Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rondo of Blood on the 3DS?  (Read 26680 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 06:09:01 AM »
Anyway, Nintendo really need to fix their sheeit when it comes to Game Boy games on the 3DS. Downloaded Kirby's Dream Land and the visuals are really fuzzy. Downloaded the 10 Ambassador Program NES games, played Super Mario Bros., and that looks awesome. Wonder how/why they goofed up the GB games so bad.

My 3DS still doesn't show the 10 Ambassador Program NES games, and I bought it on Launch Day and have updated the shop & stuff (so I know I qualify). :\
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 09:09:13 AM »
Whoa, Kamui. Most laughably bad post of yours I've yet seen.

Rondo on the PSP is awful due to the really blurry visuals. Really, it ain't pretty. The audio's also way out of sync with the video during cutscenes. It's a terribly flawed port; there's definitely room for improvement.

Saying Rondo is shit compared to Super Castlevania IV is ridiculous. Both are incredible games.

Besides, Rondo is already on the Wii Virtual Console; there's no reason Nintendo shouldn't port over the Wii's library to the 3DS and allow those who've already bought a game on one VC system to play it on the other.

Anyway, Nintendo really need to fix their sheeit when it comes to Game Boy games on the 3DS. Downloaded Kirby's Dream Land and the visuals are really fuzzy. Downloaded the 10 Ambassador Program NES games, played Super Mario Bros., and that looks awesome. Wonder how/why they goofed up the GB games so bad.

My point is why would you want to spend $170+  just for rondo AGAIN?! on the 3DS
Its easier just to get either the PSP version, of better yet the FREE PC Port.
The game isn't that good since it brings back all the flaws of the classic NES games while Super IV gets rid of the Flaws yet presurves core gamesplay.
There are like 5 SotN ports... and guess what, They are all the SAME, I don't see the point of Slightly better being a huge apsect.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 09:29:33 AM »
1. The PC port (which is really an emulator-executable) is a form of piracy, you know.  Also, not everyone has a PissPee.
2. Those aren't flaws; they're features (learn to work with your weighted character).
3. I kinda do agree with your last point about SotN.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 12:49:30 PM »
The game isn't that good since it brings back all the flaws of the classic NES games while Super IV gets rid of the Flaws yet presurves core gamesplay.

Please elaborate. What flaws are you talking about? What exactly does Super Castlevania IV do that is so much better than Rondo? Let you whip in eight directions, or move while you duck? I really hope you're not referring to things like that, which either don't matter or make the game too easy while also diminishing the importance of other attack methods (axe).

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »
I'm guessing the "flawed gameplay" is exactly what you think: can't whip all directions, can't move while ducking, and probably the biggest of all, can't change direction mid-jump. It's silly to call those flaws, because despite my love for CV IV, the old gameplay controls made for a lot of strategy and precise button-pressing, which is loads of fun; IV almost entirely eliminates all that, and makes the game a cakewalk that even kindergarteners can finish.

Jorge: I got my Ambassador games early by going to the eShop, going all the way left to the settings, then to Your Downloads, and then I clicked Redownload on all the titles.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 01:06:13 PM »
If that's the case, then those aren't flaws. They are sensible design choices given the character's capabilities, the enemies' capabilities, and the design of the stages.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:09:45 PM by Successor The Red »

Offline Kusanagi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Not even the legend of Belmont can withstand time
    • Awards
Re: Rondo of Blood on the 3DS?
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »
To be honest I somewhat prefer the stiff jumping mechanics of Rondo of blood xD so I can jump forward and attack behind me while keeping my momentum and direction in the air (tried doing that in Harmony of Dissonance only to find Juste moving in the direction I swing at even when descending - which gets me hit quite a few times xD). But as Abnormal Freak and Successor the Red mentioned, things like stiff jumping aren't really flaws, it just comes down to what you as a player are comfortable with.

I first played through Rondo of blood on the PSP and it was amazing, though I probably didn't notice the blur as I never played the original on the turbographix16 (do own the virtual console version as well though).

I personally don't see the problem with it being ported to the 3Ds, only thing is that at least another game should come out first (preferably 2D or 2.5D). The fans who've already played rondo of blood numerous times should get something new to work on at least, as porting shouldn't be that difficult of a task and can be done as the fans play through the new game.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 01:15:31 PM »
Nope. mostly...
The ability to change direction mid jump is a biggy, but the Recoil of being damaged is the Huge part why IV was better, while Rondo Bumps you off a cliff, IV Just bumps you vertically making a huge difference on Death Ratios. All Eight Whipping would have been nice and Crouch walking was upgraded to Slide in later games.

Rondo is a Good Game, but a bit unworthy to succeed IV, gameplay-wise.
The Stage Select, Animated Cutscenes! (ironically MIA in all other 2d Vanias After), and Charcter Change were the better parts.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »
Saying that rondo sucks compared to SCV IV is like saying the 3 NES titles are crap compared to SCV IV. Not to mention you barely have to jump and attack thanks to the 8 directional whip, which makes bosses who levitate easy, not to mention renders the axe as useless as the knife.
Also don't forget that in IV you can still die instantly from spiked traps. While in rondo, you just take heavy damage.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2011, 01:21:27 PM »
Saying that rondo sucks compared to SCV IV is like saying the 3 NES titles are crap compared to SCV IV. Not to mention you barely have to jump and attack thanks to the 8 directional whip, which makes bosses who levitate easy, not to mention renders the axe as useless as the knife.
Also don't forget that in IV you can still die instantly from spiked traps. While in rondo, you just take heavy damage.

Please Read Above Post, Super Castlevania IV may have 8-Directional Whipping, but that's not why its better.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2011, 01:23:10 PM »
I don't know, if that are your only complaints, they seem like pretty nitpicky ones. Rondo by itself is a bit easier then SCIV, so if anything, those little things balances the two games a bit out in difficulty.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2011, 01:29:16 PM »
yeah, but getting knocked off cliffs is a shitty way of making a game hard, especielly after you made a game where you mostly die by damage (with the exception of the waterfalls and the stage after that)

The jumping is justified due to the backflip, which even works as a long jump, But the Recoil is the most important measure in terms of difficulty in a Classicvania.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 01:32:30 PM »
Not getting hit really helps.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2011, 01:47:55 PM »
Not getting hit really helps.
I Know I've said a mouthful of stupid stuff on this board but Really?
Isn't that the point of any game?

oh yeah, the blur isn't that big of a problem, plus the PSP is better simply because you can map your subweapon to R or L as opposed to Up+Attack which gets irritating when in a bind on stairs.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 01:57:33 PM »
You're bound to get hit once in a while unless you've memorized every enemies attack pattern.
oh yeah, the blur isn't that big of a problem, plus the PSP is better simply because you can map your subweapon to R or L as opposed to Up+Attack which gets irritating when in a bind on stairs.
btw, when you say that, does that occur for just the remake or both remake and original?
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Tags:

anything