Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975357 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #450 on: May 07, 2015, 03:22:28 PM »
"The weapon which most inspires dread will prevail."
"I am impressed with your skill. Careful you don't back-dash right into my trap."
"Be greedy with the moonlight now. For it may be some time before you drink of it again."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:26:50 PM by TheCruelAngel »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #451 on: May 07, 2015, 03:30:31 PM »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #452 on: May 07, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been comented on yet but...

Have you noticed how every day each clan has fought a different clan? IronFlail will have fought all other sword clans already by the end of today.

Now... What happens when there are no swords to fight against? Will Draculiga turn whips against whips?

Also, new lines:
How can you protect the ones you love when the thing that threatens them is inside you?

She runs from herself. What does she run toward?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:12:28 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #453 on: May 07, 2015, 04:35:48 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been comented on yet but...

Have you noticed how every day each clan has fought a different clan? IronFlail will have fought all other sword clans already by the end of today.

Now... What happens when there are no swords to fight against? Will Draculiga turn whips against whips?

Also, new lines:
How can you protect the ones you love when the thing that threatens them is inside you?

She runs from herself. What does she run toward?

Maybe another round of swords vs whips?
Draculiga or Igacula?

Female protag?

"I am impressed with your skill. Careful you don't back-dash right into my trap."
"Be greedy with the moonlight now. For it may be some time before you drink of it again."

Alucard-ish protag?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:48:31 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #454 on: May 07, 2015, 04:51:10 PM »
+1
i hope we get a truly huge castle, one that we can easily get lost in. last time i had that feeling of getting confused where 2 go next was playing harmony of dissonance for the 1st time (even after replaying it several years later, sometimes i had to consult a guide cuz i forgot what two do). but that was mainly cuz of the dual castle aspect. hopefully they can incorporate that same feeling but with 1 castle (or 2, i honestly dnt care at this point. just make it interesting with gothic atmosphere & fun gameplay with boobytraps everywhere)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #455 on: May 07, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
Ironic, isn’t it, that I can only destroy you with your help?

Eh??

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #456 on: May 07, 2015, 04:59:47 PM »

Eh??

Hmmm... protag goes down a dark path with good intentions? or vice versa?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #457 on: May 07, 2015, 05:04:53 PM »
+1

Eh??

subtext reads hes trying to build a game with our help, that also challenges us & hard for us to beat

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #458 on: May 07, 2015, 05:12:10 PM »
subtext reads hes trying to build a game with our help, that also challenges us & hard for us to beat

That's what I though too. "I can only be the final boss and kill you if you actually fund this shit. So get to it, goddammit."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:14:19 PM by theplottwist »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #459 on: May 07, 2015, 06:05:31 PM »
Okay now I think this MIGHT be something online-related. Just imagine if IGA has actually acquired the rights for Castlevania and has developed some kind of engine for you to create your own "igavania".

Just imagine.

Important note: The text is selected because I was going to copy+paste. But I noticed that printing worked much better, So I printed this juuuuuust before it disappeared. I swear this is not manipulated (which is what the selected text makes it looks like).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:11:57 PM by theplottwist »

Offline riverman

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #460 on: May 07, 2015, 06:07:13 PM »
"Monday morning 11. I suppose you can watch"

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #461 on: May 07, 2015, 06:23:25 PM »
One more

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #462 on: May 07, 2015, 06:29:49 PM »
See? Next Monday, a new Iga game!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #463 on: May 07, 2015, 08:32:09 PM »
Okay now I think this MIGHT be something online-related. Just imagine if IGA has actually acquired the rights for Castlevania and has developed some kind of engine for you to create your own "igavania".

Just imagine.

I'm surprised the term "Igavania" is used throughout this at all. It may very well be something that the Castlevania Dungeon came up with in the first place. I can't say for sure but here's where I heard it first. It was a way for us to separate the different games and its producers. Also, this is not supposed to be a Vania at all.

Anyway, that message sounds more like something that has to do with the actual Kickstarter. That we - the players - are meeting them - the developers - on Kickstarter to see what we can do together! The "New World" could just be a way to describe crowdfunding. Dunno.

I am ridiculously hyped. Need to calm down. I'm gonna pretend this is a Candy Crush clone, so that my expectations are lowered.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:34:47 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Gambit Belmont

• Kinetic Vampire Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #464 on: May 07, 2015, 08:43:57 PM »

WAT DUZ EET MEEEEEEEEEAN~~~~
 :o

Tags: