Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula: The Un-dead (a novel)  (Read 2821 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: June 10, 2011, 06:13:24 PM »
I just picked this novel up a t the bookstore today and after reading the back I was shocked. The plot contains elements from CV: Bloodlines, though a minute amount. Here's the summery:

It is 1912, twenty-five years after Dracula "crumbled into dust." Vampire hunter Van Helsing's protege, Dr. Jack Seward, is now a disgraced morphine addict who's convinced that Countess Elizabeth Bathory, a murderous, raven-haired beauty born in 1560, still walks the earth. Meanwhile, the intelligent and capable Mina, wife of Jonathan Harker, has her own concerns: her son Quincey has finally learned his parent's terrible secrets, but not soon enough to prevent Jonathan's brutal murder in Piccadilly Circus. Someone is stalking the band of heroes who defeated Dracula. Could it be that Dracula somehow survived their attack and is seeking revenge? Based on Bram stoker's own handwritten notes for characters and plot threads, this is the bone-chilling sequel to the timeless classic Dracula.

And funnily enough the author is Dacre Stoker & Ian Holt.

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 06:49:02 PM »
Yeah, I saw this novel at a local store called Hastings here in my town. I thought it was pretty interesting, since Dracula lore has fascinated me for the longest time. It's not exactly based on the story, it's more or less a sequel, or that's what Dacre Stoker refers to it as. I wanted to buy it, but it was like 30 bucks and I don't have that kinda money on me at all times. :\
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Dracula: The Un-dead (a novel)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 11:04:24 PM »
I just read it, I liked it. And Mina's so badass in there. She is 
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 12:37:52 AM »
Really, Danceofgold? Really? o_o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Dracula: The Un-dead (a novel)
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 12:54:10 AM »
Really, Danceofgold? Really? o_o

Yeah, go read the book yourself. She and Dracula
(click to show/hide)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 06:33:08 AM »
Yeah, go read the book yourself. She and Dracula
(click to show/hide)

You're being serious aren't you?
(click to show/hide)
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »
Sounds like hilariously terrible fan fiction.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »
That Dracula! He always gets all the babes.  :rollseyes:
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: