Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Belmont Tree  (Read 36867 times)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Belmont Tree
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 09:12:14 AM »
Hay guyz

If you're gonna debate, leave the petty arguments and personal potshots out of it.

VoDkA

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 10:17:53 AM »
@Vodka: You're doing that thing where you're being a condescending ass.

Cease.

@Jerkofwonder:
It's some Austrian castle with spooktacular ghosts. <--- Dawn of Sorrow fits this bill too, though.  Hell, the Windmills in the ending would make it a Holland Castle.

PS- I meant to quote, not edit.  Sorry if your post ended up being edited.  Still getting used to the new system.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 03:11:12 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »
In Reply To #32
I can't believe you didn't get the criminal justice joke.  And thanks for the personal attack, really adds to your argument.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 03:11:56 PM »
In Reply To #32

I accidentally hit "Edit" instead of "Quote".
Apologies.

The point still stands, though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

VoDkA

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 08:18:26 PM »
In Reply To #33

What personal attack?  Seriously...if you don't know a word, look it up.  I didn't say it to be a jerk, as strange as that sounds.  At least, that's what I do...always have.  Look things up, I mean.  *shrugs*

Look...if you want, I can break it down (the legal-ese) for you.  Not to be a jerk, but to be understood a bit better.

@ Jorge:

Erm...as you wish...  :-X

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2007, 08:13:36 PM »
In Reply To #35
Um... when did I ever say i didn't know what those words meant?

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2007, 11:31:10 PM »
Guys, take it to PM. Get back on topic.

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 01:29:02 AM »
Okay, so I just got a new job, I am gonna complete the tree with pictures, it is just gonna take me longer than I wanted it to.

So far I have the top left corner done on the illustrated.  That is Leon, Lisa, Dracula, Sonia, Alucard, Trevor, Sypha, and Gesper Totoyan.

Once I get all 8 parts done I will upload them and link them.

K Thanks.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 03:45:20 PM »
In Reply To #37
Jeez... you sure are high off of this modness...  You flex your mod-ness way to much, it's pretty cute actually.  ;)

And to thread authoer, it's "Gasper", not gesper.

VoDkA

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2007, 09:42:01 PM »
In Reply To #37
Jeez... you sure are high off of this modness...  You flex your mod-ness way to much, it's pretty cute actually.  ;)

Well, well, well...we finally agree on something.   :P

Quasar

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2007, 07:29:56 PM »
If you work it out, there does seem to be time for Richter to be Reinhardt Schneider's grandfather.

Reinhardt looks to be at least in his late twenties (and that is being kind to him) in 1852. For the sake of doubt, let's set his age at 25, putting his birth circa 1827. If his parents (one of which would be Richter's daughter) were no younger than 16 (reasonable or not given the date? people sometimes got married very early back then...), their birth dates would be circa 1811, at which time Richter would be exactly 37 and certainly still able to father children. Even if you fiddle with the unknown ages quite a bit, there's more than enough of a time window.

In my fanfic I placed the birth of his first child (a son) at 1807. Seems to work out surprisingly well with this :) BTW, I intend to tell the story of the Hunter Whip's creation in that fic, and give it a plausible place in the Castlevania universe (one that doesn't ruin the essence of the canon). Let me know if you ever make a genealogy that expands into fanfic characters ;)

But if you accept that the Hunter Whip really is different from the Vampire Killer, which I myself now do (and I thought I'd be the last person on earth to argue for that...), then there's no problem with having Reinhardt "borrow" the Vampire Killer for a quick quest from the Morrises or whoever was holding it at the time. Maybe there were extenuating circumstances which prevented them from helping out at that time ;)

I'm just happy to see the non-canon characters getting more mention lately. They're my favorites.

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2007, 01:40:05 AM »
If you work it out, there does seem to be time for Richter to be Reinhardt Schneider's grandfather.

My only problem with Richter being Reinhardt's grandfather is the fact that it was Michael Schneider that taught Reinhardt how to be a vampire hunter, not his mother... Maybe the Schneiders are another clan of vampire hunters that married into the Belmonts but who knows?

I would have a vote about this for the tree, but I have already got the lay out done, and moving it any will be more work than needed, as I have it, the Schneiders are a branch family.  But once it is done, if anyone wants to make a version that has Reinhardt under Richter as a grandson, feel free to do so, just give credit where credit is due.

EDIT: Actually after looking closer, It wouldn't be all that much trouble to place Reinhardt over under Richter, so I think I'll make 2 versions, one where he is, and one where he isn't.  Also while looking I found another problem I have so I have to do some moving anyways.

EDIT 2:  I haven't beat Dawn of Sorrow yet, and I have a question... does Hammer get with Yoko?  If he does I might have to put him in it too.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 01:49:55 AM by actionfence »

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2007, 07:40:25 AM »
In Reply To #42

Based on his feelings and their interaction in the game, it can be assumed that yes, they do get together. Of course, just remember the controversy that Alucard and Sonia also had the same interaction, just a little bit more directly in in-game dialog.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2007, 09:36:31 AM »
Dunno, yoko seemed more interested in soma than hammer. :P

Quasar

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2007, 11:55:10 AM »
In Reply To #42

I did think of that later, but came to the same conclusion. It's possible that the Schneiders were already warriors of some other type who married into the Belmont clan as a means of increasing their own status. I have the Baldwins do the exact same thing in my fic, resulting in Morris Baldwin ;)

Of course it is just as equally likely that the Schneiders are a more distant branch like the Morrises. Without canon links, you're left to make your own decision on the matter. At least with Reinhardt we were given definite confirmation that he was supposed to be related to the Belmonts. With the Baldwins and Graves, there is only speculation.

EDIT: There is of course a 3rd possibility which just came to mind. Reinhardt could be of Belmont descent through both of his parents. Cousin marriages were extremely common back then, especially in families that had reason to "keep it in the family." Proud warrior traditions would encourage that sort of thing. Unusual to us today, but considered normal then. I myself have a cousin marriage in my family tree back in the 1800's.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:58:33 AM by Quasar »

Tags: