Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Openings that put you in the mood.  (Read 16306 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 06:24:48 PM »
Again the tales of series wow's me again heck I think it took Suikodens place as my favorite RPG series. The opening is really a big reason why. One of my favorites is one I have even not played yet.

Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatosk OP [HD]
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2011, 01:26:07 AM »
Seriously, no one (even me) has posted this yet? Or did I miss it? I almost want to say it's better than Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI's openings! ... Ok, I will. IT IS BETTER THAN CHRONO TRIGGER'S AND FINAL FANTASY VI'S OPENINGS!

Tales of Phantasia SNES Opening

I didn't want to play it cuz it was in Japanese (at the time) and I didn't know Japanese well enough to play an RPG. But I downloaded it anyway. And when I started it up I was like O_O. And then I pressed Start and I was like o_o. And then I got into my first battle and I was like O_O. And then I cast my first spell and I was like O_O!!. And then Arche wasn't allowed in the village with the wizards or whatever and I was like T-T.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:31:10 AM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2011, 01:44:35 AM »
Seriously, no one (even me) has posted this yet? Or did I miss it? I almost want to say it's better than Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI's openings! ... Ok, I will. IT IS BETTER THAN CHRONO TRIGGER'S AND FINAL FANTASY VI'S OPENINGS!

Tales of Phantasia SNES Opening

I didn't want to play it cuz it was in Japanese (at the time) and I didn't know Japanese well enough to play an RPG. But I downloaded it anyway. And when I started it up I was like O_O. And then I pressed Start and I was like o_o. And then I got into my first battle and I was like O_O. And then I cast my first spell and I was like O_O!!. And then Arche wasn't allowed in the village with the wizards or whatever and I was like T-T.

YOU have good taste but one thing I find really odd is that Phantasia is somehow a distant sequel to symphonia(prequel) like four thousand years or something.

Also I like Karma I want to get the 3Ds version and one day tales of grace F,said it's coming out in america a couple days before abyss:

Karma -Bump o chicken (opening tales of abyss)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2011, 07:28:03 AM »
I like to play Tales of Symphonia.  It's an AWESOME game.  I'm easily on like my 7th playthrough just for Grade/Gald farming.
I own Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (Knight of Ratatosk in USA) and, while it's definitely not as good as Tales of Symphonia, it does flesh out the story a little.  Also, yay it has the Tales of Phantasia overworld theme.

I then play Tales of Phantasia to finish off that universe.  I have never finished Tales of Phantasia though, 'cuz at one point my HDD died and I lost the savefile and don't wanna be bothered to re-play it, argh.  I bought the GBA version but it doesn't seem as good as the SNES version.  Although I like the game and the system, I wished the game used brighter colors for certain things.  Seems like it has off-colors and too many shades of brown at times.

And yes, Tales of Phantasia is a distant sequel to the Symphonia titles.  You can see similarities even in some stages, like the Ymir forest and stuff.  I wonder if I should try playing the PSOne version as it looks a bit nicer.  Anyone know?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:34:00 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 09:09:53 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2011, 11:01:33 PM »
I think I have an MP3 of the studio recording of the SNES version. The PSX version of Tales of Phantasia is much cleaner, but it's also a mellower pop song. It's not upbeat and sure as heck isn't as impressive. What set Tales Of Phantasia apart from so many things was its heavy use of vocals and its battle system. Sure, the PSX version is more refined, but I think it loses the charm. I mean, I played Tales of Destiny for a bit and kinda lost interest because it didn't have the charm that Phantasia did.

"INDIGNATION!!"  8)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2011, 04:50:17 PM »
I think I have an MP3 of the studio recording of the SNES version. The PSX version of Tales of Phantasia is much cleaner, but it's also a mellower pop song. It's not upbeat and sure as heck isn't as impressive. What set Tales Of Phantasia apart from so many things was its heavy use of vocals and its battle system. Sure, the PSX version is more refined, but I think it loses the charm. I mean, I played Tales of Destiny for a bit and kinda lost interest because it didn't have the charm that Phantasia did.

"INDIGNATION!!"  8)

Thia is true and that is why I like the PS version except the not as impressive part yes the snes version is for lack of anykind of wording ambitious, but in the end the ps just feels better to me:

Tales of Phantasia ps op

Also I counter your "INDIGNATION" with "JUDGMENT"  :P

Kratos Judgment! (English)
yeah I love Symphonia  :-[
(click to show/hide)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2011, 05:41:43 PM »
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:43:41 PM by Super Waffle »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2011, 12:35:58 AM »
Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary Collection Anime Intro [HD]

Why would this not be released anywhere else   :'(
(click to show/hide)

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2011, 02:46:30 PM »
Dragon Quest's theme itself just puts you in the mood. I remember playing Dragon Warrior 4 for the first time and just sat there listening to the main theme, it was that good.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2011, 08:05:17 PM »
Dragon Quest's theme itself just puts you in the mood. I remember playing Dragon Warrior 4 for the first time and just sat there listening to the main theme, it was that good.

Glad I am not the only one there has been a lot of theme/opening music i have heard over time, but dragon warrior's theme is just powerful it's a tearjerker (at least for me don't know why but it is)  :-[

Anyways my favorite will always be the first for the nes/gameboy it is what hooked me to the series plus the gb version has II as well to bad the battery fails every now and then  :(
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:08:06 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Tags: