Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!  (Read 12452 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 01:21:21 AM »
Yes, that one! :D
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 02:14:57 AM »
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EFO0ccULTAs/S7T5F_q9BWI/AAAAAAAAAF4/6fH_XdvrAXg/s1600/housecentipede.jpg

Seriously, centipedes should not exist. I think they're an aberration. A proof of a twisted universe. Especially that one. It looks like a mixture between ant, roach, centipede  and God's malevolence.

Well, the good thing about venturing through pictures and videos of horrible bugs is that it gives me a whole new perspective on the bugs I have a chance of encountering here. I can sleep a bit easier knowing that critters like that would likely die quickly in this climate.

Here's a bug story that is kind of endearing. Almost. Well, at least it's not creepy.

I was dozing in my backyard. My napping kept being interrupted by a sound that was high pitched, yet resonant. My half-sleep made the sound kind of psychedelic and amplified it. When I woke up, I kept hearing the same noise, just not quite as booming. I turned my head and it was a cricket, chirping about 15 cm from my head. I never knew how big of a sound they can make until I saw one so close.

Bonus.

You know what I didn't want to know of existing? Angry frogs. And carnivorous frogs. There is just something really disturbing about the idea of a frog being ravenous.

I used to find screaming frogs disturbing (especially when I encountered one IRL), but having desensitized myself through videos of them I'm not quite as creeped out by them as I used to be. But aggressive frogs that aren't cartoony, anthromorphic and don't have the ability to exaggerate their limbs while attacking space rats? I haven't quite gotten used to them yet.

Angry Frog

Frog vs mouse 1080p HD

Just imagine it. You're locked in a tiny cell with hundreds of frogs. They'll get hungry and there's lots of them. At first, they'll eat each other. But eventually, they start leaping at you. You wake up when they nibble on you with their teethless mouths.

If I had to choose what would consume my body, I think I'd rather be eaten by humans than by critters I thought of funny and cute as a kid. I mean, what's the first thing that you associate with frogs? Ribbiting? Sitting still and looking funny, maybe snatching a fly with its tongue? A smiling, jolly figure singing and dancing while wearing a top hat? Frogger? I doubt "screaming and eating flesh" are common initial thoughts about frogs.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:19:17 AM by A-Yty »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 11:13:46 AM »
I'd rather not be eaten period. One of my most horrid thoughts is to be consumed whole and still alive; Only to die from the churning, corrosive gastric juices of whatever swallowed me. It would be in situations like that, that having a terrorist's suicide vest loaded with C-12 would come in handy. You could die knowing you won't be killed in a horrible and ghastly manner and at the same time, removed a horrible blight from the world or at the least gave 'it' a very sore and sour stomach ache.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Lone Wolf

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2013, 01:30:28 AM »
Its not raining spiders in Brazil, also this spider doesnt seem scary, I could kill it anytime with a wooden pole. Now that snake is another story (maybe a longer pole? lol)

Kill it with a whip! lol :P

Tags:

anything