Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What anime are you currently watching....  (Read 131353 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: What anime are you currently watching....
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2017, 12:23:25 PM »
It's so sad that a second season will never happen. It was really funny.

I believe seasons average 12 episodes, so it ran for a few. As for what I'm watching now, Maria Holic. This one will be a weird one, though not as strange as I'm Not Popular Because of You Guys, can't remember the Japanese name it's listed under though.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2017, 03:36:27 AM »
Negima!? Magister Negi Magi currently, 2 episodes in, not as bad as someone told me it was. Basically a Shaft Studios reboot of a series 1 year prior, but with the Shaft spin on it, though for a comedy, it has a lot of more darker moments that are not comedy, but it's usually broken by something silly happening.

After this I might watch the original, though the original isn't comedy.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2017, 12:36:38 PM »
Does Robot Jox count as an animu

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2017, 05:22:31 PM »
DB Super.. Really interesting that
(click to show/hide)
Yeah... #themotherfuckersdontknowhowtoact

I'm unsure if I like this arc, they're introducing more Saiyans who seem to be popping their SSJ cherries like M&M's.. What's strange is that they're taking ideas directly from material which hardcore fans have always maintained as non-canon (
(click to show/hide)
)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2017, 09:46:15 PM »
Just finished OPM.

Needless to say, I loved it.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2017, 08:39:02 AM »
DB Super.. Really interesting that
(click to show/hide)
Yeah... #themotherfuckersdontknowhowtoact

I'm unsure if I like this arc, they're introducing more Saiyans who seem to be popping their SSJ cherries like M&M's.. What's strange is that they're taking ideas directly from material which hardcore fans have always maintained as non-canon (
(click to show/hide)
)

Um yeah, about non-canon stuff--I've generally found that most people really don't know or care to know the difference for this series.

It's generally all a big rehash IMHO. Which makes me wonder why it is that I am still watching the series sometimes...It's probably more for the good animation and fight scenes when they exhibit themselves, the story is as usual predictable and non-climatic since you always know who is going to end up on top...

They've had a few chances in Super and the new movies to shake up the stale old formula, and missed those opportunities since they were in a sense starting from scratch. For example, a lot of people really think Vegeta should have been the hero in the last flick...instead, it's more of the same ol'...
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2017, 04:16:45 AM »
Um yeah, about non-canon stuff--I've generally found that most people really don't know or care to know the difference for this series.

It's generally all a big rehash IMHO. Which makes me wonder why it is that I am still watching the series sometimes...It's probably more for the good animation and fight scenes when they exhibit themselves, the story is as usual predictable and non-climatic since you always know who is going to end up on top...

They've had a few chances in Super and the new movies to shake up the stale old formula, and missed those opportunities since they were in a sense starting from scratch. For example, a lot of people really think Vegeta should have been the hero in the last flick...instead, it's more of the same ol'...

I actually really liked the Zamasu arc. Now I get the feeling that everything is out the window and they're just writing alove letter to all variety of fans with this Broly copied universe. It kind of pisses me off that they can't just come up with something more original.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2017, 07:20:59 AM »
Finished watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.  Well, it's batshit insane, and I love it.  How I haven't seen it until now (especially since I've known about this for a long while and seen its spiritual sequel Kill La Kill) is beyond me.  Well, speaking of Gainax animes I haven't watched yet despite knowing about them forever, gonna have to watch Evangelion now (oh that and Panty and Stocking too).

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2017, 08:36:53 AM »
I actually really liked the Zamasu arc. Now I get the feeling that everything is out the window and they're just writing alove letter to all variety of fans with this Broly copied universe. It kind of pisses me off that they can't just come up with something more original.

Not bad, no. Just predictable. There were some nice nods to the past  with trying to seal him away, but these sudden , inexplicable leaps in power that make everyone (Trunks, Picollo, Roshi, etc...) able to to stand at levels that are equal to SS Gods is ridiculous...As is the "everyone-makes-a-miraculous-leap-in-ability-just-one-day-from-the-tournament-of-power". BS.  At least have everyone train in the room of spirit of time or something like Vegeta and blow their way out every time. Yes, it's old, but at least it makes logical sense...

