Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: X's CV pencil pics  (Read 4483 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: July 31, 2011, 12:15:10 AM »
After seeing narkolepsi's and Sindra's images I thought I'd share mine too. This is the first CV pic I ever did in pencil and previously had never done a full-on black & white sketch before. Since this was done in 98 the character's proportions will be off in some places. I also wanted to replicate Dracula's castle from Castlevania: The Adventure as it was largely a unique incarnation and I was somewhat enamored with it. I'll put up more if this one is successful... And it is, look at that!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 02:21:17 AM »
I'd throw it in 'er.

I think I drew some Castlevania images once. If I dug 'em up I probably wouldn't be able to post them, 'cos I'm pretty sure I gave Simon a gargantuan schlong.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 01:41:40 PM »
'cos I'm pretty sure I gave Simon a gargantuan schlong.

So you went real life with this pic uh? Don't be ashamed of that. In art school we're taught to draw real life and includes nude pictures of both men and women. Nothing to be ashamed of. But yeah I guess the Dungeon isn't quite the place for it unless you asked Jorge nicely. Anyways since this pic made it all post another one. Same Belmont but updated since I did it in '02. Abnormal Freak if you though the first pic was something you'd hit then try this:
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 02:21:06 PM »
I really like your sketches, especially the second one!!! Keep up the great work!!! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
Wow! Now this is art!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 06:55:05 PM »
There's actually a mistake I did not fix as I had already sprayed over the pencil with a preserver. The character in the image castes no shadow and neither does her whip. Oops  :-X

Anyways I'll put up the rest. You will note that they all have the same art-style as I was using the CV Dracula X art and had no access to anything else. I didn't really have full internet access back then either so I couldn't expand my knowledge until later. This next image shows a very Castlevania-ish castle worthy of that title in my mind. I borrowed the design from King Haggart's castle from The Last Unicorn. It just screamed CV that I couldn't not use it's likeness. This pic was done in '99

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 10:56:48 PM »
Abnormal Freak if you though the first pic was something you'd hit then try this:

Yoooooo, I'd pump that also, dude.

;D
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
Hey, these are great! I like them a lot! :D

I have some seminew stuff that I need to post in my thread also...
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »
Here's another pick with a similar castle design although looking more like a fortress then a castle. also Death and three vampire hotties are included. The designs of the fishmen and the little critter with two legs (not sure what it is) are taken from a Nintendo power magazine that featured CV3.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 12:02:44 AM »
^ That Belmont pose, looks similar to this:

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 11:28:10 AM »
That's where I got it from. These pics were done at a time when I was just starting out so there is a 'copy & paste' thing going on here. If you look at the pic before it you'll also see a similar Richter pose. The final CV pencil pic I have is what I did for my Castlevania 2017: Atlantis fan game. Character proportions are a little off as usual, however there's a lot more to see in this pic.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 01:24:22 PM »
That last picture, reminds me of The Pinnacle stage from Dawn of Sorrow!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline kru3ger

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: X's CV pencil pics
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »
Very nice X, me likes!  8)

Tags:

anything