Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Recent purchases  (Read 15307 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »
I suspected it would be Assault Suit Leynos 2.

You should give me that game and your Saturn. srsly. I've been wanting to play that game for ages. Been such a huge fan of Cybernator (a.k.a. Assault Suits Valken) for so long, that game looks like the greatest sequel to that classic.

Going to have to refuse that offer abnormal  ;) , yet the sequel to cybernator was that not made by konami or something? I do not see the orange and yellow flag thing on it maybe I sholud check it again.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 01:14:39 AM »
Konami published Cybernator in the States. It and the other Assault Suit games were developed by NCS Corp./Masaya.

And actually Cybernator was a prequel to Target Earth/Assault Suit Leynos, whereas Leynos 2 is a sequel to that but looks more in line with the gameplay mechanics of Cybernator.

You should move to Minnesota so I can come over and play it.

ASSAULT SUIT LEYNOS 2
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:16:55 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2012, 12:03:39 AM »
Konami published Cybernator in the States. It and the other Assault Suit games were developed by NCS Corp./Masaya.

And actually Cybernator was a prequel to Target Earth/Assault Suit Leynos, whereas Leynos 2 is a sequel to that but looks more in line with the gameplay mechanics of Cybernator.

You should move to Minnesota so I can come over and play it.

ASSAULT SUIT LEYNOS 2

Cannot sorry but I would probaly have a blast with ya Abnormal   :)  But I will say that today I got Grandia and darkstalkers revenge for the saturn,and a greatest hit's of symphony of the night( I wanted the saturn version and I do have dcx,but ehh) since the one I am brrowing from my friend does not work
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 03:20:49 AM »

Plus the English vocal version (though it's on a CD-R—but maybe the original always was a CD-R, I'll have to ask; it comes with the English booklet at least)

Plus some Coil-related stuff by Danny Hyde:

And these, for just under $15 total from BestBuy.com (an' I didn't have to drive anywhere, wh00t)

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 12:56:13 PM »

DeepDiscount, all pretty durned cheap. Roughly $10 each for those Arrow imports, $30 for the ANOES set, $8 or so for the Sparks CD instead of the $15 or so + shipping from Amazon UK...

And then DD jacked up the prices on almost everything.

Also bought this:

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2012, 12:58:51 AM »

Just to squeeze a little more out of that Deep Discount sale (with an additional $5 off code).

Then I had to go and get my brain thinking about gore films and how Premutos is one of the nastiest and how much fun of a movie it is and I feel really shitty only having a DVD-R so I felt I wanted to own it especially since now it's out of print and how despite how funny the English dub is and totally makes the party atmosphere so much greater and it's Region 0 NTSC so it'll play on anybody's player I felt I really wanted to see it in its original German with subtitles which is available on a Scandinavian DVD so fuck the American DVD for having the German track but no subs but oh well I fucking bought both versions anyway.

Diabolik DVD was the only place I could think of which might have it new and at a decent price (since Xploited Cinema is sadly no more) and sure enough it did, so while there I decided to spring on a purchase I've been meaning to make for months.

Oh and holy damn I bought all this a few days ago:

(click to show/hide)

Yeah, I'll never be able to afford a house 'cos I'm always wasting money. Dammit.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2012, 03:33:07 PM »
Just bought this collection http://www.amazon.com/Draculas-Favorites-Horror-Dracula-Risen/dp/B000U1ZV7G so I can get more familiar with the Hammer/Christopher Lee Dracula.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:37:03 PM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 04:28:09 PM »
That's a pretty dang cool set, though I hate that all of the films are 1.85:1. Really cramps the head room; I believe the films were all 1.66 originally.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 06:08:53 PM »
You're right the aspect ratio was originally different. But I watched Horror of Dracula yesterday and honestly didn't notice. Lee plays Dracula more like a feral beast with a thin veneer of humanity when you first meet him. Interesting take. Unfortunately in keeping with the other Hammer films I have seen (Aside from "The Mummy" which was great) the main attraction was off screen for the vast majority of the film. That's one thing Universal will always have over Hammer, the monsters are front and center. As I recall you don't even see the monster until literally the last five minutes in Curse of the Werewolf for example. (I was so shocked I timed it, but it's been about 5 years.) At least the sets and costumes are nice in these early Hammer productions.

Just bought the Humble Indie Bundle V. I already had 2 of the games but it was still a good deal.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:11:31 PM by Ratty »

Tags:

anything