(click to show/hide)
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2017, 09:10:12 AM »
Not bad, no. Just predictable. There were some nice nods to the past  with trying to seal him away, but these sudden , inexplicable leaps in power that make everyone (Trunks, Picollo, Roshi, etc...) able to to stand at levels that are equal to SS Gods is ridiculous...As is the "everyone-makes-a-miraculous-leap-in-ability-just-one-day-from-the-tournament-of-power". BS.  At least have everyone train in the room of spirit of time or something like Vegeta and blow their way out every time. Yes, it's old, but at least it makes logical sense...

(click to show/hide)

After Vegito SSJB power levels went out the window, they could be explained up to the point where Goku's Kamehameha punctured Fusion Zamasu's final chi blast (Vegeta and Trunks' combined Galick Gun should've been stronger but didn't have the same affect). The point where Kaioken SSJB Goku broke Fusion Zamasu's halo made sense, but Vegito couldn't stand up to a fully powered up version of him. This was bs to me, Vegito should be stronger than Kaioken SSJBGoku. Presuming Half Purple Zamasu got a massive power boost could explain why Vegito Blue was evenly matched with him, however, the fact a "worn down" Zamasu got clipped point blank by Trunks' blade (even with him being passed full power, converting spirit bomb energy into God Ki) still left room for doubt.

This new arc just seems to me that SSJB is being purposely powered down to shoehorn old characters in, which annoys me because it is what "Resurrection F" did so well in order to avoid. I think this can be explained by SSJB being able to be surpressed lower than a normal SSJ, but fighters who don't use God Ki should be losing and not able to sense Goku or Vegeta's movements. This element of God Ki seems to have been retconned to allow the story to progress. This is shown by Goku having to use SSJB Kaioken to one shot New Mystic Gohan.
Maybe the manga is different but it has been badly explained I the anime.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2017, 11:09:05 AM »

This new arc just seems to me that SSJB is being purposely powered down to shoehorn old characters in, which annoys me because it is what "Resurrection F" did so well in order to avoid. I think this can be explained by SSJB being able to be surpressed lower than a normal SSJ, but fighters who don't use God Ki should be losing and not able to sense Goku or Vegeta's movements. This element of God Ki seems to have been retconned to allow the story to progress. This is shown by Goku having to use SSJB Kaioken to one shot New Mystic Gohan.
Maybe the manga is different but it has been badly explained I the anime.

Yeah, that watering down is indeed annoying. In Typical DBZ TV fashion, it's dragging out too long getting to the actual tournament of power...we really didn't need an exposition going into each character's preparations for the tourney, just show up already...

As is, I think it will STILL drag on for a few more episodes to get into the real fight, even though there's supposedly "just" one more hour left before starts...sigh...

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2017, 01:36:09 PM »
Negima!? Magister Negi Magi currently, 2 episodes in, not as bad as someone told me it was. Basically a Shaft Studios reboot of a series 1 year prior, but with the Shaft spin on it, though for a comedy, it has a lot of more darker moments that are not comedy, but it's usually broken by something silly happening.

After this I might watch the original, though the original isn't comedy.

I stand corrected, the original series is comedy, but less on the slapstick than the reboot. More than halfway through it, seems quite different than the reboot. Closer to it's manga material than the reboot too.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2017, 05:06:55 AM »
The penultimate episode of Little Witch Academia was lovely.  It's a beautifully clever and I think underappreciated series.  I wonder if it will get another series?  I hope so.

I' currently contemplating a rewatch of Gundam Wing.  I used to watch it as a teen on the Cartoon Network, mostly for the dynamics between the main people in OZ, especially Zechs.  I think I'd appreciate the general world politics a lot more now I'm older.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2017, 02:52:27 AM »
Back in time to one from 1995, before CGI, and when things were still cel drawings, Ai Tenshi Densetsu Wedding Peach. Very much reminded of Sailor Moon with this one, same kind of genre, same goofy humor, maybe less clumsy heroine. Looks to follow the same formula too, main character transforms (with a wedding dress too), her 2 friends don't just yet Looked ahead, there are 4, though that's 1 less than Sailor Moon, and no outer senshi.

Randomly picked anime FTW. Last one was Asu no Yoichi, which was supposed to be a romance and harem anime, delivered really on neither. But I'm a sucker for Sailor Moon type shows.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2017, 10:33:50 PM »
Wedding Peach! I remembered watching that when I was a kid. Hahaha. Forgot much about the story though.

Tags:

anything