Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nintendo makes all of your worst Photoshop dreams come true  (Read 12304 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: Nintendo makes all of your worst Photoshop dreams come true
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
If you watch boogie2988's videos where he's just being himself, he's one of the most articulate, humble, sincere, and caring individuals on all of YouTube. He's not the arrogant asshole you seem to think he is. He's made multiple videos on issues he had while growing up, one of which being that he didn't have a lot of luxuries growing up or in his young adult life.

However, for a laugh—sure, why not break an egg on his 3DS? The eggs aren't going to wreck the system; clean it off properly and there should be no problems.
OK, I take back what I said about this particular person.
If you say he's humble and caring I believe you.

But this still stands for the one who broke his PS3 and that kind of people who breaks expensive things just for fun.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »
OK, I take back what I said about this particular person.
If you say he's humble and caring I believe you.

But this still stands for the one who broke his PS3 and that kind of people who breaks expensive things just for fun.

It is odd that I don't watch these kind of videos because I cringe when actually watching them?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »
I came across that PS3 breaking video when in my country the price for the console was higher than a regular salary and I was still studying but not working, so it really made me feel bad back in the day.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 12:52:55 AM »
The AVGN also has destroyed several carts and even burned and shot (with an arrow) his SEGA 32-X. But I don't think he actually wrecks the original hardware, but instead, for show, makes fake casts of them then destroys those. It's less expensive that way.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 12:58:41 AM »
I love AVGN. Most games he breaks are donated copies of games that are easy and cheap to get, according to him.
For some expensive games, yes, he made copies. It's all for comic intentions.
AVGN really makes me laugh.

The video I referred to was one guy going to a shop, buying a PS3, going to the street and smashing it with a giant hammer. He was dressed like a pimp stereotype, or something like that.
And people looked at him and took photos, celebrating that  :rollseyes:

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2013, 03:34:03 AM »
The AVGN also has destroyed several carts and even burned and shot (with an arrow) his SEGA 32-X. But I don't think he actually wrecks the original hardware, but instead, for show, makes fake casts of them then destroys those. It's less expensive that way.

Too much work. He actually destroys that shit.

One obvious exception being the Nintendo World Championships carts. Neither are his to begin with, but even if they were, there's no way a serious nerd collector or anybody with any sense would destroy those, so replicas were made.

And it's one of the best episodes he's done, ha ha.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »
Too much work. He actually destroys that shit.

One obvious exception being the Nintendo World Championships carts. Neither are his to begin with, but even if they were, there's no way a serious nerd collector or anybody with any sense would destroy those, so replicas were made.

And it's one of the best episodes he's done, ha ha.

I remember that one oh they got me I was like the heck man?!!! Later on Pat tried to sell that cart on pawn stars the gold one that one really made me go wtf?!!!
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2013, 03:23:43 PM »

I know for sure (I've seem every AVGN video, even extras and bloopers) that he only destroys consoles that are already broken. Now about the cartridges, he uses some game that isnt rare and he received a lot of copies already (Top Gun for example) and then print a fake label to put in it.

Even for Nintendo World Champioship they've used a golden Legend of Zelda cartridge, not a real NWC. Yeah, these copies are from Pat, he was lucky since one of them came with a bunch of common games since the guy that sold it doesnt known his shit (IIRC it was a mother or girlfriend that sold it).

PS: Correct is "sold" or "selled"? I've remembered of that word, sold, only now lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2013, 10:05:54 PM »
IIRC, NWC is like 50.000 on e-bay. There's no VG player in this world that would break that one.
I like to have original games when I can, but I'd sell it without thinking a second if I had one.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 01:41:35 PM »
IIRC, NWC is like 50.000 on e-bay. There's no VG player in this world that would break that one.
I like to have original games when I can, but I'd sell it without thinking a second if I had one.

Unless it was a present (I care too much about things given as gift to me, so I would never be able to sell it) I would sell it and buy more games with this money.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »
With 50.000 dollars you can buy a few cars or a little house.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 02:48:24 PM »
Or a really nice downpayment on a big house. 50 thou is a lot indeed.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »
Or a really nice downpayment on a big house. 50 thou is a lot indeed.
Indeed. I would sell it even if it is a gift. Sorry for not being more sensitive, but... 50.000!  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 07:50:18 PM »
I dont care so much about money, maybe thats why I couldnt have cool ideas like you two. :-/

hinking about that, maybe I could buy my apartment back, let 10,000 rests in the bank so this value could increase with time (these accounts where you put money and they increase a % amount by month) and some more things. But who cares, I cant buy what I most desire so fuck it.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything