The son was only created to make him the sucessor of the belmont clan.  It is stupid to even try to fit the book into castlevania because not only did they make the son somehow watched Quincy fight Dracula when he was five.  Wasn't Quincy supposely single in the book?
It a case of secret history of sorts. In Stoker's novel, Quincy's single, but in the CV's version, he was a father. It's a different take, and I, frankly, never had a problem with this. It's just like Dracula, who's "different" in CV than any other Dracula lore. Dracula in CV isn't the same Dracula we read about in Stoker's book, but in CV, the events described in Stoker's book take place, but differently. Just like how Dracula is older than OUR Vlad III, yet died the same year. But in CV's world, their Vlad III was really the vampire Dark Lord, ours isn't. Same for Elizabeth Bartley initiating WWI. You don't have to like the new takes on history or literature, but I, personally, don't see them hard to swallow. I have no problem with viewing Stoker's novel and CV's take on the events as being two separate entities.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2010, 10:10:40 PM »
But has that ever been confirmed? Or is it nothing more than a theory? Your post makes perfect sense, but unless it was confirmed by someone at Konami, we don't really know if it's true.

Exactly. It's not officially confirmed nor will it ever be. It was just my way of putting the pieces together as do a lot of other series fans and it does fit as one plausable senario.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2010, 01:48:00 AM »
I have no problem with viewing Stoker's novel and CV's take on the events as being two separate entities.

Me neither. If I would read that book and pretented it fitted in Castlevania's chronology, I would probably give up in frustration because of how out of tone it is with the series.     
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 07:07:57 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2011, 02:41:21 AM »
I think he should give the series closure with the 99 war, but at the same time, I really cant bear to see the modern era end with Dawn of sorrow. It was fun, but come on. Aria was better, and the artstyle blew. The plot was sorta bland too. a cult outta nowhere has a castle base connected to hell? Celia as a villain was pretty damn shallow too. about as shallow as Dracula in the original castlevania. she just banters a bit, laughs, and teleports. Teleports, mind you. Not to mention it went into this new direction of turning Dracula into this sort of opposite of God figure, a "dark lord" who is the anthesis of God, when he was always just an evil immortal angry at God.

To be honest- was Dawn really needed? It was fine with Aria. Soma plot twist discovers his true identity, and manages to finally destroy the flow of chaos that fuels the castle and Dracula's powers, banishing the castle back into the eclipse for good, if not outright destroying it- putting an end to Dracula, and freeing himself of his dark destiny, basically living his life out as a normal person. Same for Julius, who had mentioned that as Chaos was defeated, he felt vampire killer weaken. That could be interpreted as Sara's soul finally being able to rest now that not only Dracula has been defeated for good, but his essence, his source of power, and his very estate.

shit. I overthought again.

Er- yeah. closure. give us that damn young Julius '99 game, and make Koijima do her thing, Making a pretty boy 18 year old Julius to kick ass with.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:43:24 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »
I think he should give the series closure with the 99 war, but at the same time, I really cant bear to see the modern era end with Dawn of sorrow. It was fun, but come on. Aria was better, and the artstyle blew. The plot was sorta bland too. a cult outta nowhere has a castle base connected to hell? Celia as a villain was pretty damn shallow too. about as shallow as Dracula in the original castlevania. she just banters a bit, laughs, and teleports. Teleports, mind you. Not to mention it went into this new direction of turning Dracula into this sort of opposite of God figure, a "dark lord" who is the anthesis of God, when he was always just an evil immortal angry at God.

To be honest- was Dawn really needed? It was fine with Aria. Soma plot twist discovers his true identity, and manages to finally destroy the flow of chaos that fuels the castle and Dracula's powers, banishing the castle back into the eclipse for good, if not outright destroying it- putting an end to Dracula, and freeing himself of his dark destiny, basically living his life out as a normal person. Same for Julius, who had mentioned that as Chaos was defeated, he felt vampire killer weaken. That could be interpreted as Sara's soul finally being able to rest now that not only Dracula has been defeated for good, but his essence, his source of power, and his very estate.

shit. I overthought again.

Er- yeah. closure. give us that damn young Julius '99 game, and make Koijima do her thing, Making a pretty boy 18 year old Julius to kick ass with.
This.  AoS should just be the end point on the time line.  With that in mind, all we really need is two or three games to fill in some gaps in the story:  1) the 1999 game, 2) a game explaining why the Belmont's can't use the whip until 1999 after SotN and why they seem to vanish aside from that one village, 3) a game between LoI and CVIII explaining how Mathias went from being a just a very powerful vampire to "The Dark Lord".
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
Mind you, the Belmonts were still around, but they handed the whip to the Morrises while they dropped off the map. After all, they WER, as you said, in the village in OoE.

My guess? They were likely training and preparing in hiding to prevent another Richter from happening. As he was not only mind controlled by Dracula's followers, but almost caused the Belmont bloodline to be forcefully ended by Alucard. And hey, looks like whatever they did worked, because Julius was and is a fucking beast, replacing Richter as "most powerful" (If "most powerful Vampire hunter" is to be taken that way)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2011, 03:33:56 PM »
As he was not only mind controlled by Dracula's followers, but almost caused the Belmont bloodline to be forcefully ended by Alucard. And hey, looks like whatever they did worked, because Julius was and is a fucking beast, replacing Richter as "most powerful" (If "most powerful Vampire hunter" is to be taken that way)

Julius's powers fizzled out in DoS. He was as badass nor as powerful as he was in AoS. AoS should've been the only game made as it didn't do any of the characters justice. Least of all, Julius.

-X

Tags:

anything