Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975455 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #465 on: May 07, 2015, 08:45:46 PM »
+1
If it turns out it's all for a mobile game I will flip the Knights of the Round Table's table.

Offline Gambit Belmont

• Kinetic Vampire Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #466 on: May 07, 2015, 08:48:48 PM »

^ Actually, I think I know what he could be referring to by this.

It's probably referring to us, the fans, trying to get our classic vania goodness back in some form.  Effectively "take back" Castlevania similarily to how Inafune would be wanting to "take bad" Megaman.

That could be what he means by "you will die trying."  It can only succeed with our support.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:52:54 PM by Gambit Belmont »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #467 on: May 07, 2015, 09:11:56 PM »
subtext reads hes trying to build a game with our help, that also challenges us & hard for us to beat
I can only hope.

Crazy thought, but what if IGA furthered the formula he had going in OoE where it felt like a nice mesh of Classicvania and Metroidvania and we can expect something along the lines of the training room from OoE for an entire game?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:16:23 PM by OSM »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #468 on: May 07, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »
Anyway, that message sounds more like something that has to do with the actual Kickstarter. That we - the players - are meeting them - the developers - on Kickstarter to see what we can do together! The "New World" could just be a way to describe crowdfunding. Dunno.

In fact, "New World" capitalized like that makes me think that he's referring specifically to the Americas. I'll go off a limb to say the he might indeed come to the USA just so he can set something up.

One thing: I went to /v/ and there are some people using my fanart of the site as if something had happened. It's not real, it's just a fanart.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:22:09 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #469 on: May 07, 2015, 09:29:37 PM »
I just got the Igavania message too. Weeeeeeird.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #470 on: May 07, 2015, 10:03:51 PM »
What are the odds of the final boss in the game being Dracula? There's absolutely nothing stopping IGA from doing it. I wonder what would happen if he put Dracula, Death, Medusa, Succubus, the Mummies etcetera, in the game? Could Konami do anything about it? It's very different from, say, Mighty no 9 where they can't possibly use any of the classic Mega Man bosses (their names are probably protected somehow). But Castlevania bosses? I mean, we can't have the more specific ones like...dunno, Shaft. Or Isaac. But the rest?

Not that I think this will happen, and I am all for a fresh start with new stuff. But technically I think it would be possible to make a game that uses plenty of Castlevania characters. Though maybe Konami could claim some kind of trademark infrigement anyway...

Offline The Most Curious Thing

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #471 on: May 07, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »

Oh hell yes. Look, I don't care if it's 3D or if it's online or if it's sodding Igavania Puzzle: Encore of the Night. There's back-dashing in the game. This thing's going to work out.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #472 on: May 07, 2015, 10:16:44 PM »
And here is the 5th

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #473 on: May 07, 2015, 11:05:23 PM »
Looking forward to more news! Very interesting. I'm hoping for some whip-cracking action-platforming!

"Have you dabbled in the alchemical arts?"
"Your consistency is impressive. But do you even know what you're doing?"
"From now on, I will call you Gusion the Gauche. You may call me sir."

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:09:50 PM by RichterB »

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #474 on: May 07, 2015, 11:17:06 PM »
I got one today saying something like "Monday 11 morning, I suppose you can watch".

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #476 on: May 08, 2015, 02:00:42 AM »
I just hope whatever it is, to be on the 3DS or NEW 3DS. I want beautiful side-scrolling, RPG, Castlevnia-ish, ENORMOUS game.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: May 08, 2015, 02:33:50 AM »
I just hope whatever it is, to be on the 3DS or NEW 3DS. I want beautiful side-scrolling, RPG, Castlevnia-ish, ENORMOUS game.

I think we can at least expect a 3DS release to be one of the stretch goals on the kickstarter. Unless they're targetting PS4/XBOne which might make the game too demanding graphically. Though nothing suggests "cutting edge" graphics at this point.

I really dig having a map on the bottom (or top) screen, so 3DS is my most wanted platform too. Though I wouldn't mind a Vita release either because the screen is so pretty...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:37:56 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #478 on: May 08, 2015, 03:27:42 AM »
If this is going to the 3DS. I'm gonna be so happy.  :D

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #479 on: May 08, 2015, 03:35:52 AM »
PC (steam) and then as much porting to other platforms as the KS goals can get (preferency for 3DS here), is the way to go in my opinion. If you think about it, PC permits some interesing modding (not really into it myself) and an eventual map editor (wich i´ve dreamed about for so many years).

Anyway this looks like the real thing. I'm not worried about this baby turning into some MMO Frankenstein or casual mobile phone game at all, it would be ridiculous if IGA just left Konami for such a project. We'll see about it this monday, anyway.

In the meantime, and seeing how much attention we get from the man himself and the game media, we could start a new, specific thread to put our hopes and opinions on the table, served with some order and good taste. After all, we are the hard-core (in many ways) of the CV community and it seems like we really matter, for the first time.

...oh, and cheers to all the old buddies around  :)  Glad to surf the giant hype wave along with you, again!

Tags: