Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Mobile Game this month?  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: July 29, 2019, 12:18:30 PM »
Hi gang.

Has anyone heard of a Castlevania title coming out next month, for mobile systems?

I'm not sure if it's just an update to Grimoire of Souls, or a version of Encore of the Night, or something new entirely.

I heard from a friend at Otakon that a voice actress let it slip accidentally that there is such a game coming out.

Anyone heard anything?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 12:28:20 AM »
By this month you mean July, or August?

Presumably if it's a mobile game, it's likely Grimoire of Souls. I see no reason why they'd add VA to Encore.

But I've heard nothing. This thread was news to me. Can you explain more of who told you about this?

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mobile Game this month?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 03:18:29 AM »
Wasn't Encore of the Night removed from stores a few years ago? I kinda doubt Konami would bring it back.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 06:21:16 AM »
If accurate, it's probably Grimoire.  They've been taking forever getting it ready for world-wide release, probably includes localized voice acting.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 05:49:10 AM »
Maybe it's a re-release of that Aria of Sorrow phone game that stole Jorge's MIDIs.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 09:13:27 AM »
Maybe it's a re-release of that Aria of Sorrow phone game that stole Jorge's MIDIs.

Holy shit is this real?

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 03:44:27 PM »
WHAT?!  No way... Really?!  >:(

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 03:22:23 AM »
Whoa! That is news to me.

I'm requesting Jorge to comment.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 04:22:19 AM »
Super Waffle is probably joking.
Probably.
I didn't recreate the entirety of AoS's soundtrack so there are still pieces that would have to be done from scratch.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 11:07:09 PM »
It was seriously a thing tho. Some early mobile game (like for flip phones) ported from some CV game (I think the first part of Aria) plagiarized midis straight from VGMusic.com, and I think some of those MIDIs were Jorge's. I could have sworn there was a thread about it on here ages ago.

Offline OldSchoolArikado

• Castlemaniac
  • Hunter in Training
  • Se habla español
    • Castlevania Latino
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 04:08:04 PM »
Well, Breaking News.

Grimoire of Souls in the TGS 2019.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 12:28:14 AM »
Sees PC Engine Mini first before Grimore of Souls.... Ack.

Tags:

anything