Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's your opinion about AIPAC?  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: May 24, 2011, 08:01:22 AM »
I don't know much about this American... Lobby, but after hearing the Obama speech that followed his meeting with Israeli PM Netanyahu,
he was speaking like someone who insulted them and is begging to get their votes back.
How much power does AIPAC have anyway that every American president or candidate sucks up to them? Is the Jewish vote really that significant?
Also, does it provoke any sort of Zion's Elders conspiracies?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 08:44:37 AM »
There are a good bunch of wealthy and powerful Jewish business men out there, right? It's an attempt for their support, and not to piss them off. Jews tend to be very emotional and attached toward Israel, for good reason. Showing support for Israel shows support for them. Support for them leads to campaign donations and other potential payoffs.

This isn't exclusive to the Jews, but I'd go out on a limb and say the Jews are in the top tier of the appeasement routine for Democrats.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:36:16 AM »
I don't know much about this American... Lobby, but after hearing the Obama speech that followed his meeting with Israeli PM Netanyahu,
he was speaking like someone who insulted them and is begging to get their votes back.
How much power does AIPAC have anyway that every American president or candidate sucks up to them? Is the Jewish vote really that significant?
Also, does it provoke any sort of Zion's Elders conspiracies?

I was always aware of the constituency, but I wasn't aware of this specific group until just recently.  Also, the Jewish vote isn't nearly as significant as their campaign contributions.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 02:50:57 AM »
Another thing to consider is that the "jewish lobby" receives a *lot* of support from non-Jews...specifically, Christians. IIRC certain denominations of Christians in the US interpret the Bible in such a way that they believe the existence of Israel is crucial for fulfilling several Biblical prophecies. For that reason, they support Israel, and are a sizable fillip to the Israel lobby in America. :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »
I've heard about those "Christians for Israel" organizations, and I must say, whatever those guys believe in, Israelis sure appreciate the aid that they provide, especially the donations for poor people.
It always breaks my heart when the media shows elderly, lonely people, usually immigrants who can hardly live off the pension that the state gives them.

But then they just HAVE to stick in a religious woman who says "I am very poor and I can hardly feed my six children. Why won't the government help me?".
EXCUSE ME LADY! Have you just said that you're poor but you have SIX children? What the heck?
This is where I feel like shouting "If you can't feed them, why the F**K have you given birth to 6 children? You stupid b**ch!"   >:(
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »
Isn't it obvious? To get pity and a tv show!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 11:49:38 PM »
EXCUSE ME LADY! Have you just said that you're poor but you have SIX children? What the heck?
This is where I feel like shouting "If you can't feed them, why the F**K have you given birth to 6 children? You stupid b**ch!"

That's because some guy wanted to f**K her. In those regions and religions, patriarchal belief is the harsh and stupid reality. The women get almost or absolutely no say in the lives of their families or their own life for that matter. If this woman is dirt-poor with six kids, it's not her fault. It's her husbands fault for not thinking with his brain, but rather with his male-dominant libido. He brought this situation upon her and the kids therefor he should pay up. And his faith should definitely pay up. I can't fault her for this as she had no choice.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 08:04:40 AM »
X, you are almost right. It's not just about unprotected sex.
The thing is, that to religious Jews, it is considered a mitzvah  (religious commandment) to have many children.
In many religious communities, especially in the Orthodox ones, they are saying "It is good to have many children, because God said so."

Women are taught that giving birth to children and raising them should be the #1 goal of their lives. Having a job is far less important. They don't teach them enough about the great responsibility in it. People in the community are often getting married at a very young age (20-24 for men, even less for girls),  and immediately start thinking about offsprings.
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 02:11:32 PM »
This isn't exclusive to the Jews, but I'd go out on a limb and say the Jews are in the top tier of the appeasement routine for Democrats.

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Traditionally it's been the Republicans who have been more in line with support for Israel, due primarily to religious conventions (real or otherwise).

Granted, every politician plays the 'suck up to the rich' game in some form or another.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Tags: