Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: You can see who upvoted/downvoted you  (Read 29711 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: You can see who upvoted/downvoted you
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2013, 11:38:21 PM »
+1
Well, now I have a better idea of who like me (luckily, it seems there's plenty, and I added you all to my friends list... you know who you are)  :)
And anyone who wants to be on my friends list, is welcomed to add me too. Maybe some users don't upvote, but they like me anyway.
I like lots of people here. Not from now, but from my very first days.
...and I also know who doesn't like me (luckily, there were just 2, so... Ignore, and problem solved).

On another note, I could find that most of my downvotes were when I said something negative about CoxVanias. Especially when I was new here.
I never went downvoting everyone that talked negatively about IgaVanias, but whatever, we are not all the same, the forum would be boring if we were all agreeing.
I must have done like 500 upvotings or more since I joined, almost always to people I like when they say something I like, but periodically, I also upvote any post I agree or find funny, cute or whatever.
Now everyone can see it... but I'll still do it.

And I'm also glad that now we are getting along just fine with people that (I see now) used to downvote me when I was new.

I agree with the idea of having only upvoting, anyway.
The disagreement should always be made with a text explaining why you don't like a post. It's not the same as a +1, because that's the same as saying that you agree.

Another solution could be to have no points at all, to just get rid of the respect system... but it's kinda fun to have a score, like in a game.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2013, 11:41:43 PM »
+2
I would agree with the rest who proposed that only upvoting should be allowed.

Please don't kill the ratings system, it is nice to have a score. hehehe.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2013, 11:59:32 PM »
+2
I like it. Now when I get downvoted I can see if it's cuz Dave Cox's lapdogs got butthurt over a criticism of MS's games, or if IGA's sailor scouts got butthurt, or if it was just some weird that nobody gives a shit about..

I just downvoted you.

I guess I'm a weird nobody gives a shit about :(

Another solution could be to have no points at all, to just get rid of the respect system... but it's kinda fun to have a score, like in a game.

True. But IMO, the game has lost its charm with this.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 02:12:08 AM »
+1
I love downvoting 'cos sometimes people are just real big asshats and I don't care if they see that I've given 'em a negative point.

But I've doled out downvotes maybe a handful of times.

So yeah, if the rating system stays, keep the option to give negative votes. I always lol when there's a real big turd on the board who has like negative two hundred points.

And I kinda like seeing who likes my posts. It gives me the warm fuzzies. But I won't be going back to old posts to see who did what; I don't even know which posts anyone liked or disliked.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 02:37:29 AM »
+1
I would agree with the rest who proposed that only upvoting should be allowed.

I think that at that point CVDF might as well change the color scheme to white and blue, constantly change their user agreement and enable the install of apps and minigames  :P

Well, in a way one of these things was already done so..  :o

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2013, 03:15:57 AM »
+1
This is a recipe for disaster. Let me go get some popcorn.

I'd like to have a report page to show me vote tallies per users who has voted on my posts for all of my posts combined too if possible. Something like:

user1 +22 -12
user2 +13 -11
user3 +5 -10
etc...

In addition, its more telling if perhaps posts had counts on + and -, instead of showing just the balance. I've had a few posts with "0" because 2 or 3 people voted on each side. That would show what posts are really interesting to people, but you'd never know unless you checked the voter list manually.

The curiosity is killing me! I want to know my biggest fans. Already I see some very interesting results on my posts.

Also, in total honesty, the up-vote only system with visible up-votes listed is really the best choice for civility and positivity. I don't care either way personally. The negative votes are interesting to see for me.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:19:03 AM by uzo »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2013, 03:23:44 AM »
+1
This could lead to flame wars, the likes which we've.....seen before. All over someone butt hurt because someone else multi downvoted their posts because they didn't agree with them. I can't gauge the maturity levels on the boards these days (there was a time it was bad, real bad), we'll see how mature people are. If I downvote you, I don't really need to explain why, I'm not killing you in anyway, nor is your everyday life affected. You'll live.  :P

There will be grudges because someone downvoted someone else, and they'll know exactly who it is. I like the way Sega 16 forums does it, there's no negative rep, but if you like someone's post you can message them via the rep system exactly why you voted their comment up. If you don't like their comment, live with it and move on as the negative rep had either been removed, or did not exist.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:33:37 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2013, 03:30:58 AM »
+1
Lol, wow. I think crisis just went on a tiny -1 spree for my account a little while back. Some of these do not make any sense, or just seem like they're -1'd to offset a +1? Or maybe vice versa, I got +1's to offset some -1's? Even farther back it looks like I got a large +1 influx from crisis too, not undeservedly so though, so I guess everything evens out lol. Interesting to see how people think and act about one another when the veil of anonymity is up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:21:22 AM by uzo »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2013, 04:34:32 AM »
+1
I know I've downvoted a few posts here and there just to offset a +1 that I thought was ill-deserved, lol. Wanted to bring things back to a big, fat zero of mediocrity.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2013, 05:00:15 AM »
True. But IMO, the game has lost its charm with this.

You're just miffed that you can't negative-bomb me or anyone else anymore without us knowing you've made yourself our make-believe secret nemesis.

Which is odd because as far as I know I've never done a damn thing to you. o_O

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2013, 05:03:02 AM »
+1
I'll let it be known right now, that if I see someone 'calling someone out' as a response to a -1, I'm -1ing that person out of General Principle.

I'MMA CALLIN' YOU OUT JORGE

We gonna settle this once and for all with a PANTS OFF DANCE OFF.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2013, 05:15:34 AM »
+1
If I were worried about that, it wouldn't help me in any way to hope for this thing to go back the way it was. In a couple of days, everyone will know who "hates" them. Actually, if this is reversed eventually, it's likely the mystery downvotes will be attributed to those who voted the most down. If I, for example, suddenly started acting the opposite, someone could do me a prank me and "bomb" the shit out of you (or anyone else that has gotten negative votes from me).

So maybe Flame was right, this might lead to kind of hilarious results if more people start asking why they got so many negas from certain someones. This might cause more drama than worrying about mystery downvoters!

And you don't have to do anything to get me to vote your post down. Except post.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2013, 05:29:35 AM »
+1
If I were worried about that, it wouldn't help me in any way to hope for this thing to go back the way it was. In a couple of days, everyone will know who "hates" them. Actually, if this is reversed eventually, it's likely the mystery downvotes will be attributed to those who voted the most down. If I, for example, suddenly started acting the opposite, someone could do me a prank me and "bomb" the shit out of you (or anyone else that has gotten negative votes from me).

So maybe Flame was right, this might lead to kind of hilarious results if more people start asking why they got so many negas from certain someones. This might cause more drama than worrying about mystery downvoters!

And you don't have to do anything to get me to vote your post down. Except post.
Suppose I were to shave my head. Would this warrant me a down vote as well?  :'( I mean it is getting hot again!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2013, 05:34:40 AM »
+1
The shiny kind of bald or the kind that leaves something?

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2013, 05:44:58 AM »
+1
I was thinking a slight stubble would be ok. I've never gotten the shine before
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Tags: chaos 

anything