Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: new WIP  (Read 5802 times)

Offline JILost

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: November 02, 2007, 06:27:22 PM »
By popular demand, I'm releasing my 50% finished new project.  I'll likely be finished some time before December.

http://www.purpleguppy.net/music/bloodytemp.mp3

This project is the result of getting a new hardware synthesizer and being inspired enough by it to want to do a whole "album" of remakes/remixes with it.  This is the third. 

Let me know what you think so far!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 06:30:38 PM »
In Reply To #1

Without a doubt, one of the best ideas to come by in terms of medleys/remasterings.  Also, BIG props for using Legends in there.

Great tune, can't wait to see it finished.  Awesome stuff.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

LBPHeretic

Re: new WIP
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:33:02 PM »
In Reply To #1

Wow! I love the direction that this song is headed! I hope you can keep working on it so we can hear a finished product. This is awesome! :D

It's got that CV Legends thing going at the end too. Sweet! ;D

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:52:31 PM »
Ooooo...I likies.

What kinda synthesizer did you get, if you don't mind my asking?

Offline JILost

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 11:47:02 PM »
In Reply To #4

I do mind, and I don't have to stand for this abuse!

Err...

It's a Roland SC-8550, the last in the Sound Canvas line.  For those not in the know, it's three models after the SC-55, which was used for recording Akumajo Dracula MIDI Collection and Castlevania Chronicle's SC-55 version soundtrack -- and my model just happens to have an "SC-55 mode" so I can hear those two albums rendered in realtime.  Whoo.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 01:39:12 AM »
this isn;t that bad, i like it. kind a reminds me of Dream Fighters, bloddy tears mix.
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 01:21:07 PM »
In Reply To #4

I do mind, and I don't have to stand for this abuse!

Err...

It's a Roland SC-8550, the last in the Sound Canvas line.  For those not in the know, it's three models after the SC-55, which was used for recording Akumajo Dracula MIDI Collection and Castlevania Chronicle's SC-55 version soundtrack -- and my model just happens to have an "SC-55 mode" so I can hear those two albums rendered in realtime.  Whoo.

Ahh haaa...gotcha. I'd always wondered what kind of hardware to get to help me further my interests in game music remixing. Do you use any software to help compose your stuff, like Fruity Loopz, or just use the synth?

Offline JILost

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 12:42:12 AM »
In Reply To #7

Well, in this particular case, I was sticking exclusively to the synth, given the whole "I have a new synth that rocks and I want to do a bunch of songs with it" situation; but I have Sonar and a bunch of stuff I typically use to keep the groove...uh...groovin'.  I can make some suggestions if you'd like, but right now isn't the best time as I'm half asleep and trying to remedy the half that isn't.  What kind of remixing are you trying to do?  What kind of "sound" do you want?  Can you name any artists or groups who've done what you want to do?  I'll do my best to suggest ways to get there when I'm more awake.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 08:29:53 AM »
As of right now, I have Fruity Loopz. I've done some rough mixes, but was wanting something like what you're producing on this mix of your here. Electronica & Trance type stuff is always good.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 08:00:28 AM »
that song is awensome I'd love to see it finsished, it like said before by george the Legends thing works really nice.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 05:02:53 AM »
Now this is what i call awesomest music!!
Also Jorge at your radio station, do you play and arrange music?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 10:16:32 AM »
Dude, please finish this. It's got some great potential.

Tags: