Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119256 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2014, 10:41:53 PM »
Well, to be fair, a lot of the original series Godzilla movies were like that to, most of them actually. Because it's cheaper, easier and faster to make the B-plot with humans into the A-plot and have 15 minutes of monster footage in an hour and a half+ movie. Which was important back then because once it was clear Godzilla could be sold to kid's matinees they were basically produced on an assembly line in the 60s and 70s.

I have no problems if this was a movie from the 60s or 70s and I loved the originals simply because it was difficult to create special effects during those days, but for a movie of this day and age, they should have ramped up the action. Or maybe I entered the theater with too much expectations. Oh well, that's just my opinion.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2014, 07:07:01 AM »
I have no problems if this was a movie from the 60s or 70s and I loved the originals simply because it was difficult to create special effects during those days, but for a movie of this day and age, they should have ramped up the action. Or maybe I entered the theater with too much expectations. Oh well, that's just my opinion.

Nah I agree. The whole point of making a modern remake is to improve on the areas that let down in the original, and if this movie didn't do that then it's definitely a flaw. I was just pointing out how a lot of people assume the original movies were nonstop monster footage when that usually wasn't the case.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #347 on: May 19, 2014, 09:09:10 AM »
Not quite a movie, but I've just watched a video of a German production of "Tanz der Vampire", whcih is based on Roman Polanski's movie, which is known as "The Fearless Vampire Killers".  It was even directed by him as well.  It's very campy, and very fun, with excellent music, costumes, and comedy.  I loved it.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #348 on: June 29, 2014, 04:41:58 AM »
Lemme see... This past month I...

Watched a bunch of animated movies:
The Lego Movie --> YES!!! Everything is Awesome!, I can't wait for the sequel.
Rio2 --> This is fun. Kristin Chenoweth, whooo~!

Then an old one:
Cellular --> I remembered seeing that Nokia phone.

Then another backlog, Star Trek Into The Darkness. Why was I happy to see a Nimoy cameo...?
Will watch Planes later. Hehehe.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #349 on: June 29, 2014, 06:22:07 PM »
Just watched Transformers 4. It wasn't quite as horrible as I thought, however it will remain irredeemable as long as it's sitting on top of the 3 garbage films that came before it. Oh and cannot stand the lazy-ass BS transformations of the human made robots. They don't even really "transform" so much as just kinda change.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #350 on: July 10, 2014, 05:36:47 PM »

I watched a movie recently.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #351 on: July 11, 2014, 05:44:09 PM »
If any of you guys haven't seen the movie Dog Soldiers, I suggest you do so right away. It's the best werewolf movie I've ever seen.

"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #352 on: July 11, 2014, 06:12:52 PM »
Just watched Transformers 4. It wasn't quite as horrible as I thought, however it will remain irredeemable as long as it's sitting on top of the 3 garbage films that came before it.

Yeah, I agree. I really like TF 4, I thought it was amazing, actually, like Bay actually listened to feedback, and improved his movie based on it. I love the personalities and unique looks of the autobots, something the previous movies couldn't figure out how to do right.

But however, it has the previous movies standing behind it, so it's hard to say anything about the series as a whole, since any attempts I make at defending TF 4 is pretty much pointless, as TF 4 isn't a stand alone movie, it's entire plot is completely dependent on TF 3.

But hey, I feel like Bay is improving. To me, it seems like each consecutive Bay TF movie gets better and better. Who knows, when TF 5 comes out, and it will, it might be even better.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #353 on: July 13, 2014, 02:54:26 PM »
If any of you guys haven't seen the movie Dog Soldiers, I suggest you do so right away. It's the best werewolf movie I've ever seen.

Yeah it's a favorite of mine. Werewolves have always been my favorite monsters and I appreciate the use of practical effects in this film. Which while not the best (I'd say that goes to the original "The Howling") they are close, double impressive considering it was a pretty low budget movie. The acting was also really great. Good thing to re-watch in October.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #354 on: July 13, 2014, 06:53:31 PM »
Yeah it's a favorite of mine. Werewolves have always been my favorite monsters and I appreciate the use of practical effects in this film. Which while not the best (I'd say that goes to the original "The Howling") they are close, double impressive considering it was a pretty low budget movie. The acting was also really great. Good thing to re-watch in October.

It's my favorite movie as well. I watched it on Sci-fi way back in 2002 and I was only 7. I loved the atmosphere, the gloomy, dark, misty forests in the lonely Scottish Highlands (I want to go there sometime, thanks to the movie). Werewolves were awesome, too. Sam is still the hero of the movie to me.  :P
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #355 on: July 25, 2014, 05:51:24 AM »
Hercules....

I liked it. Go watch it.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #356 on: July 26, 2014, 11:28:51 PM »
Last weekend I watched the Vampire Lovers and the Gorgon.  Now I just watched The Seventh Seal in which that Castlevania Retrospective mentioned Death is portrayed as a character and may have influenced the Castlevania Death.  I quickly realized that a good bit of Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey is a mockery of this movie, making that funnier.  But The Seventh Seal is a really good smartass movie with some great lines itself.

Watched them all on youtube.  The first result for the full Seventh Seal is removed but another without full in the title is still up.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #357 on: July 27, 2014, 01:00:35 AM »
I just watched Snowpiercer.
It is like a social commentary (I liked this).
The ending gave off the same feeling I got at the end of Gravity.
I liked the beginning parts but the ending seemed meh.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #358 on: July 30, 2014, 12:52:40 PM »
Wes Craven's Deadly Friend.

We need more scary movies like this
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2014, 04:39:04 AM »
Wes Craven's Deadly Friend.

We need more scary movies like this

Is that a new movie from Wes Craven?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything