Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MJ1990's Super Castlevania IV No-damage, Hard Mode, "Eternal Candle" Challenge  (Read 46935 times)

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Markyjoe1990's Fire Emblem Den
    • Awards
Now THAT's an endurance challenge. mainly because if you accidentally take a hit it's back to the title screen.

but after a few tries Id imagine it would get old hat.
I actually tried it out months ago and ragequitted. The farthest I got was to Shaft. This was taking all the alternate routes by the way, including 5'.

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
Yo dudes and ladies. I need a remix/arrange to use for Block 9. I can't find anything.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Treasury Room - Block 9-1 - Super Castlevania IV
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Sinful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
I haven't uploaded it, mainly because I dislike every remix I've found.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I haven't uploaded it, mainly because I dislike every remix I've found.

If you can't find a good enough remix then go with what's already provided by the game. Even today I still find SCV IV's music to stand up well against the test of time.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
MarkyJoe, you can also use remixes of other songs. There are lots and lots of remixes, covers and arrangements of other songs, so you could use some. Just my two cents.

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
If you can't find a good enough remix then go with what's already provided by the game. Even today I still find SCV IV's music to stand up well against the test of time.
Y'know what? You're right. I should just use the original.

MarkyJoe, you can also use remixes of other songs. There are lots and lots of remixes, covers and arrangements of other songs, so you could use some. Just my two cents.
I usually do this for the boss music, since hearing the same boss theme would eventually get boring, but for stage music, I intend to stick to remixes of the original level tunes. With some exceptions of course (Block 4 used the original tune, as will block 9. Block B is going to use Finale Toccata, and Block A... I haven't decided yet.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:45:12 AM by markyjoe1990 »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Hey, do you want a special cover for this theme? I can do it if you want. You'd have it only for your video. ;)

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
Hey, do you want a special cover for this theme? I can do it if you want. You'd have it only for your video. ;)
I'm a very picky person. If your cover isn't exactly what I'm looking for, I'll turn it down. As such, I don't recommend making a cover specifically for me. Besides, it would seem unfair if I was the only one entitled to it.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I'm a very picky person. If your cover isn't exactly what I'm looking for, I'll turn it down. As such, I don't recommend making a cover specifically for me. Besides, it would seem unfair if I was the only one entitled to it.
No problem. I'd just like to give it a try, it's always good to imrpove my skills. What are you exactly looking for?

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
No problem. I'd just like to give it a try, it's always good to imrpove my skills. What are you exactly looking for?
A redbook quality version of Block 9's theme. If not that, then an interesting, unique interpretation of the theme that still fits the stage. I'm looking for something that compliments atmosphere.

Jorge D. Fuentes's tunes are usually of the former kind of music I'm looking for, but are hindered by weird equalizations and odd instrument choices (Namely the drawbar organs that he uses a lot in his music that sound nothing like the SC IV organs)

A good example of "Interesting, unique interpretation of a theme" would be the song I used for Block 2. It's the same song, but with a very different feel, and it still manages to compliment the atmosphere of the stage.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
A redbook quality version of Block 9's theme. If not that, then an interesting, unique interpretation of the theme that still fits the stage. I'm looking for something that compliments atmosphere.

Jorge D. Fuentes's tunes are usually of the former kind of music I'm looking for, but are hindered by weird equalizations and odd instrument choices (Namely the drawbar organs that he uses a lot in his music that sound nothing like the SC IV organs)

A good example of "Interesting, unique interpretation of a theme" would be the song I used for Block 2. It's the same song, but with a very different feel, and it still manages to compliment the atmosphere of the stage.
I shall try to have something for you by the end of the week. :)

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
I shall try to have something for you by the end of the week. :)
Alright. In the mean time, it's time for...

AN UPDATE ON PROGRESS
Block B is still unbelievably unbelievable, but I think I now have a luck-free strategy on Slogra. As you may know, with his wand, Slogra has two attacks: A lunging charge and an exploding energy ball shot from his wand. When you hit him, he is launched in the air and lands on top of you. When you dodge this, he will occasionally open up with either one of the two attacks IMMEDIATELY after landing. No start-up whatsoever: or so I thought. The wand shot can easily be dodged by ducking before hand, but the lunge seems to actually have a telegraph to it, mainly that Slogra will take a step backwards before using it. I've been capitalizing on it, and find that my success-rate against Slogra has augmented immensely.

Unfortunately, Gaibon is still a thorn on my side, and Death takes excruciatingly long due to my risk-free strategy.

Dracula... is a god damn whore for two reasons. 1) His tiny energy balls that he tosses. If you're to Dracula's Left, you can whip the ball as he releases it, and then walk under it to avoid the bullets shot by the energy ball afterwards. If you're on the right side, brandish your whip and hope that it somehow prevents damage. 2) His lightning strikes are surprisingly fast, and I find myself unable to consistently dodge them. This is definitely a shortcoming on my part, and I will have to overcome it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I find it's the opposite for me. Gaibon is relatively easy and I can pretty much kill him without receiving damage. However Slogra is a much different story... He's fast and powerful. His method of attacking you can easily catch you off-guard if you, yourself are not quick. Death I can kill with little or no problems as I just stick to the far left corner of the screen. I will get the occasional cycle stuck up my @$$, but his scythe is ultimately useless.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything