Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119407 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2014, 10:02:49 PM »
+1
Is that a new movie from Wes Craven?

Cant tell if serious...

its from 1986

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #361 on: August 05, 2014, 07:14:52 PM »
Watched Lust for a Vampire.  Now just have Twins of Evil to see in the Karnstein trilogy.  And I think Vampire Circus is supposed to be slightly connected to them.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #362 on: August 07, 2014, 02:21:43 AM »
Twins of Evil has twin sets of some of the most luscious breasteriors I've ever seen in the movies.

I just watched Phantom of the Paradise last night. I become more a fan of Brian de Palma with each movie of his I see. It's sort of a rock musical, wildly funny, some horror aspects but more of a comedy, and like all the other de Palma movies I've seen, there are homages to Hitchcock at every turn.

Wonderful music by Paul Williams.

This guy who obviously inspired the look of Griffith in Berserk.

(Not to mention the leather and voice box on his chest that I'm certain inspired the look of Darth Vader.)

And perhaps it's just because I read an article about how de Palma and Dario Argento are two sides of the same coin, and how they both are inspired by Hitchcock but also seem to influence each other in various ways, but I can't shake that the visual design of Suspiria is in ways inspired by this movie (and Mario Bava, of course), and Jessica Harper being in both films makes it more apparent.

Great stuff, can't wait to show it to all my friends.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #363 on: August 07, 2014, 03:39:04 AM »
I recently watched 1408, the film adaptation of King's short story. Scary *_*

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »
I think that guy who inspired Griffith also inspired the 8-bit NES controller.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #365 on: August 14, 2014, 04:02:27 PM »
Cant tell if serious...

its from 1986

Of course, everyone on the forum knows that I am a total 80's Horror Buff!

Speaking of which, I just saw a trailer for this!
Phantasm V Ravager Teaser

Not by my man Don but, hell it looks to have all the original actors so I can die happy now because the series is finally going to have a proper conclusion!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: September 09, 2014, 06:07:56 PM »
Holy ****!

I need to catch up the Phantasm series.  Only saw the first two I think.  Damn, how old is the tall man now?  He probably really is an immortal alien or whatever like in the movies and the name Angus Scrimm is just a cover.

In the past I guess couple months I've seen the Karnstein Trilogy, Countess Dracula, The Gorgon, Seventh Seal, and Bride of Frankenstein from 1935.  Also watched my old tape of Shadow of the Vampire from 2000.  All of them are great.  Saw Grave of Vampire from 1972 too.  That one was pretty slow moving most of the time but overall good with some twists.

Reply to Abnormal Freak:
You're weren't kidding.  Very nice!  BTW, did you ever see Young Frankenstein?
Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in?
Igor: Then you won't be angry?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.
Igor: Abby someone.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: (pause, then) Abby someone. Abby who?
Igor: Abby... Normal.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: (pause, then) Abby Normal?
Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: (chuckles, then) Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?
(grabs Igor and starts throttling him)

Also if anyone has a seen any silly imitations of the Bride of Frankenstein.  They're hilariously accurate to the 1935 original movie.

Anyway, although I recommend boycotting them and I don't have cable at home, if anyone happens to have Comcast, under free movies Twins of Evil is available On Demand.  The HD version is there but they miscategorized it under Action or Drama or something rather than horror.  Seventh Moon is a great Chinese freaky horror movie available now too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:42:33 AM by EisaKrieger »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #367 on: October 15, 2014, 01:11:13 AM »
I've watching a lot of spaghetti westerns. Watched Django(1966 version) and Sabata today.

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #368 on: October 15, 2014, 05:33:20 PM »
Sukiyaki Western Django is an interesting movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0906665/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Saw a couple more good Hammer Horror movies: Frankenstein Created Woman and Dracula: Prince of Darkness (both in a 3 movie HH collection).

Also the Vampire's Niece is a good movie (part of a 9 movie Horrorlicious collection).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:10:52 PM by EisaKrieger »

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #369 on: October 16, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »
Watched Vampire Hunter D last night. So like Castlevania it's not even funny. At the end they even have Dracula's castle sinking into the earth while heroes look on from a distance.

Yeah it's a pretty obvious influence. I and a lot of other people suspect that the whip, which Doris inherited from her werewolf hunter father, as well as the sinking Castle are direct inspirations.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #370 on: October 16, 2014, 03:22:41 PM »
I watched the new Godzilla finally on DVD last night! What an awesome movie!

Funny how they finally got it right after what seemed like a billion remakes. It reminded me of the old Japanese Godzilla movies back in the day!

Can't wait for the sequels and the return of some of the classic Godzilla monsters!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: October 18, 2014, 04:43:32 AM »
As I mentioned in the Halloween thread I've been watching a lot of movies lately. I watched Ginger Snaps, which was good even if I wasn't in the mood for it. I also for some reason watched the entire Puppet Master series of movies (sans Syfy original "Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys") aaaaand...

1-5 are bad but fun movies with lots enjoyable special effects and cheesy stories. Especially 3, which is a Nazi revenge film. After 5 ended Paramount and Full Moon Pictures split, which means that New Moon's Movies took a budget nosedive, and indeed the Puppet Master series was on a four year hiatus during which time the original prop Puppets appear to have been stolen or sold. So Puppet Master 6-10 (all the unnumbered sequels in the series) are all terrible, talky and lame films with little murdering Puppet action and incredibly amateurish special effects, so just avoid them.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #372 on: October 20, 2014, 01:26:41 AM »
Just watched Bad Grandpa. Man, that's the hardest I've ever laughed for a long, long time. It's one of those movies that I wouldn't have bothered to watch if it wasn't on netflix.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: October 21, 2014, 05:25:04 AM »
Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat - How's that for a clunky title? This comedy western suffers from a severe lack of Bruce Campbell as the charmingly bumbling Van Helsing descendant. He's the best thing in it so of course it's basically a glorified cameo. The bland family who are supposed to be the main characters are uninteresting, and as usual the children's acting is cringe worthy, but David Carradine did well as the leader of the "good" vampires. Makes me wonder how much he must have thought about his father in another vampire western, "Billy the Kid vs. Dracula" when making this.

Warrior Queen - This movie does not include a warrior queen. Like so many 1980s straight-to-video sword and sandal and/or sword and sorcery flicks the best part was the Boris Vallejo cover artwork. Inspired by the likes of Caligula, but on probably 1/1000th the budget, it's mostly just an excuse to provide nudity and violence.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:27:32 AM by Ratty »

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: October 31, 2014, 06:11:02 PM »
Last Saturday was awesome.  Saw Nosferatu 3D with a soundtrack provided by a live band.

Tags:

anything