Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vampiria Development Forum  (Read 6447 times)

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Vampiria Development Forum
« on: December 13, 2007, 06:43:52 AM »
http://vampiria.meeka.net/forum/index.php

Efin set this up. Check the media section for some new stuff, including a poor quality video I made demonstrating Ringo's snow effects. We will continue to post updates as they become available.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:42:20 AM »
That is pretty bad quality >.> But the snow looks nice.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Vampiria Development Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 11:26:59 AM »
Nice...I will take a close look now

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 03:02:59 PM »
In Reply To #2
I put up a better quality video now, it's really short though, more of a tease than anything.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 04:00:46 PM »
Sweet...hope see a demo soon...a question, that's the new design of the main character?

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 05:52:37 AM »
Sweet...hope see a demo soon...a question, that's the new design of the main character?

Yep.

Offline NeoBelmont89

• Undying Legacy Programmer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 12:23:41 AM »
Checked out the video and I have to say that is is plenty long enough to get an idea of the outstanding quality of this game! Fantastic job to all of you!

The graphics, programming, and music are all equally phenomenal, even at such an early stage.

I seriously hope that you guys don't sell yourselves short on this project and offer it as freeware. It's way too good not to offer for sale.

Keep up the excellent work, and I look forward to seeing this game unfold. Bravo!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 12:25:40 AM by NeoBelmont89 »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 12:33:08 AM »
Wow the game looks fantastic you guys are doing a great job. Is the main characters main weapon gonna be the sword he's holding in the vid or is that just a subweapon? :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Rath

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 12:47:00 AM »
The sprite work in this..is amazing..and that even is an understatement.

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 12:52:51 AM »
Checked out the video and I have to say that is is plenty long enough to get an idea of the outstanding quality of this game! Fantastic job to all of you!

The graphics, programming, and music are all equally phenomenal, even at such an early stage.

I seriously hope that you guys don't sell yourselves short on this project and offer it as freeware. It's way too good not to offer for sale.

Keep up the excellent work, and I look forward to seeing this game unfold. Bravo!

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 12:59:44 AM »
Wow the game looks fantastic you guys are doing a great job. Is the main characters main weapon gonna be the sword he's holding in the vid or is that just a subweapon? :)

The main hero uses a "ninjato" style sword. Although he can return it to its sheath (which he wears on his back) and use a silenced Sten or a Tommy Gun against zombie soldiers -- there are limitations to these weapons (ammo).

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 01:01:37 AM »
And if anyone is wondering what the deal with that Belmont-esque character is, we have a planned "flashback" or intro stage, similar to SotN's opening (except it's an entire stage instead of a boss fight).

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 01:30:34 AM »
The main hero uses a "ninjato" style sword. Although he can return it to its sheath (which he wears on his back) and use a silenced Sten or a Tommy Gun against zombie soldiers -- there are limitations to these weapons (ammo).

sweet!, I can't wait for this game. :D
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »
Your screens are great. I really like the video you have of the train level. It doesn't show much, but I like what I see. The background is beautiful- all those trees and mountains in the background give you the feeling as if you're traveling through the Eastern European forests. The snow effect is excellent, and so it donates to the depressing atmosphere you're creating of World War 2 (that's when the game takes place, right?). And of course, the depressing, unpleasant music gives much to this atmosphere to develop.
If you want ideas for the game, how about a level where you are supposed to hijack an airplane? And then the next level the airplane gets hit by an enemy jet and you have to jump off in the middle of a forest? Also, a level on a ww2 destroyer sounds cool to me. Anyway, there are so many ideas that could be used in your project, and I wish you best of luck with it, since I see you're heading the right way.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything