Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Capcom Digital Collection (don't get too excited)  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Capcom Digital Collection (don't get too excited)
« on: December 15, 2011, 04:18:04 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/14/capcom-collects-ssf2-turbo-hd-remix-seven-other-xbla-games-on-d/

Capcom's releasing a retail pack (only 360 sadly) of some DD titles from XBLA with the following stuff on it:

SSF2THD Remix
SPF2HD Remix
Final Fight Double Impact
Flock
Some other thing
BC Rearmed 2
Commando 3

The pack is 40 bucks. For the amount of games (and considering on the actual DD service it'd cost an arm and a leg) it's not a bad deal, especially for those of us who can't stand not having physical copies of stuff (namely me).

Capcom, though you could have picked better games, this is a good idea. I might buy this. Please release another pack with BC Rearmed 1 and Mega Mans 9 and 10 with all the DLC, and I will buy it. At a high price.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:40:31 PM by Munchy »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Capcom Digital Collection (don't get too excited)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 02:48:18 AM »
The only thing on there I'd want that I don't have is BC Rearmed 2 (and possibly Commando 3), but I like the idea. I've really enjoyed their compilations in the past, having bought the Street Fighter Collection and 2 different versions of Capcom's Classics Collection (it blew my mind seeing Black Tiger on there...hadn't seen or heard of that one since I was about 7 years old).

But yeah, this probably would've been an instant buy for me if it had Mega Man 10.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 04:02:57 AM »
I wish Capcom would release a collection that contains their Dungeons and Dragons games, I like a lot of the their old fantasy games unfortunately nothing in this collection interests me very much only SSF2THD Remix which I will probably just buy on it's own eventually.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 04:04:40 AM by C Belmont »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 04:22:08 AM »
1942 Joint Strike was decent, and there's the fact that SSF2THDR comes with the original technically.

They have much better games they could've slapped on a disc though.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 04:06:20 PM »
You were right, it's not too exiting.The only game on here I care even a little about at all is Street Fighter II HD. Which I already have, my 360 came with a card to download it! And I never play it anyhow... Yes, they really REALLY need to put the Dungeons and Dragons games on a disc! Maybe a Capcom forgotten treasures disc? I'm one of the rare people that has Dungeions and Dragons Collection for Saturn and playing two player is a blast.  We should also get a Capcom Dreamcast disc with Canon Spike, Power Stone 1 & 2, Gunbird 2. Well anyhow, I think those games and all of Capcoms other DC stuff would definitely sell a lot more than this shitty digital collection. From what I hear Bionic Commando Rearmed is much better than Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 even. All the Capcom VS SNK, and Marvel/Xmen VS Capcom/Street Fighter games together. Or at least bring some more of your actual awesome games to Xbox Live Arcade. I want Capcom VS SNK 2 on there more than any other fighter.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 09:46:26 AM »
The only games out of this packet that I've downloaded are 1942 and Final Fight: Double impact. Although I am disappointed with 1942 as it doesn't function like it's arcade counterpart i.e. no quarters for more lives option  :P The good thing about it is thr graphics. That and the weapons you collect are like those of 19XX: War against Destiny.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything